Zvezda SU - 100 1/35 SCALE & BM truck

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Good work indeed on the load bed. Looks very smart.
Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Dear Mr Race
Once again the membership committee of the TBC has been alerted to the state of you bench. A certain Mr A Dewire informed the committee that there had been significant progress and enclosed a photograph to substantiate his claim.
After much deliberation the committee voted 18 to1 against granting membership at this time although they did recognise the improvement made. If the current tidiness is maintained the committee will reconsider your membership of the TBC at the next full meeting in October. In the meantime we are sending you a copy of our newsletter entitled "The Tidy Bench and its place in history"
Yours
Marmaduke Ffyfe (membership sec.)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome to the dark side Mr Race! Stunning work on the scratchery. Will you be adding fuel lines underneath?
Thank you Mr Jones. I have to inform you that the full tanks are in modern terms c aonnected by WiFi. Suppose I could but as there is no engine either ! :upside::upside::upside:

John. All I can said is WOW! Love that scratch bed.
Thanks Lee, I enjoyed making it.
Looking very good JR!
Pete
Cheers mate.:thumb2::smiling2:
Lovely work John.
Thanks Andy, just need to clean it well before painting !

Hi John
Good work indeed on the load bed. Looks very smart.
Jim
Morning Jim. Thanks.

Dear Mr Race
Once again the membership committee of the TBC has been alerted to the state of you bench. A certain Mr A Dewire informed the committee that there had been significant progress and enclosed a photograph to substantiate his claim.
After much deliberation the committee voted 18 to1 against granting membership at this time although they did recognise the improvement made. If the current tidiness is maintained the committee will reconsider your membership of the TBC at the next full meeting in October. In the meantime we are sending you a copy of our newsletter entitled "The Tidy Bench and its place in history"
Yours
Marmaduke Ffyfe (membership sec.)
Sir, thank you for your letter re the TBC admission to the club .
I'm sorry that the committee felt that way, at least 18 to 1 is a worthwhile show of rejection.
I shall attempt again to apply in October and hopefully be successful.
Regards .
Ivor Raceisky.
Co. The Stalingrad building company.

D

Deleted member 6559

Wonderful work John, despite the distractions of the Rabble.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lovely work Mr R :cool:

I see the TBC have rejected your Membership application again..one day mate, one day :smiling5:

Good to see you didn’t glue yourself to the table :thumb2:
Hi Si. Don't think I'll ever be accepted.
Gluing my fingers to better was enough. I saw the bottle fall, the rest is a blur. Dont think I've moved as fast in my life ! :sad::nerd:.
Wonderful work John, despite the distractions of the Rabble.
Thanks Peter. The Rabble come with the territory, it's a cross I have to bare !:smiling2:

Truck bed looking good John
Thanks Simon, unfortunately I didn't have any round plastic strip for the rivets, and the bolt heads I had were far to large. Apart from the odd line they are in I'm pleased .

John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
See now John, if you had a properly untidy bench there wouldn't be room for bottles to fall over!
Pete
Quite so Pete, :smiling2: but it happened when the bench was full to bursting !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right here at Race Towers we have luckily not had any flooding, mainly due to being on high ground , hope every one is dry elsewhere on here.

Much happening with the SU -100 as follows. Ok some of the PE has had to be re glued but that's down to now trying to use a lot less.

Now I'm quite a lover of aftermarket metal tracks, usually use Friul, but this time I went for Masterclub, which I've used before with no problem. These were a different kettle of fish, many were bent, full of casting debris, most needed drilling ,and each one had to be checked to make sure they were level. Mike had the same problem as well with some he had for his Centurion build.
The resin pins have gone it into the rivet spares box , it was just a complete waste of time, so out came some .5 wire left over from a set of Friuil's. Apart form the debris I think the bent sections were down to poor packaging from the vendor. No its wasn't Historex Agents, as they didn't have any stock at the time !
So the tracks are done, just waiting for some paint.

2020_3_2b.jpg
Bit of a gap on both rear guards I thought i'd cut the plastic off to the correct size, so next time will remove less until the final fit.

2020_8_2d.jpg

2020_2.jpg

Now I had to remove that top gun shroud and fit some small pe hinges from the spares box, it had plastic hinges moulded on, so it must have movable.
This happened due to getting the driver in his opening, after a short struggle, he eventually went in and was glued to the gun mantle.

Then added some extra links for additional protection.

2020_3.jpg

2020_4.jpg

Figures are coming on .

2020_9.jpg

I've fitted some brass handles since these photos, just need to apply a coat of Mr Hobby metal primed and painting can commerce.

As for the BM truck . 2020.jpg

2020_2.jpg
Took the windscreen out and cleaned as per help received form my post on clear parts.:thumb2: going to try to get them beck in with out too much glue.

A few items to put in the cab.
2020_3.jpg
There's a rifle as well
On the back of the cab there is enough room to add a pickax and a shovel , just to add some interest. The folded tarp by the way was my first attempt at using VMS paper fold, thing any suitable paper could be used , but it certainly look ok. A lot easier than imagining me with a rolling pin and some 2 part putty ! :smiling2:

Thanks for looking in comments more than welcome, along with any abuse :upside:

John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Good progress. Figures look nice. Figures always add to a dio. Shame about tracks requiring so much extra work.
Jim

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Good progress. Figures look nice. Figures always add to a dio. Shame about tracks requiring so much extra work.
Jim
Thanks Jim.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Sorry mate not sure how this has passed me by. The work on the cargo bed is excellent mate you should be well chuffed with that. The rest of the build is on the ball as well.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks to be another winner Dzohn. Some great scratchery. PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wow! The tank is looking the DBs. It seems the driver is none to happy about the tracks either. Will PM you about those. The truck is coming along really well. Nice to see the odds and sods going in the cab. Top work all round mate.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Sorry mate not sure how this has passed me by. The work on the cargo bed is excellent mate you should be well chuffed with that. The rest of the build is on the ball as well.
Paul, oh its easy to miss stuff alright. Thanks for the comment.

Looks to be another winner Dzohn. Some great scratchery. PaulE

Hi Paul, thanks , I enjoyed that part.
Wow! The tank is looking the DBs. It seems the driver is none to happy about the tracks either. Will PM you about those. The truck is coming along really well. Nice to see the odds and sods going in the cab. Top work all round mate.
Hi mate, pm received and answered:upside: Yes Dmitry was none to pleased that those tracks , replacing every track bolt took him days.

Just in .2020_9_2c.jpg

2020_10_2e.jpg

2020_11.jpg

2020_12.jpg2020_12.jpg

Taken quite soon after painting , got the cab painted and then realised the windscreen wasn't in DUD. What am I like ?

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John this is taking shape very nice indeed keep up the good work.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7181

Quite the update John, it's looking great. Loving all of the extras.