Andrew's Flickr Albums for your delectation - various themes and subjects

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Army Flying Museum at Middle Wallop (September 2021)

As before, this is one I have shared previously for those that missed it first time around. As I explained, I'm just collating them all in one place for ease and so these are just some tasters

Junior I visited this on the Saturday ahead of our Tankfest visit on the Sunday. It was a colleague recommendation and it's right on the route we take, so it would have been rude not too!!

For those who've not been before, it's not a big museum - certainly not a Bovington or Duxford - but despite that there's a surprising amount to see. We only had a couple of hours but I reckon if you took your time and looked at everything closely it would take you about 3-4 hours to go around. There's also a small shop and café on site.

The original post is HERE and you can find the full album HERE.

All the best.

Andrew

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice shots Andrew. Used to have a good model show there as well, but don’t know if it’s still going. The airfield was Stuka’d in WW2 as well…

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice shots Andrew. Used to have a good model show there as well, but don’t know if it’s still going. The airfield was Stuka’d in WW2 as well…
Thanks Tim and sorry for the very late reply. It was a nice little museum and I wouldn't mind going back to look at the things we didn't see properly.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Nice pics and nice reminder I need to take in a couple of them in the near future. (Middle Wallop and the Shuttleworth collection) FAA museum at Yeovilton is well worth a visit - That one I have ticked off).

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
RAF Museum London aka Hendon (February 2018)

So the next album in the collection.

This is going back in time from previous albums but I have just realised that I had not created one for this visit. This was a half term family trip. Both kids had gone with school and but I hadn't been since I was about 10.

A couple of the halls/hangers weren't open, including the one with the Sunderland flying boat, so not so many pics this time. They were also taken on a slightly older camera and so they're not quite as good as I would have liked.

As I've not posted before, I'll share a few more pics than is the norm for this thread, albeit the limit for an individual post is 20.

You can find the full album here.

All the best.

Andrew

------------------------------------------------

This was a careers marketing ploy - a modern Typhoon made from the tools used to assemble it. Unfortunately, the case made it hard to get decent shots.

It may not have the looks, grace or glamour of a Mossie but there is something about it's brutish looking stance.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice pics and nice reminder I need to take in a couple of them in the near future. (Middle Wallop and the Shuttleworth collection) FAA museum at Yeovilton is well worth a visit - That one I have ticked off).

Thanks Doug.

I did the FAA Museum as a child but have not done it in well over 30 years. Don't forget Duxford either. If you make as far as Shuttleworth, Duxford is relatively close by.

On the Shuttleworth point, look back a bit earlier in the thread and you'll find a link to my album there!

ATB.

Andrew

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Thanks Doug.

I did the FAA Museum as a child but have not done it in well over 30 years. Don't forget Duxford either. If you make as far as Shuttleworth, Duxford is relatively close by.

On the Shuttleworth point, look back a bit earlier in the thread and you'll find a link to my album there!

ATB.

Andrew
I have been to Duxford!!! (30 feet around its perimeter fence in fog in a Wasp heading to Oakington AAC field!! Next time I hope I'll be in the car at ground level and stop for a while!!!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Doug.

ATB.

Andrew
Love it Andrew.....
... and I completely agree with your comments on the Beaufighter :smiling3:
.... Did the Airfix one a short while ago,and it's still my favourite Wingy model that I've done ;)

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Just out of interest Andrew, have you been to the museum in Southampton!! They had a loverly Sunderland Flying Boat last time I visited in the mid 90's. (I wasn't even aware they had one)

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I have been to Duxford!!! (30 feet around its perimeter fence in fog in a Wasp heading to Oakington AAC field!! Next time I hope I'll be in the car at ground level and stop for a while!!!!
Just out of interest Andrew, have you been to the museum in Southampton!! They had a loverly Sunderland Flying Boat last time I visited in the mid 90's. (I wasn't even aware they had one)

Ground level......sounds much better but just make sure it's not raining or a cold and windy day, given how exposed it is and how far apart the hangars are....as I know to my cost!

As for the museum in Southampton, did you mean SOLENT SKY MUSEUM? Never heard of it and just had to look it up. A shame as we were camping on the Solent only a few years ago.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Love it Andrew.....
... and I completely agree with your comments on the Beaufighter :smiling3:
.... Did the Airfix one a short while ago,and it's still my favourite Wingy model that I've done ;)

There is something about, so the "Whispering Death" label is almost certainly made up but you can see it nonetheless. And I do remember your build, I have the same one in the stash! One day I will get to it!

ATB.

Andrew

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Ground level......sounds much better but just make sure it's not raining or a cold and windy day, given how exposed it is and how far apart the hangars are....as I know to my cost!

As for the museum in Southampton, did you mean SOLENT SKY MUSEUM? Never heard of it and just had to look it up. A shame as we were camping on the Solent only a few years ago.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Andrew
Just looked it up!! Yes that's the place. (At least it was a flying boat)!!! Sandringham!!! Nearly a Sunderland!!! Only found by accident. Wet day camping in the New Forest with a bunch of Scouts -
Thanks for the advice re Duxford!!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great photos Andrew , just caught up with the latest .Thanks for taking the time to post .
Very enjoyable.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great photos Andrew , just caught up with the latest .Thanks for taking the time to post .
Very enjoyable.
You're welcome John! Hope all is well with you!

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You're welcome John! Hope all is well with you!

Andrew
Yes all good after bin gate ! Andrew .Fed up with this rain as can't get into the garden :angry::poop: bu**er

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tankfest 2021 (19th September 2021)

So next in my ongoing collation of my Flickr Albums.

This is one I have shared previously, so only a few pics plus the usual links to the previous post and full album.

So this was originally due to happen in the June but was cancelled due to a lockdown. However, things eased enough in the September for them to put it on at fairly short notice. This was actually the first one Junior and I attended without the rest of the family, in what is turning out to be an annual father and son event.

A limited range of pics below as usual. There are plenty of museum shots too but this is about the main event, in and around the arena.

Original post with more shots here and the full album here.

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Imperial War Museum Duxford (December 2021)

Hi all

So I'm on leave this week and so have a bit more time to keep this collation exercise ticking over.

So this was my first visit to Duxford on what must have been approaching 40 years, despite having lived not much more than hour away for just over 30 of those years. It was a dry but very windy day and so being December it got a bit cold wandering around outside.

So as a usual, a few taster pics below, with the original post here and the full album here.

ATB.

Andrew

---------------------------------------------------------------------

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Shuttleworth Model Show 2022 (13th February 2022)

So again more shots I have shared previously.

There is a general thread from the show, with lots of shots from a number of members (here).

Mine can be found here. The full album can be found here.

ACW as usual.

All the best.

Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------