What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Started this about a month ago, but progress has been sporadic and I haven't taken very many pics along the way. Trumpeter's Armored L4500A with 3.7cm Flak 37. Have enjoyed this kit far more than their Sdkfz 7/1 kit. Here's where it sits at the moment.
Excellent stuff Ron :smiling3:
That looks a very clean build indeed,and nicely detailed, looking forward to seeing this develop.
Andy

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did force me to start using Putty from the get go, which I found to be a nice material.
However still need to learn how to finish it smoothly.

:smiling:
I saw someone using a paintbrush dipped meths or IPA to smooth Milliput. Looked very effective. I'll be trying that shortly.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Cheers guys. I appreciate the positive feedback. Don't worry about Bob, JR. He is out at sea with his floaty stuff so won't be able to see it :smiling5: :smiling5: :cool:
Ive been following the Stug on Youtube Steve.Something very different and superb work from you on the blade etc.I like off the wall stuff and im Sure Bob the Stugs watching from afar.
Carry on Carruthers;
Rich,

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Story of my life Ron..... wouldn't feel normal in another scale. ;). Rick H.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent stuff Ron :smiling3:
That looks a very clean build indeed,and nicely detailed, looking forward to seeing this develop.
Andy
Thank You Andy ! Nearly all OOB but I would like to add some plug wires to the engine. The hood's been fixed though do will see if it's do-able before priming.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is on the bench tonight. Going to try to pull this off a PST Ford G8TA using a Heller/Airfix Opel Blitz chassis and running gear for a captured German truck. I’m using the single axle frame the for another build so I was left with the cab and complements A6AE9343-3F6A-4E37-B3EC-C329EBDCB0F8.jpeg

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Started this about a month ago, but progress has been sporadic and I haven't taken very many pics along the way. Trumpeter's Armored L4500A with 3.7cm Flak 37. Have enjoyed this kit far more than their Sdkfz 7/1 kit. Here's where it sits at the moment.
Great stuff Ron ,always nice to go at a pace that brings enjoyment ,I sometimes wish I hadent shown what I'd started ,I know it doesn't but it puts a kind of false commitment on the build making you feel like you should crack on. Anyway six days six weeks six years whenever? looking forward to the next installment. Dave

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great stuff Ron ,always nice to go at a pace that brings enjoyment ,I sometimes wish I hadent shown what I'd started ,I know it doesn't but it puts a kind of false commitment on the build making you feel like you should crack on. Anyway six days six weeks six years whenever? looking forward to the next installment. Dave
How right you are Dave ! I'd posted the start of a Sdkfz 251/22 Uhu months ago but stalled right after. Fortunately yesterday I was able to source an update-improvement set that I had previousky assumed was OOP and unattainable for years. Hopefully I'll be able to start again on that build !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
This is on the bench tonight. Going to try to pull this off a PST Ford G8TA using a Heller/Airfix Opel Blitz chassis and running gear for a captured German truck. I’m using the single axle frame the for another build so I was left with the cab and complements View attachment 442416
Cool!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'd posted the start of a Sdkfz 251/22 Uhu months ago but stalled right after. Fortunately yesterday I was able to source an update-improvement set that I had previousky assumed was OOP and unattainable for years.

Hi Ron, What update kit did you find for the UHU??? Blast Models I hope........

I have been busy at the table too. It's hard to keep up with all the finery being posted here, but I'm trying. Still working on the 1/32 Arado 234 night fighter. Like all limited run kits, you have to do a lot of dry fitting and tweaking to get a good join on the parts. Very time consuming too. Finally got all the wings together and the rocket take-off boosters,

IMG_2792.JPG

I was surprised that the wings and pods didn't need any filler. It took time, but worked out in the end. I also made a start on the landing gear parts and brake lines. On to the pit,

IMG_2795.JPG

These are the 3 instrument panels and Fly gives you resin pieces for the gages. As this baby is all glass up front, you can see all of this and more, so they have to be wired up to look functional,

IMG_2796.JPG

Using a great walk-around of the surviving Ar 234 at the Smithsonian Museum, we got a start. Then came some more sub assemblies,

IMG_2800.JPG

Wheels took time to get them together and cleaned up. Etch parts are easy to work with and the etch pedals, top right, look much better than the plastic kit parts. HGW seatbelts are up next on the agenda. Slowly we are getting somewhere...............

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Ron, What update kit did you find for the UHU??? Blast Models I hope........

I have been busy at the table too. It's hard to keep up with all the finery being posted here, but I'm trying. Still working on the 1/32 Arado 234 night fighter. Like all limited run kits, you have to do a lot of dry fitting and tweaking to get a good join on the parts. Very time consuming too. Finally got all the wings together and the rocket take-off boosters,

View attachment 442430

I was surprised that the wings and pods didn't need any filler. It took time, but worked out in the end. I also made a start on the landing gear parts and brake lines. On to the pit,

View attachment 442431

These are the 3 instrument panels and Fly gives you resin pieces for the gages. As this baby is all glass up front, you can see all of this and more, so they have to be wired up to look functional,

View attachment 442432

Using a great walk-around of the surviving Ar 234 at the Smithsonian Museum, we got a start. Then came some more sub assemblies,

View attachment 442433

Wheels took time to get them together and cleaned up. Etch parts are easy to work with and the etch pedals, top right, look much better than the plastic kit parts. HGW seatbelts are up next on the agenda. Slowly we are getting somewhere...............

Prost
Allen
Looking good Alan.

ATB.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee, it might be easier to stretch the Ford frame than try to use the Blitz one. Check the bed to see how it would line up on the Ford under frame.......I just measured the wheelbase and its exactly a scale 13' 6". Hope this helps. Rick H.
Rick thanks but I’m already to deep into the Blitz frame and I have plans for the Ford frame. I have some styrene that should match those frame rails on the Blitz. I appreciate the measurements on the WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.