1/72 HMS Iron Duke - Type 23 Frigate

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Hi Chris, yes the radars will be working, hopefully.
Those pics were from early September.
More updates coming

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, yes the radars will be working, hopefully.
Those pics were from early September.
More updates coming
OH Great Garry an yes great to see more pics but them radars goin will set the model off brilliant work my good freind an very neat an tidy building
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
There is still a lot of sanding and filling to do now, but she's taking shape.
The deck is not fitted yet as I still need to figure out the electrics, but the hull has been filled, epoxy coated and undercoated.
That pretty much brings me up where I am at the moment, and due to a disagreement between my thumb and the Stanley knife, which has slowed me down somewhat, I am on light duty.
Obviously posts will be less frequent from here on in, as it's back to real time.
Cheers
Garry

2C503033-0698-4F01-A472-B29A2F925B7F.jpeg
9DF4B385-CF7B-419A-AD40-AC58E56E88FB.jpeg
50A14EF6-A916-46BF-933D-4F9011D30FD0.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW AGAIN Garry you nr built the whole ship it took me months to get this far mind you i was fittin in the eletrics as i went along what a build now the instreing bit comes soon the eletrics you will have fun on them an need any help just call
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice work Garry. Looks like you are having fun as well. Just goes to show that you never know what you can achieve until you try :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I am trying to find a resource that clearly indicates all the lights that the Type 23 Frigate has mounted externally, have you managed to find one?
NO Garry as ive never really looked on the web for this but when you think about it remember this is a model an not too be taken too seriously as if you want to fit all the lights an every fittin it would put you off building the model as its supposed to be a fun exersise this modeling lark if you can get it near as possible thats all that needed
but the list of lights i have fitted on my norfolk is below
1. nav lights port red an starb green 3mm leds x2 each side
2. running an steamin lights on the front of the fore mast x2 white led's 3mm an one 3 mm white led which is fitted in the rear main mast facein backwards
3. 1or 2 white leds in the bridge
4. if you want 4x 2mm red anti collishion lights fitted on the railing around the main search radar
5.all the white 3mm lights fitted in the flood lightin to shine up the flight deck
6. hangar bay lights
7 . flightdeck warning light for helo pilot if you want but i did
8. just off the stern amber or blue x 2 formation keepin 3mm leds if you look at the plans of the stern Garry these are shown on my plans should do on your plans also AN i think thats about it Garry so that should keep you goin for a while
Chrisb ps Garry an if you wish to fit the flood lightin it show some on the plans around the funnel to show up the ships badge on either side but i fitted flood lighting all over the ship to show in models shows an they are white 3mm leds fitted in aluminium tubes so the light shines where you want it to go on the ship

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice work Garry. Looks like you are having fun as well. Just goes to show that you never know what you can achieve until you try :thumb2:
VERY TRUE Tim an very well said an you are 100 % right as its the same with me over the yrs
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
NO Garry as ive never really looked on the web for this but when you think about it remember this is a model an not too be taken too seriously as if you want to fit all the lights an every fittin it would put you off building the model as its supposed to be a fun exersise this modeling lark if you can get it near as possible thats all that needed
but the list of lights i have fitted on my norfolk is below
1. nav lights port red an starb green 3mm leds x2 each side
2. running an steamin lights on the front of the fore mast x2 white led's 3mm an one 3 mm white led which is fitted in the rear main mast facein backwards
3. 1or 2 white leds in the bridge
4. if you want 4x 2mm red anti collishion lights fitted on the railing around the main search radar
5.all the white 3mm lights fitted in the flood lightin to shine up the flight deck
6. hangar bay lights
7 . flightdeck warning light for helo pilot if you want but i did
8. just off the stern amber or blue x 2 formation keepin 3mm leds if you look at the plans of the stern Garry these are shown on my plans should do on your plans also AN i think thats about it Garry so that should keep you goin for a while
Chrisb ps Garry an if you wish to fit the flood lightin it show some on the plans around the funnel to show up the ships badge on either side but i fitted flood lighting all over the ship to show in models shows an they are white 3mm leds fitted in aluminium tubes so the light shines where you want it to go on the ship
Yes Chris, I was wanting to see what there was, so that I could decide which ones I wanted to include.
Thanks for the list of what you fitted to Norfolk.