Building the IMARA TUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andy, I go missing for a while and look what you've done.....again!

I'm normally reasonably up to scratch with words, but I'm struggling to come up with anything near good enough to express my admiration for the workmanship you are showing on this build, so I'll wind my neck in and just say it's all bl***y Marvellous!

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ron, I did wonder where you got to. I got fantastic comments from all of you guys for my plane building but the comments I now get for my boats are even more overwhelming... you guys are a great inspiration for me. Thanks all.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 63 - 66

With the Hummer almost blinged to the hilt I only have the stainless performance exhaust system to fit and that will be here tomorrow, a little project for Saturday. I returned back to the Tug and made some more progress. I have now started on the deck and all its fittings.

View attachment 65527View attachment 65528View attachment 65529View attachment 65530View attachment 65531View attachment 65532View attachment 65533View attachment 65534

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 66651

View attachment 66652

View attachment 66653

View attachment 66654

View attachment 66655

View attachment 66656

View attachment 66657

View attachment 66658

Day 63 - 66 (1).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (2).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (3).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (4).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (5).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (6).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (7).jpg

Day 63 - 66 (8).jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Tugs looking good, how about a photo of the bling bus?

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ian. No problem I will take some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

and the boats looks well good innit,(learning essex speak for some mental reason,must be the sun)lol

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Here you go Ian, the thing I have been working on for a few days. I have added all the chrome bits now and this one is complete. The stainless exhaust took me 4 hours to fit last night. Didn't go as easy as all the other bits.

Hope you like them folks.

View attachment 65673View attachment 65674View attachment 65675View attachment 65676View attachment 65677View attachment 65678View attachment 65679View attachment 65680

Back to the workshop here on in.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 66796

View attachment 66797

View attachment 66798

View attachment 66799

View attachment 66800

View attachment 66801

View attachment 66802

View attachment 66803

Andys Hummer (1).jpg

Andys Hummer (2).jpg

Andys Hummer (3).jpg

Andys Hummer (4).jpg

Andys Hummer (5).jpg

Andys Hummer (6).jpg

Andys Hummer (7).jpg

Andys Hummer (8).jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
To quote Ole: Thats a yummy Hummy, init!

Nice one Andy. That's quite an eye catcher. Love the plate on it as well....

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work on the Imara Tug Andy. Also love the Hummer, looking very cool.

M

mobear

wow andy looks like a cool tricked out hummer lol,`NOW STOP PLAYING AND GET BUILDING`lol

mobear

C

CDW

If I saw that coming down the road I'd think I was in the middle of one of those cheesy CSI series, if you got out and had ginger hair and was wearing shades, a suit and muttering every cliché under the sun then I'd probably spontaneously combust :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
If I saw that coming down the road I'd think I was in the middle of one of those cheesy CSI series, if you got out and had ginger hair and was wearing shades, a suit and muttering every cliché under the sun then I'd probably spontaneously combust :smiling3: :smiling3:
Well - what can I say lol. thanks also Mobear.

Andy

C

CDW

\ said:
Well - what can I say lolAndy
He he ...... Glad you appreciate my humour Andy :smiling3:

Seriously though the hummers absolutely awesome mate, nice job with the aftermarket stuff.

M

mobear

Andy rolling up the road with loud hip hop blaring out the super bass,get in his way he pop a cap in u ass lol

mobear

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Andy rolling up the road with loud hip hop blaring out the super bass,get in his way he pop a cap in u ass lolmobear
Yeh man init!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is one nice set of wheels Andy......

But the work you are doing on this tug really is stunning. The detail is just superb.

I enjoyed seeing the SE5 coming together, but your two boats just reinforce your great modelling skills.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ron. I'm glad you are impressed, it means a lot to me coming from someone who produces such stunning work.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Well here is a little tail to tell.

Not sure if your other half is like mine or not but I presume in most cases it will be a yes. When ever I have a new toy she always insists for some reason that she has been left out and wants something for her to. Well I had my Hummer and this case was not different to any other.

I was really looking forward to working on the tug after finishing the Hummer project but I should have known better. She deicide that the space at the bottom of the garden need a Summer House!!!. I explained that we could not buy one that would fit in there utilising all the space but she wasn't having it, no way. I got my Hummer she wanted a Summer House. After convincing her that there was not one on the market we could use she came back with the comment " you are good at scratch building - build me one" Well what could I say. The Imara was back on the back burner and I needed to build this quickly. It took me a week to do and next week I will be back in the workshop thank god.

Here is the space I had to fill and tomorrow I will show you the result as it will be complete but the laminate flooring.

View attachment 66234

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 67319

270713 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.