What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
More playing tonight. Took some lichen off a birch tree ages ago and it's nice and dry now. So i've been playing with some scatter and trying to place it onto the dio. Also here is a different shot with a (dust covered) Hs129 B2 on it before the bushes. I think it looks better then it did with the Fw190.

IMG_2123.JPGIMG_2125.JPGIMG_2126.JPGIMG_2127.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No probs Rick. Thanks for the compliment as well.......these were fun. First games workshop stuff I’ve ever painted!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Half way through UM's 1/72 scale Sd. Kfz. 140 Flakpanzer 38(t). The flak unit was awful so I replaced it with one from ICM. It was a joy to build. This is the third kit I have built from ICM recently and I am most impressed. Just have to add on the 384 missing track pins now! :sad-face: :thumb2: :cool:
Add Watermark_2021_03_27_11_24_13 (3).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_03_27_11_24_13.jpgAdd Watermark_2021_03_27_11_24_13 (2).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_03_27_11_24_13 (4).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_03_27_11_24_13 (5).jpg

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is a real beauty Mr. Jones.........and its almost 1-87 scale! I do hope you will post it in the completed threads when you get it finished.
Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
After finishing work today i decided to have another go at some of the diorama bushes. I've been 'teasing' some of the lichen apart and it looks (to me at least) like i have some really decent bushes/branches here. I think these will paint up and hold leaves vey nicely. Might have to go out and get some more lichen.

IMG_2128.JPGIMG_2129.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Having to take a break from my trailer due to severe eye strain (1/2 mm pieces), I decided to give them a rest with this,

IMG_2344.JPG
Vintage 1974 and still needs some paint on the shields and tires. Not gonna build the truck till much later. Then I moved on to something with small, but not microscopic sized parts to keep the Mojo going,

IMG_2352.JPG
I must have been nuts!!! Labor intensive cleanup, soup sandwich destructions, but a lot of fun just the same. Each panel has 29 parts in it. 4 panels per sprue, times 3 sprues.....Then another 6 panels with 27 parts each on top of that. Gotta love it..............

Prost
Allen

A quick note to my buddy Rick "There are now 10,007 comedians out of work!!!"........Just saying.........

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
View attachment 418239
I must have been nuts!!! Labor intensive cleanup, soup sandwich destructions, but a lot of fun just the same. Each panel has 29 parts in it. 4 panels per sprue, times 3 sprues.....Then another 6 panels with 27 parts each on top of that. Gotta love it..............
Is that the Bronco kit? Then I’m glad I had other reasons already for not building this in 1:35 scale:—

M4-plymoth-bailey-bridge.jpg

(I counted the number of panels in that photo and in a Bronco Bailey bridge kit, then decided I did not want to spend €350 on a model.)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hey Allen, you just go from one "Hair Puller" to the next.....They have a name for folks that enjoy that kind of stuff! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out::thumb2:
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Alan, very convincing......I think you are on to something useful. Rick H.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yeah it seems to be working Rick. I am going to go out and get some more lichen and then preserve it. Just ordered some different shades of scatter to have a play with

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm currently working on some different shades for ground cover also.....I think it is a little more realistic and less monochromatic. Wish I could use natural lichen but will have to do with "Store bought" stuff till I find a source. Rick H.

D

Deleted member 7181

A bit of a 2 in 1.

Next up on the bench is another tanky thing. I only opened the box to have a look and the multi-part hull just fell together before I knew what was happening.

Plus I've hacked up some old laminate flooring to make a shelfy thing. It's cleared loads of junk from the bench and put some things like palettes and my most used brushes within easy reach. Still only temporary, but a big improvement.

7EGIDP4.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Is that the Bronco kit? Then I’m glad I had other reasons already for not building this in 1:35 scale:—

View attachment 418263

(I counted the number of panels in that photo and in a Bronco Bailey bridge kit, then decided I did not want to spend €350 on a model.)

Hi Jakko.

It is the Bronco kit and you would only need 2 of them to do this project. Each kit supplies 18 panels and you would need 32 for it. Both of my kits had a total cost of about € 41,50 from evilbay. If you have an extra Sherman or 2, it would be a breeze to build this. You would just need time and a whole lotta patience. Go for it!!!

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Odd. Why did I reach the conclusion I needed about six sets, then? I must have miscalculated somewhere … That suddenly makes it seem viable :smiling3:

Status
Not open for further replies.