Airfix 1/12 4.5 liter Bentley

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all another update, not long left on this build.

The trouble with all the sprues being in one bag together is that when they knock against each other bits fall off the sprue and you end up with a box full of loose bits. I have discovered that one of the mud guard stays is missing so have had to make one, being a reverse of the one I have it was quite confusing to do but I have managed.

View attachment 101887

View attachment 101888

View attachment 101889

View attachment 101890

also replaced the fake light grill with real one.

View attachment 101891

View attachment 101892

View attachment 101893

View attachment 101894

View attachment 101896

View attachment 101895

DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0254.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

DSC_0258.JPG

DSC_0259.JPG

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Don't put yourself down i would be proud to have that on my shelf.

Top job.

Peter t

D

Deleted member 3568

Trouble is its about 3 shades of green (I ran out of Humbrol no 3 so bought a new tin and sprayed the bonnet then when I offered it to the rest of the car it was a completely different colour so bought another tin and that was a different colour to the other new tin so mixed them both together and got another shade which I hoped would blend in, but nope so now it is 3 different shades) and there are other things which didn't look as good as I hoped, like the wheels and other stuff, all in all a bit of a failure. Certainly won't be offering it to my boss.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
We are at times our own worst critics as Peter said I'd also be very happy if this was on my shelf and on the strength of this build and a couple of others like it I've been searching for this kit for a bargin price and have come close a couple of times.You say that you have learnt a lot on this build which is great as you can take this forward onto the next one.I started modelling again about 2 years ago and I'm still an improver and I don't think I will ever reach the pinnacle of perfection like some of the people on this forum have but I'm having great fun in trying.So chin up no need to knock yourself and keep having fun on the pursuit of perfection trail I've got miles to go yet and in my eyes it's a great build as I've watched the build thread and seen all the hardwork and effort you put into it cheers John

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I have decided to put this in the spares drawer as I can see lots of uses for the parts in other dios. Thanks for following along with the build and taking the time to look

D

Deleted member 3568

Well its out of the spares drawer and put together again. My missus told my boss it was finished and she told her husband so he insisted on seeing it, I told him I was not at all happy with it but he insisted so I fixed it up and showed him, he loved it as did my boss he wants to buy it, I don't know what to charge so have left it to him, he asked how much the kit was and said he will have a think and decide how much. That's fine by me as whatever he pays will go towards another kit.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Well, I'd be proud to have that one on my shelf as well ........... Absolutely superb build. ......... and as for the shade difference ??? I'm no expert, but I'd have thought these cars were hand painted in the factory. So there'd be variations in colours anyhow ......... that along with the odd misshap while racing requiring some paint ....... So a uniform colour would be somewhat difficult to achieve.

Peter

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I am gobsmacked went in to work today and I was expecting Rolf to offer about 50 quid for the Bentley well he must really like it because he asked how much I spent on it and I told him, with the figures and extras about 130 quid and he gave me,,, I can see it in my hand but still don't believe it 260 quid yes that's right 260 then asked was that enough

J

John Rixon

I'd call that a proper result. The problems with that model seem to be legend, but as folks say, you've made a damn fine job of it! Nice one:smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is darn impressive!! :smiling3:

First Name
Marc
Ahhh well done. very nice build. Good result too with the sale of the model.