boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
YEA Steve so ive been told by many people who would not attempt to get things like this working but i really enjoy it but would more if the bleedin kit fitted
thanks for your ER COMMENT or im not sure lol maybe essentric lol
chrisb
Chris, 'seriously eccentric' and 'nutty as a fruit cake' doesn't begin to describe you --- however, a 'seriously talented model maker' does! Keep going mate - onwards and upwards!
Steve

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Wonderful work. This kit would require a lot of extra work even if just built as a static model but you're taking it to whole new level.
Nearly there :thumb2:
Jim

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, 'seriously eccentric' and 'nutty as a fruit cake' doesn't begin to describe you --- however, a 'seriously talented model maker' does! Keep going mate - onwards and upwards!
Steve
OH Cheers Steve an there i thought i was bonkers as some of my boaty freinds keep sayin im one of those people that build some of the best models in the world but i say pah im just a normal average modeler but then they say well why do collecters of model boats keep buyin your boats then an i have no answer to that lol
chrisb

• Love
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Wonderful work. This kit would require a lot of extra work even if just built as static model but you're taking it to whole new level.
Nearly there :thumb2:
Jim
HI Jim yea this kit is rubbish but hope to make a silk purse out of a sows ear is that how the saying goes an i will be glad when i am there as this kit as nr given me heart attack at times as it was a bloomin battle to get it to fit an all the workin in as well just got to hope it all works i mean i could go up to the model room now an try it all out but i like to keep myself in supspence lol ATB
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
OH Cheers Steve an there i thought i was bonkers as some of my boaty freinds keep sayin im one of those people that build some of the best models in the world but i say pah im just a normal average modeler but then they say well why do collecters of model boats keep buyin your boats then an i have no answer to that lol
chrisb
Definitely bonkers ...

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nah Chris, not bonkers at all.....the whole ship is a working model so why shouldn't the choppers work also?........sort of expected, if you ask me:tongue-out3:.......you crazy, but in a good way! Keep on it mate.:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Name a person who can take a plastic kit beat it into shape , fill it with miles of wire , lights motors , resin , servos and apart from the kitchen sink just about anything else you can imagine.
Could that be you Chris ?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Unfortunately I don't have the supplier base that most of you fine modellers/makers have in your part of the world, which may present a challenge, but I will investigate further as to what might be available here.
Tell me about it. Model hobby is not the most popular in Denmark either. Most of my stuff is mail order from Germany or Poland! Have only two model shops "local". a four hour round trip to the one, two hours for the other. So cheaper to get it mailed!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nah Chris, not bonkers at all.....the whole ship is a working model so why shouldn't the choppers work also?........sort of expected, if you ask me:tongue-out3:.......you crazy, but in a good way! Keep on it mate.:thumb2:
:thinking: WELL thanks Rick for sayin im not bonkers after all lol:rolling::smiling5: but some do say im a bit OTT when i build my models as i like to get as much as possible working if i can an they see them up pond but im happy with goin OTT as some hardley bother with any workin at all an i :thinking:lookin at their models :thinking:just what could be got working on them then i think hang on its not mine lol:rolling::smiling: as yes i do get a bit carryied away with this modeling lark but hey im enjoyin my life to the full if possible an thats makin things work
ATB Rick cheers :thumb2::smiling::nerd:
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Name a person who can take a plastic kit beat it into shape , fill it with miles of wire , lights motors , resin , servos and apart from the kitchen sink just about anything else you can imagine.
Could that be you Chris ?
AN HI John yes you make a valid point there an i suppose yes it could be me lol:rolling::nerd: an thanks for your kind comments John
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Tell me about it. Model hobby is not the most popular in Denmark either. Most of my stuff is mail order from Germany or Poland! Have only two model shops "local". a four hour round trip to the one, two hours for the other. So cheaper to get it mailed!
Ian, I'm fortunate enough to have a reasonably well stocked model shop 35km away, whose prices are fair, so I am able to get quite a lot of stuff there, other than that I can get things in from Australia quite quickly.
The shipping from Europe and the US is just mad, so that is out of the question.

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The shipping from Europe and the US is just mad, so that is out of the question
I used to buy a lot from the UK but brexit spoilt that. I have the good fortune that the hob.hobby is popular in both Germany, Sweden and Poland so plenty of places to feed my habit.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
great work going on hear Chris aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so much progress doing so well
my wee one was helping me type ;)
:smiling:
HI Moni nice to see you on my tiger thread an cheers for your nice comments an the wee one
ATB TO YOU MAM
chris an jen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris my man just had a good catch up. great work on the chopper mate you have certainly beaten it into shape.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris my man just had a good catch up. great work on the chopper mate you have certainly beaten it into shape.
AN HI Scottie yes this was the worst kit ive ever built even worst than that K/H JAG an that took some beating but this kit did wow if only i had remembered that airfix seaking kit it would have saved me all this bother as i could just have banged this one togeather an stuck it in the hanger where it wont hardly be seen but well we live an learn dont we Scottie usually the hard way

but today im gonna mask her up an then spray her in that nice royal blue as i wanted to do this a few days ago but every day freinds or something has come up an ive not been able to do it
CHEERS for havin a look see in on the build
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris,

Just had a catch-up. That has to be the worst fitting kit I've seen in quite some time.

Well done for beating it into shape.

Also love the innovative use of the Airfix masking fluid - have you told Airfix of it's alternative use?

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,

Just had a catch-up. That has to be the worst fitting kit I've seen in quite some time.

Well done for beating it into shape.

Also love the innovative use of the Airfix masking fluid - have you told Airfix of it's alternative use?

ATB.

Andrew
HI Andrew yes terrible kit but yes its looking something like it should do now but ive treid them euckudard masks an they dont fit treid several in different places on the canopy an no joy so ive just painted right over the canopy an window with humbrol masking an then sprayed her with a royal navy blue but im dreadeding takin off the masking as i think the spray paint will be all over the show as i got the shakes so this may turn out a heap of :poop: :cold-sweat::cold-sweat: yet will know later this eve when i remove it all but well to me this kit has been doomed from the start an i will have to try an hand pint the canopy framein if i can oh what :poop::rolling::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

an
so love the innovative use of the Airfix masking fluid - have you told Airfix of it's alternative use?
(Andrew Quote )
well Andrew im no sure what you mean here as i havnt used any maskin fluid?
chrisb