1/72 HMS Iron Duke - Type 23 Frigate

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
AN HI Garry im now in the indrusrtible spy busseiness an espenaerge lol so could we have some pics of what her workin are like inside her as i may learn a thing or two cheers
chrisb
Haha Chris, I seriously doubt that you will learn anything from me, I'm too much of a newbie.
I did post some pics of the innards previously, in thread 228 on page 12, was there anything specific you were looking for?
G

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Haha Chris, I seriously doubt that you will learn anything from me, I'm too much of a newbie.
I did post some pics of the innards previously, in thread 228 on page 12, was there anything specific you were looking for?
G
HI Garry can i see your esc an motors togeater as you are all BECC eanrt you ?
chrisb
You may have to sign the TSA or Tworrs Secret Act or he'll kill ya!!!!! Long range Harpoon!!! :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:
I couldn't possibly comment on that ;) nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean? :smiling2:
YES i'll sign by long distand pen lol as dont want to get bumped off by garryies spys lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
G
THANKS Garry yes had a look at page 12 an i see that you have a Becc ESC to work one motor each what amperage are your ESC 'S ? an yes yours is a very easy system to work but in my tiger ive got to work one ESC too work 2 motors an this is where the ESC 'S get hot an have you taken out a red power lead on one of your ESC 'S lead that goes to the R/X as if not they will destroy each other ? OR HAVE YOU GOT TWO ESC 'S in her them blue units one for each motor ?
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
POW'd be the first to be sold off!!!! You think you had propulsion problems!!!!
I mean - who builds not one but two advanced carriers and not have enough aircraft! Should have gone cats and traps!!!!
Just learning from a few of my naval sources POW is being stripped so QE can be supplied with the parts if needed!!!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
TBH Doug i dont like either of them carriers with seperate bridge an flyco as the yanks operate the nimitz class with just one island so more room for aircraft if they can afford them
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
TBH Doug i dont like either of them carriers with seperate bridge an flyco as the yanks operate the nimitz class with just one island so more room for aircraft if they can afford them
chrisb
I have to say the idea of keeping air operations away from the fish-headery a good idea. And regards aircraft. We have enough deck space for the very limited aircraft that could fit on her, there is only the F35 that is capable other than rotary. And the Invincible class was big enough for helicopter operations.
We should have used the billions to buy more general purpose frigates not two pink elephants.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's excellent Garry. You must be very pleased and relieved that all went well. A real tribute to all the hard work that you have put into building her.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have to say the idea of keeping air operations away from the fish-headery a good idea. And regards aircraft. We have enough deck space for the very limited aircraft that could fit on her, there is only the F35 that is capable other than rotary. And the Invincible class was big enough for helicopter operations.
We should have used the billions to buy more general purpose frigates not two pink elephants.
WELL Doug i thought they was grey lol
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
WELL Doug i thought they was grey lol
chrisb
Well I was going to say white but with todays progressive pro female RN I thought I'd settle for pink instead!!!!!. What's in a colour? (Glad I was in before females on board became more popular!!!) Not sexist, I just think in such confined spaces it makes for a volatile atmosphere).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well I was going to say white but with todays progressive pro female RN I thought I'd settle for pink instead!!!!!. What's in a colour? (Glad I was in before females on board became more popular!!!) Not sexist, I just think in such confined spaces it makes for a volatile atmosphere).
WELL Doug i dont really think young ladies should be in the firin line but just my opinon as me an me boaty mates went over HMS DAUNTLESS when she came to gr yarmouth an there were very prity young ladies in that ship an to think what will they be like when an exercept missle comes in an they are badly burned if they are not killed outright just dont seem right to me
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
WELL Doug i dont really think young ladies should be in the firin line but just my opinon as me an me boaty mates went over HMS DAUNTLESS when she came to gr yarmouth an there were very prity young ladies in that ship an to think what will they be like when an exercept missle comes in an they are badly burned if they are not killed outright just dont seem right to me
chrisb
Don't have a problem with them being fired upon. It's there involvement in the mess decks!!

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
My congratulations for your successful launch, Garry.
She looks like she's really enjoying the water. :thumb2:
Thank you Andrea, much appreciated.
Great job, thanks for sharing.
You are very welcome, and thank you for your kind comment.
Very impressive Garry and a definite inductee into the Simon T hall of fame.

View attachment 480030

Bravo
John
Thank you so much John, I am honoured.
She looks even better on the water Garry - well done!
Pete
Thanks Pete, very kind of you to say.
That's excellent Garry. You must be very pleased and relieved that all went well. A real tribute to all the hard work that you have put into building her.
Yes Jim, I certainly am, and thank you.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Garry will you answer my questions ? an very well done on her sail looks very impressive only hope tiger will sail as well as id has

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
THANKS Garry yes had a look at page 12 an i see that you have a Becc ESC to work one motor each what amperage are your ESC 'S ? an yes yours is a very easy system to work but in my tiger ive got to work one ESC too work 2 motors an this is where the ESC 'S get hot an have you taken out a red power lead on one of your ESC 'S lead that goes to the R/X as if not they will destroy each other ? OR HAVE YOU GOT TWO ESC 'S in her them blue units one for each motor ?
chrisb
Chris, here are current pics of the electrics as I installed them. The ESC's are 480 amp each. and yes I did disconnect one of the red wires.

IMG_1198.jpeg
IMG_1199.jpeg
IMG_1202.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpeg