Building the IMARA TUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Polux

It's imposible to bore looking this amazing work Andy!

Everyday looks better and better!

Cheers. Polux

First Name
Chris
..................................................................Speechless!!!! AWESOME.

Regards

Chris

S

Sky Raider

Day 54

Thanks guys for your valuable comments. Today I decided that its time to tackle the life boats, im not happy with the plastic ones provided so I decided to have a go at what they call lofting. This is my very first attempt and im quite happy with the result. This one is far from finished as the inside has to have ribs etc. but take a look at where we are so far. Im sure that this isn't the way it should be done but eh it came out ok in the end.

View attachment 64532View attachment 64533View attachment 64534View attachment 64535View attachment 64536View attachment 64531View attachment 64537View attachment 64538View attachment 64539View attachment 64540

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 65729

View attachment 65730

View attachment 65731

View attachment 65732

View attachment 65733

View attachment 65734

View attachment 65735

View attachment 65736

View attachment 65737

View attachment 65738

Day 54 (6.jpg

Day 54 1.jpg

Day 54 2.jpg

Day 54 3.jpg

Day 54 4.jpg

Day 54 5.jpg

Day 54 7.jpg

Day 54 8.jpg

Day 54 9.jpg

Day 54 10.jpg

C

CDW

Day 54 Andy, how did you get from flat bits of plastic (PIC 8) to the first assembly of the boat (pic9).

I presume they were used as a template?

As per usual I'm just going to say this is "outstanding work" coz I've run out of innovative things to say:smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Day 54 Andy, how did you get from flat bits of plastic (PIC 8) to the first assembly of the boat (pic9). I presume they were used as a template?

As per usual I'm just going to say this is "outstanding work" coz I've run out of innovative things to say:smiling3:
Thanks Colin. You were correct in your assumption. I still have to build another yet and ill show you how I did it sort of lol/ I wanted to complete this one first to see how it turns out when finished, if its ok I will repeat the whole process.

Cheers

Andy

S

steve244

hi Andy just got home last night and just having a catchup and must say you have done an awsome job their mate she looks great as does the lifeboat pleased you got a work around for the problem

cheers steve

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
hi Andy just got home last night and just having a catchup and must say you have done an awsome job their mate she looks great as does the lifeboat pleased you got a work around for the problemcheers steve
Thanks Steve. It looked the quickest and easiest way of doing things and im always up for that.

Andy

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Andy. I would be very interested in the life boat construction methods, and this 'lofting' method.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Awesome work Andy. I would be very interested in the life boat construction methods, and this 'lofting' method.
Thanks Joe. The next one will be coming up very soon. Almost finished the first one now.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 57

I decided that the hoarse supplied looked a little naff so it was time to make some more. This was quite simple enough to do and looks very effective. All done with toothpicks and lollipop sticks. Them with the use of a drill and a little file I made the handles on the ends of the toothpicks.

View attachment 64719View attachment 64720View attachment 64721View attachment 64722View attachment 64723View attachment 64724View attachment 64725

Next I did a little wash on the outside.

View attachment 64726View attachment 64727View attachment 64728View attachment 64729

Now I roped in the hoarse. more to come still.

View attachment 64730View attachment 64731View attachment 64732

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 65909

View attachment 65910

View attachment 65911

View attachment 65912

View attachment 65913

View attachment 65914

View attachment 65915

View attachment 65916

View attachment 65917

View attachment 65918

View attachment 65919

View attachment 65920

View attachment 65921

View attachment 65922

Hoars 1.jpg

hoars 2.jpg

hoars 3.jpg

hoars 4.jpg

hoars 5.jpg

hoars 6.jpg

hoars 7.jpg

hoars 8.jpg

wash 9.jpg

wash 10.jpg

wash 11.jpg

hoars fitted 12.jpg

hoars fitted 13.jpg

hoars fitted 14.jpg

T

tecdes

That is magic Andy. Real model making at the fine end.

Not 200 yds from our flat is the Jersey Heritage boat museum. They have a heritage workshop & recently completed a boat similar to yours & they made a fabulous job of it. Looking at yours I would put it on the same level.

The detail in there is to be believed. Those oars & attention to detail are very fascinating.

Laurie

PS how many lollies will you have to endure ?

M

mobear

the people of lilliput thankyou for the new oars lol,stunning work andy,made them look like the real thing

mobear

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
That is magic Andy. Real model making at the fine end.Not 200 yds from our flat is the Jersey Heritage boat museum. They have a heritage workshop & recently completed a boat similar to yours & they made a fabulous job of it. Looking at yours I would put it on the same level.

The detail in there is to be believed. Those oars & attention to detail are very fascinating.

Laurie

PS how many lollies will you have to endure ?
Thanks Laurie, None stop Lolly eating when the sun comes out, love it lol. If your passing again if like to see some pics of the model you have spoke about if possible please, might pick up some ideas.

Cheers

Andy

T

tecdes

Looking at your boat I thought must go across & have another delve into history in the Boat Museum.

See what I can do. Last time there were 2 carpenters working away in the workshop. Nice to see old skills. They will stop & chat & tell you what they are trying to achieve.

Laurie

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Laurie, I look forward to seeing your post.

Much appreciated.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.