1/35 coal burning truck

A

andygh

Did one of these myself recently, mine is towing a Tamiya PAK 35/36 . I thought it was a pretty decent kit straight out of the box

It'll be interesting to see what you think of it

P

Polux

Nice truck Alex.

I will be looking this interesting one.

Have fun

Polux

A

AJay

Thanks Andy and Polux!

I was considering a flak gun in the back but my (empty) wallet won't permit model purchases right now. Just means I'll have to use a bit of imagination, which isn't always a bad thing....... :smiling3:

S

sprayman

Love to see the working trucks, will be watching this, nice one.

C

CDW

When i saw this on a modelshops website i was vaguely interested so did some research, I saw a picture on t'interweb with this very truck in it .... it was loaded with huge logs and was dragging three/four behind it .... something to do with railway lines if memory serves ... i've had a look for the image but i'm buggered if i can find it again.

Maybe this could serve as a basis for your model dio.

J

James Q

Good progress so far Alex! Look forward to see what scheme you go for, I think the red cross scheme will look good!

A

AJay

Colin, James and Ray, thanks for your comments. Always good to have feedback :smiling3:

So.....the ideas so far are:a Red Cross vehicle or, a captured truck hastily applied with an allied white star. But anything could happen!

p.s. I tried out the tin foil on the seat tip. Was it Ray that introduced us to it? Anyway, I'll take some pics when I get it looking half-decent ;)

C

CDW

I like the Red Cross Vehicle idea ... plenty of scope for extra detailing and some scratch built stuff if you feel the need :smiling3:

A

AJay

40683-1-35-coal-burning-truck-wippy-4.jpg

Here's a few photos of where I'm at. I read about the tin foil thing on here, and having just finished a delicious bar of chocolate, decided to recycle the wrapper :smiling3: Looking at it now, what I should have done was to sand down the plastic where there driver would sit, and then it would have looked compressed, too. Live and learn :smiling3:

40684-1-35-coal-burning-truck-wippy-5.jpg

40685-1-35-coal-burning-truck-wippy1.jpg

40686-1-35-coal-burning-truck-wippy-2.jpg

40687-1-35-coal-burning-truck-wippy3.jpg

More soon..........

View attachment 44355

View attachment 44356

View attachment 44357

View attachment 44358

View attachment 44359

Wippy 4.jpg

Wippy 5.jpg

wippy1.jpg

Wippy 2.jpg

Wippy3.jpg

S

sprayman

Looking very nice Alex...a very clean build mate....I like the seats.....must admit I forget the "bum prints" in the seat...if you ever need to sand rubber tyres down then a quick tip, put them in the freezer over night...they sand down like plastic then.

A

AJay

Thanks for the comment and the tip, Ray. I'll give it a try when I get to the tyres :smiling3:

C

CDW

like that a lot.

I think the foil trick is going to get a lot of use.

makes me want to go pick the model up now and have a bash at the log pulling jobbie :smiling3:

P

Polux

Looking very nice Alex, and clean build!!

Will be a 'craker', sure!!

Have fun

P

pneupack

Excellent work so far mate lovely Jubbly, the seat trick looks class looking forward to this one.

Robert