Airfix 1/12 4.5 liter Bentley

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
L

Laurie

\ said:
Leave it as the engine looks cast. Once highlighted it will look okay. Nice work Ken, a big beasty for sure. Like the idea too of having the British theme with the car.Si:smiling3:
Agree with Si Ken the finish looks very realistic. Found a number of times when things have not gone as expected you discover some way of using the result. For instance airbrush splatter can at times (some) be realistic.

Laurie

N

noble

That looks very cool, that engine is very realistic looking nice job.

scott

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I have to say I am thinking I have bitten off more than I can chew, been adding the rivets and nuts to the mud guards, spent all night doing one mud guard (I thought this would be an easy detail ) how wrong I was and stupidly I ordered the wrong size acorn nuts for the engine, I ordered m2 thinking that was the outside measurement but it was the thread size so they are massive, no idea what I will use them on.

First Name
Marc
Wow loving that rivet work, looking very tidy. How did you do the detail on the leaf springs? id be very interested to learn how to do that.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Marc I used rigging yarn superglued the first bit near as I could to the root of the spring then spread a thin layer of pva glue over the rest of the spring and, keeping the yarn tight wound it round the spring till I got to the other end then a little dab of superglue just to keep it in place till the pva sets.

Hope that helps.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real looking nice Ken do like the added detail to the motor and also the springs,

great progress so far, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all got a fair bit done to the figures (post pics tomorrow ) sorry moni not up to your standards, any tips greatly appreciated.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is a superb job ....... I love the finish on that radiator grill / cover ...........

Peter

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is tonight's bit. I have cut off the steering column (not my idea got it from stevieo) and replaced it with part of my extending mirror.

View attachment 97701

View attachment 97702

View attachment 97703

and here is more progress on the restView attachment 97705

View attachment 97706

View attachment 97707

View attachment 97708

View attachment 97709

View attachment 97710

I understand these car bodys were covered with cloth and am thinking of covering it with paper and painting that, do you think that would give a clothe effect finish.

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi all well here is half of the first wheel spoked(yes I know its not pretty) but lessons learned and it can go on the side nearest the wall in the dio so wont be seen.
Generally it looks ok, but I think you would have had better results by using thinner spokes and in brass or piano wire.

Here's an idea; drill the hole in the rim, cut the wire for the spoke at an angle and 'drill' that into the hub. hold the wire in a pin-vice.

Those front seat's look very good.

Ian M

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Fantastic Job on those seats..........