Building the IMARA TUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve244

Very well done Andy a fantastic job and agree in my humble oppinion a museum quality build i take my hat off to you mate

cheers steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Simply stunning andy mate, I'm totally gobsmacked at the whole thing so far , its nothing less than a work of art , I could look at the bridge section for hours! And the attention to detail and superb scratchbuilding on the rowing boat is amazing . I'm in awe and take off my proverbial hat to you mate , cheers tony

S

Sky Raider

Thank you guys I must admit i'm so gobsmacked at the comments you guys are posting on this build. I cant thank you enough. I would like to exhibit this one day if I can find a scale class that I can enter it in. If your comments are anything to go by it must stand a chance.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 60

This one is for Joe as promised. I must admit that I did cheat as far as the lofting process goes, there are too many mathematical equations it that part for me lol. I used the same method as last time by using the formers I had cut out for the first boat. I have made a sight change with this boat as I didn't want it to look symmetrical to the life boat.. this boat will be used for transport or maintenance as I have made it look a lot more streamlined for speed and ease of use. The life boat is capable of carrying the whole crew of this boat and so this other is a service sort of thing. I'm sure it would look better than having two the same.

View attachment 64834View attachment 64835View attachment 64836View attachment 64837View attachment 64838View attachment 64839View attachment 64840View attachment 64841View attachment 64842View attachment 64843

Cheers

Andy

To achieve this sleek look I broke it away from the jig early so I could tighten the contour slightly. See what you guys think.

View attachment 66024

View attachment 66025

View attachment 66026

View attachment 66027

View attachment 66028

View attachment 66029

View attachment 66030

View attachment 66031

View attachment 66032

View attachment 66033

Day 60 1.jpg

Day 60 2.jpg

Day 60 3.jpg

Day 60 4.jpg

Day 60 5 (1).jpg

Day 60 5 (2).jpg

Day 60 5 (3).jpg

Day 60 5 (4).jpg

Day 60 5 (5).jpg

Day 60 5 (6).jpg

P

Polux

Looks a terrific work Andy, very good so far.

What patience you have......

Cheers

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb work Andy, and than you for sharing the method for the maintenance boat.

C

CDW

Yep, thanks for the extra info on the template, appreciate that mate.

Looks great!!!

M

mobear

this must be the best weathering build of all time andy,looking so real,i drool every time i see new pics,it is an awe inspiring sight

mobear

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
this must be the best weathering build of all time andy,looking so real,i drool every time i see new pics,it is an awe inspiring sightmobear
Thanks Mobear, though I think you are too kind...

Andy

M

mobear

ME to kind,i can only look on and see the workmanship you have done,if anything i could be more kind lol

mobear

S

steve244

totally agree mobear an inspiration to us all and i think takes this hobby to a new level

cheers steve

S

Sky Raider

Well I take both of your comments on board and sit here working out my new hat size lol. If you guys are impressed I cant wait to get it finished and down the boat club and see the guys faces there. Better take my wellies because it is a cert the drool will be deep.

Cheers guys.

M

mobear

there was me thinking it was an eclipse of some sort lol

mobear

C

Caledonia

That's a class act Ron, got some grit in my eye from all that smoke. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just had a catch-up one this Andy. I'm lost for words. It really looks great. Understatement of the year but you know I mean it!!

This is going to look great when its all together and sitting in the water.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys. Have made no progress these last few days, I've been adding loads of bling to the Hummer, Spent around 2k now and need just a couple more bits. Will be back at the Tug shortly,

Thanks again

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.