Wingnut Wings 1/32 Halberstadt Cl.II (late)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work Allen. To get the wings and struts to fit well and create a fairly sturdy structure must be a good feeling.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're not making it look easy anymore Dude. Amazing recovery. Looking very good.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Good People,

Well the laptop finally said "Screw You, Dude 1", so I am attempting to do this from the iPad, old as it is. My son Niki is coming over tomorrow with a bag of remedies and tricks to hook me back up with it. Answering each of you individually would prolly take a month on this, so I just want to say, Admiral Bob, Dude 2, Rick, Mick, Dr. Merryweather, Paul, Jimbo, Steve and PaulE, thank you all so much for the great comments and support!!!!!! As to Ian, I can only say, 'please stay out of the greenhouse', and I couldn't paint the lozenge in 100 years Boss. As to Tony...It's not an urge, just gas from the Curry Buddy, this too will pass. Just open a window!!!

Alright then. Yesterday, between beating the laptop about the head and shoulders, trying to get it to work, I went at the stringy business with an attitude. It was do or die trying...I started with the pieces from the landing gear to their top mounts. Using 2 types of CA, toothpicks and a butt load of tweezers, I had at it. Progress,

IMG_3711.JPG
Only had one oopsie here! While trimming the excess string on one strut with my scissors, I snipped the damn string too. A drop of CA fixed that pronto though,

IMG_3712.JPG
Another pic,

IMG_3713.JPG
I got done and it was time to go to Stammtisch. A few cold ones and a Brotzeit in the Biergarten at Brauerei Wagner was my reward. Today was the day to finish the rest of this stringy noise for the wings. I plugged my Irulu into my speakers and let her rock my world while I worked. The results follow,

IMG_3718.JPG
Now that's a Halberstadt ladies!!! The landing gear is pretty wobbly, sorta like jello, but I can only hope she don't bust on me. A few more pics,

IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
And a belly shot too,

IMG_3719.JPG
Now, who's a bad M...F...???.............Sorry, lost my mind there for a moment....I would like to take this opportunity to thank a couple things I have, with one last pic for tonight,

IMG_3720.JPG
My Irulu with loads of classic rock on it and Weizen from Wagner. Oh, please don't mind the mess. It's how I have to work sometimes. That's all for today and maybe I can catch up with all the great stuff going here too, later. The iPad screen is a bit small and I must wear the Optivisor to see what the hell I'm doing!!! A big thanks once again to you all and more to come this weekend.

Oh, and Tony, just push, but not too hard and it will all be over Buddy!!!

Prost and thirsty
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'll DITTO that Andy............Herr Dewire is certifiably NUTS! :tongue-out3: On the other hand, there isn't anything too tough for our friend here to take on from this moment forward he is undefeatable in the wingy thingy stringy do it yerself box kite field!!:thumb2::thumb2::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You guys are too much!!!

Most excellent knitting. Patience and a steady hand has delivered the goods.
Thanks Jim and the knitting went better than expected! The Infini rigging is definitely nice to work with. You should give it a try on a wing thingy some time my friend...

I wish 'er indoors would give me a reward like yours Allen - all I get is something like " Nice one Luv - cuppa ...? :anguished:
Steve
Sorry to hear that Steve! Over here, the beer gardens are finally open and maybe you just need to take the plunge and hit one yourself for an evening. Yea, you might catch hell when you come home, but what the hey!!! It'll be worth it...

Yep. Brilliant work Allen but it's confirmed that I never want to attempt a biplane :smiling5:
Thanks Andy, but a man with your talents would ace it for sure!!! Look at what you have done so far...1/35, then tiny little thangs with sleepy included, and now back to 1/35 with the Comets. you'd have no probs, other than maybe, threading the eyelets with the rigging my friend. That was fun!!!...

I'll DITTO that Andy............Herr Dewire is certifiably NUTS! :tongue-out3: On the other hand, there isn't anything too tough for our friend here to take on from this moment forward he is undefeatable in the wingy thingy stringy do it yerself box kite field!!:thumb2::thumb2::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:;)
HUH, watchutalkinbout Rick!!! Oh, I forgot that last night was Steak and Bourbon night in your neck of the woods. Guess you got home kinda late and are still under the influence a tad, huh!!! You killin' me Bro!!!...

Prost
Allen

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You guys are too much!!!

Thanks Jim and the knitting went better than expected! The Infini rigging is definitely nice to work with. You should give it a try on a wing thingy some time my friend...

Sorry to hear that Steve! Over here, the beer gardens are finally open and maybe you just need to take the plunge and hit one yourself for an evening. Yea, you might catch hell when you come home, but what the hey!!! It'll be worth it...

Thanks Andy, but a man with your talents would ace it for sure!!! Look at what you have done so far...1/35, then tiny little thangs with sleepy included, and now back to 1/35 with the Comets. you'd have no probs, other than maybe, threading the eyelets with the rigging my friend. That was fun!!!...

HUH, watchutalkinbout Rick!!! Oh, I forgot that last night was Steak and Bourbon night in your neck of the woods. Guess you got home kinda late and are still under the influence a tad, huh!!! You killin' me Bro!!!...

Prost
Allen
I took the plunge once Allen - my next hospital appointment is due soon - but (as you say) it was worth it No guts, no glory!!:face-with-head-bandage:
Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You guys are too much!!!

Prost
Allen
Fat chance there Allen, I do my own cooking and drinking right here under me own roof!! And the limit is one per customer once a week. :thumb2:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Superb result, Mr D!
And I don't want to do one either, although I do have a half-finished 1-32 Sopwith Camel on the shelf of doom....
Congratulations!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Awesome Captain Jack.Got more patience than i dear boy.Ive seen youtube vids with rigging and turnbuckles being fabricated.A guy from another club used to make wingnut stuff and he built most of the range.I live near Felixstowe port where the Felixstowes used to be based at the stationt here.
Carry on dude.Yo ho ho and a bottle of Bitburg.
Rich.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It's all been said,so I'll just add...
.... Superb stuff Allen, absolutely cracking paintwork especially :smiling3:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Mr D I somehow missed this in its entirety until now..and so glad that I found it and after catching up…WOW what a tremendous build, paint job, rigging… someday I may have the courage to expand my horizons and build a wingy thing but I can say that you have made marvelous work of this beauty … I am kind of surprised that those “pink” tones didn’t throw you a little off balance…lol..she’s a beaut for sure!!!

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Came out sooooo excellent. Great piece of work Dude.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is looking totally and utterly splendid. It will look even better inserted into a 1:32 diorama of a WW1 aerodrome. Just saying !