1/72 HMS Iron Duke - Type 23 Frigate

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Garry did you get a NEW 2.4 gig R/C SET ? with failsafe built in an it would be nice to see a pic of it an how many channels ?
chrisb
I have ordered a new 2.4 gig R/C set, however coming from China it will probably be another month before it gets here, and it is 10 channel.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have ordered a new 2.4 gig R/C set, however coming from China it will probably be another month before it gets here, and it is 10 channel.
WELL Garry with 10 channells you will be able to have some workin funkions then great stuff an brilliant modeling hope the next pic instalment is not too long in comin
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Photo dated 30 June
Here is where I came to realise that the plans were not perfect, the frame drawing dims didn't match the deck dims, (and yes I checked it multiple times) which meant a lot of playing around to get it all to work.
FUN ;)

3F5A770D-023C-4928-B7E6-99C1306D1D99.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
VERY nice clean build Garry an i know she not but she looks longer than my norfolk but they are two peas from the same pod but you havin scratch built your hull is a work of art very nice indeed an you have now got all the fun to come fininshin the hull an then the S/S an the eletrics are you havin workin stabilizers Garry as they do make a differnce in keepin her straight up when takin a turn
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
VERY nice clean build Garry an i know she not but she looks longer than my norfolk but they are two peas from the same pod but you havin scrtch built your hull is a work of art very nice indeed an you have now got all the fun to come fininshin the hull an then the S/S an the eletrics are you havin workin stabilizers Garry as they do make a differnce in keepin her straight up when takin a turn
chrisb
Yes there will be working stabilisers Chris.
Watch this space !!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Again, great work Garry. Hope COVID wasn't too bad for you.

ATB.

Andrew

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
dont know how to work that covid thing as jen does ours but does that mean you went down with it ?
chrisb
Yes, the Covid got me, it actually wasn't that bad compared to what I have heard from other people, maybe I was just lucky.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
I bought the motors, drive shafts and rudders in May
Here, the motors and shafts are installed, after I had epoxy coated the inside of the hull. Photo 3 August.
DBF76399-E6DC-441C-9E77-3B0752A44015.jpeg

A97F90B7-4A8D-4245-9399-6E13E81C3528_1_201_a.jpeg

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Have seen her in the flesh when she moored in Red Bay to do some running repairs after getting caught in a storm in the Atlantic.
They sent a shore party to get the papers and I had a nice chat with the cox of one of the RIBs who had been left to keep guard of them. He wasn't too happy when I pointed out the lack of Iranians probably meant they were safe......