Build ideas for the 2014 Group Builds.

First Name
Adrian
What about 1st, as in the first kit you built, the first plane to break mach1,2 etc, the first ship/plane to open fire in WWI or WWII, the first car you own,, a very open and wide ranging subject matter :smiling3:

Adrian

First Name
Dave
\ said:
What about 1st, as in the first kit you built, the first plane to break mach1,2 etc, the first ship/plane to open fire in WWI or WWII, the first car you own,, a very open and wide ranging subject matter :smiling3: Adrian
Sounds good.Not sure if you can still get the first model I built.It was the old Revell 1/72 Zero

C

CDW

Like the idea of ''firsts'' ... Its one where everyone could join in as its so widespread.

\ said:
the first car you own :smiling3:
Does anyone do a Vauxhall Ventora ? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've read through this and what a diverse selection of ideas it is, good for that though!

I have a bias for aircraft and in that category I like the float plane maybe extended to include flying boats idea of, I think, Polux. It could be taken further with someone else's FAA suggestion.

I also liked Colin's building/structure/servicing idea which would be able to include a variety of genres and might be more appealing to more of us.

Cheers

Steve

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have just thougth of another one desert warfare just not from the 1st and 2nd world wars.

peter t

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I have just thougth of another one desert warfare just not from the 1st and 2nd world wars.peter t
That's a good one peter.As it could include armour,Aircraft or figures

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Well, next year is 100 years since the start of the Great war. But that's a bit vague. Air, land or sea ?Another suggestion from me is 'The Harrier' Sadly no longer in the UK skies, many different versions to build and many different model manufactures to chooses from.
WWI is already on the list. Pay attention at the back..

Good idea with the harriet. Would make a good SIG...Hmm

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
What about recon stuff planes armoured vehicles and boats that patrol looking for contraband. Going further out you could have satelites
A bit to diverse perhaps...You wrote recon, but do you mean surveillance aka spying....

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Just a few more Ian , - Civil airliners , Racing aircraft , Pre WW1 figure (singular figure , anything nefore 1914 , napoleonic ,Boer , Medieval , samurai etc.) ,Space (real or fiction) , Civilian Car (not racing or rally , customs allowed , in fact encouraged!!) I also want to second a couple of excellent suggestions , Colins 'Harrier' and Poluxs' 'Flying boat/seaplane' . cheers tony
Civil airliners has come up before and got ONE vote if I remember....

Racing aircraft.. Real ones that have existed or made up ones?

Historical figure/Bust is on the list.

Civilian car.... We could try that again, Didn't we have a car build not long ago`?

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Sorry Ian...What is this?

It's a plane?
That was a joke I hope!!! :/

The greatest British aircraft ever built!!!! Well almost.

A SIG if ever there was one.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The first....I cant even remember the first one I built!!!

I cant see a group build in that but a good theme... How about a common denominator....the mark one. anything that was a Mk I....?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I have just thougth of another one desert warfare just not from the 1st and 2nd world wars.peter t
Would gulf war II the sequel do for that. A Modern and a desert all in one! Afghanistan...

Ian M