Andrew's Flickr Albums for your delectation - various themes and subjects

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Don't want to derail the thread but, yes Squad Leader rules were a little "heavy", but once mastered - and to play most scenarios you really needed a few of them - the fun was (and still is) guaranteed.
Advanced Squad Leader was even less friendly but it's still the best WW2 squad level war board game I know.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Avalon Hill... so many nice days spent on those exagons!
......and Panzer Blitz, and Panzer Leader. Remember fondly the allnighters playing those as well. Squad Leader rules were too cumbersome though.
Don't want to derail the thread but, yes Squad Leader rules were a little "heavy", but once mastered - and to play most scenarios you really needed a few of them - the fun was (and still is) guaranteed.
Advanced Squad Leader was even less friendly but it's still the best WW2 squad level war board game I know.

Indeed so many days spent on those hexagons!!

Andy - no problem at all with the derailment...but to put you on the 'right track' (see that pun!!!), have a look at this thread! ;) Paul did see this but not sure if you did!

ATB

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Andy,
Try combat commander by GMT. Excellent game, but far more user friendly than ASL. Fighting formations, also by GMT, is very good too.
For miniatures games Chain of Command by theTwo Fat Lardies takes some beating. There are run throughs on YouTube for all of these so you can see what they are like.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,
Try combat commander by GMT. Excellent game, but far more user friendly than ASL. Fighting formations, also by GMT, is very good too.
For miniatures games Chain of Command by theTwo Fat Lardies takes some beating. There are run throughs on YouTube for all of these so you can see what they are like.

Three more to add to the list. You recommended another Fat Lardies game last year.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Three more to add to the list. You recommended another Fat Lardies game last year.
CoC is a little more complicated, but it’s a great game. Not for those that want to know exactly what they can do every move though. Friction is very well defined in the game….

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, New Forest (20th August 2018)

Hi all

So it's been a while since I updated this thread. I'm actually going back in time a bit on this one.

We happened to be in holiday in the area at the time and even though I do not regard myself as 'petrol head', it would have been rude not to go.

In addition to the cars there was an excellent bird of pray display - you can actually pay for a full on falconry day if you want.

It was also used as a training base for SOE agents during the Second World War, although I strangely didn't get many photos o the small museum.

As usual, a few taster shots can be found below, with the full album here.

ATB

Andrew

--------------------------------------------------------------

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/139640818@N02/2z97422NoB]