Zvezda SU - 100 1/35 SCALE & BM truck

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'll keep an eye on this as you progress JR, but before Mr. T shows up, is that a large body seam on the back of the cab above the seat that my "Jaundiced" eye doth spy?:thinking:

Nah! sloppy Friday afternoon welding at Factory 16.....

Good progress 453

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Speedy Johnzales...ju beeeld very quiiickly. :smiling6: And you're doing fine with the bling. A choice between a city or countryside...it will be great to see rolling grassland of the Russian steppes.

Got my seat ready.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll keep an eye on this as you progress JR, but before Mr. T shows up, is that a large body seam on the back of the cab above the seat that my "Jaundiced" eye doth spy?:thinking:
Oh yea of little faith. Rick that is just a poor weld in the BM factory. :smiling3::smiling3::nerd:.

Nice project John :thumb2: .
I actually sold that same SU-100 kit this month because a lack of time...
Will follow your build instead :tongue-out3:.
Steven
Your most welcome Steven, could you swear as we go along please !;)

Just seen this one John, a very nice start indeed. Looking very good.

Thanks Ian, grab a seat before the rest of the Rabble arrive.

John,
you seem to have mastered that PE - I also leave the tiny parts alone, life isn't long enough to use every part on the etch sheet! :thumb2:
Dave
Thanks Dave, its taken me long enough to grasp it. Oh I agree about the small stuff, just not worth the bother. I saw a PE set the other day with individual bolt heads, smaller than .5 mm !

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nah! sloppy Friday afternoon welding at Factory 16.....

Good progress 453

570 Greetings from the wind swept stepps of Lincs.

Speedy Johnzales...ju beeeld very quiiickly. :smiling6: And you're doing fine with the bling. A choice between a city or countryside...it will be great to see rolling grassland of the Russian steppes.

Got my seat ready.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, good to have you along.
Still undecided on the dio setting , but it will be showing reloading. We'll have a vote later ! I've put you down for the rolling grassland .

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not much to show, started the Masterclub Tracks.

Not one fits with out much prep, in the end I'm using 4 mm brass wire, having to straighten most of the track plates out. Very soft material, so drilling each one after removing casting debris attempting to join up and running the drill through, promptly followed by the wire.
With the resin pins being so thin only a few go in, hence the wire.
John.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John
Very nice start to the SU 100 - nice textured hull and PE. The truck will make a good company for the tank destroyer.
Cheers
Paul

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Bling tastic Mr Race!! With your eyesight issues this must have been like climbing Mt Everest for you. Very proud of what you have done. Good luck with all those track links. Here are a few photos if you need them. SU 100

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Very nice start to the SU 100 - nice textured hull and PE. The truck will make a good company for the tank destroyer.
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul,off to check out some BM trucks now to work out the rear body .
Bling tastic Mr Race!! With your eyesight issues this must have been like climbing Mt Everest for you. Very proud of what you have done. Good luck with all those track links. Here are a few photos if you need them. SU 100
Hi mate, took a bit of time to adjust, but getting the hang of it now. Thanks for that walk round, see there was another light on that one, will check the sprue as I think it was on a double one so might be a apart light.
Those tracks will just have to take time, ordered some more .4 wire, so tomorrow will use up the wire then concentrate on the. BM rear bed .

John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not a bad day, had a CLEAN UP as well , and brought out the new cutting mat. (Reason for all this was knocking over a bottle of CA, of course stuck one corner of the mat to the bench.
Half a bottle of debonda later, followed by a clean and we have this .

2019_6a.jpg

It lasted about an hr until I filled it with spur and parts.

Been making the load bed for the truck.
2019_5_2a.jpg
Used 1mm plastic sheet for the deck, and .8 for the sides back and head board.
John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Dude 2,

You got a fever or something???? Trust me, Jimbo isn't going to send you a membership form for the TBC no matter what you do. It does look good though and sorry to hear you wasted so much CA...…...

Scratching a bed for the truck you say??? Have you been nipping the Sherry again Buddy??? I have to say, it looks mighty fine John, mighty fine!!! Keep going...…………….

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
[
Damn Dude 2,

You got a fever or something???? Trust me, Jimbo isn't going to send you a membership form for the TBC no matter what you do. It does look good though and sorry to hear you wasted so much CA...…...

Scratching a bed for the truck you say??? Have you been nipping the Sherry again Buddy??? I have to say, it looks mighty fine John, mighty fine!!! Keep going...…………….
Spring must be in the air, or it's this wind effecting me Dude1.
If I hadn't spilt the ca then I wouldn't have got the new mat out !
Yes scratching the base, seems fun at the moment.
Jim may give me a temporary membership if I'm lucky :smiling::smiling::smiling3:.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well his fingers isn’t glued together yet with that CA glue or he wouldn’t be able to type unless Christine is doing the typing for him lol anyway John you’re doing a fantastic job my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well his fingers isn’t glued together yet with that CA glue or he wouldn’t be able to type unless Christine is doing the typing for him lol anyway John you’re doing a fantastic job my friend.
Lee, thanks mate.
In fact your not far wrong, I used some paper to mop up quickly and the fumes nearly knocked me out . Yes I did stick my thumb and forefinger together as well , hot water soon cleared that .:smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Spent the day scratching building the load bed.

Using 1mm plastic card for the bed and .8 for the sides. Selection of plastic strip for the supports, a few pits of PE for hinges and catches .

2020.jpg2020_2.jpg2020_3.jpg2020_6.jpg2020_7.jpg2020_10.jpg2020_12.jpg
Quite pleased as been able to use up that kit after I'd used the rocket system for another build.

2020_8.jpg
Made two fuel tanks out of some spare bits.

Getting ready now for the wind, it's getting quite strong.
Comments welcome.

John .

Attachments

• 2020_9.jpg
    2020_9.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. All I can said is WOW! Love that scratch bed.

Reactions: JR