DeAgostini's Nitro Racer

G

greg

Hi all,

I'm also collecting the nitro racer and was wandering were there any general tips that could improve performance becuase ive read several reviews on the engine and some have said there is a low top speed and the suspension cant handle bumps even though it comes with the adjustable suspension, where as on the otherhand people have said yes its a good engine so what do tou people think. Also ive seen on an early post that there are suspension upgrades coming as there is goin to 75 issues now so what are they? Sorry about all the questions im new to racing and only 13 so all the help counts lol. thanks Greg

D

derry_d

yeah I had a subscription, the last delivery i got was the end of april 2005. cancelled the subscription last week after waiting over 6 months for the remainder of the collection. was told they were out of stock of issue 60 and they wouldn't have them for another 4 weeks everytime i contacted them. I call them last week to cancel the order and was told they just got a new delivery. any way told them to stuff their collection. is there any way to get compo from them ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Sadly this is all too common with part-works,the 'Watchdog' TV programme told the story of the dolls house issues that were just abandoned with issues never even published,in this individual case they refunded the money for the entire series,however do not hold your breath as I would imagine that each case is dealt with individually,after going through the trauma of the 'Red Baron' for two years I am not going to bother again,poor quality of parts,badly fitting components has put me off for good,better to save your money and go for a quality kit,at least this way if any bits are missing or of inferior quality they can be replaced,not the case with PW's once the series is finished then thats it,no more back up or spares.

Why not write to the supplier and ask them for a total refund ?,if they ask why then just quote the relevant sale of goods act,ie items should be fit for the purpose for starters.

To be quite honest the whole PW's indusrty needs a shake up and a wake up,they seem to think that they are exempt.

yeah I had a subscription' date=' the last delivery i got was the end of april 2005. cancelled the subscription last week after waiting over 6 months for the remainder of the collection. was told they were out of stock of issue 60 and they wouldn't have them for another 4 weeks everytime i contacted them. I call them last week to cancel the order and was told they just got a new delivery. any way told them to stuff their collection. is there any way to get compo from them ?[/quote']

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
With the monster truck part works it has been great each issues in the newsagents when we go down to get them friday or saturday,parts are great no problems with them and just got the crank case today and the crank shaft next week.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've emailed Deagostini to see if we can get some answers, will keep you posted

S

Seaspray

Never had much luck when I emailed Deagostini but it all worked out in the end. Which makes me a little apprehensive in doing another weekly build throu a magazine..

E

eepetman666

hi, im new to this furom and to nitro cars and was woundering wether anyone had problems running the car for the first time? i can get it to start but it seems to be flooding with fuel as its fireing fuel out of the exhaust. is there a tick-over adjuster and a way to stop alot of fuel going into the engine?

any help welcome.:thinking:

G

greg

eepetman,

if theengin is flooded this is whatihave read. in 1 ov the mags it tells u at to do if the engine is flooded i think the issue is in the 40's u have to do something involving takin the engne apart. thts all the help i can give.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
If the engine is flood that means to much fuel in going into the engine because the HSN is open to much which will cause the engine to lock and it will not start as there is to much fuel for the engine to burn hench it will not start,if you look on this site you will find all the info you need on setting up and running your engine to starting it.

http://phoenix.1.forumer.com/index.php?showforum=6

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Seaspray

Do not turn a flooded engine over it may lead to a bent conrod.If it is a Glow engine remove plug then manaully rotate till all the fuel in the bore has been blown out the glow hole. If its a desiel slacken of the compression screw on top of the cylinder head. Carefully try and rotate but don't force it. Further to the desiel you may remove the silencer and turn the enginge so the piston is lowered to the level of the exhaust port and gently blow the fuel out. The above should be done with the needle jet in the closed position.When satisfied the the hydraulic has been removed restart your engine by setting the needle jet a little turn at a time till the engine fires up. If the engine starts up revs fast then stops quickly it is lean ,needs a little (a little ) more open on the needle valve. If the engine is hard to turn over or wants to not turn over the fuel is too rich you then have rejuce the flow of fuel to the engine. Be careful as the latter is getting near to a hydraulic lock up. You do need to try and start the engine a little rich to keep the revs down till it has run in for little time. I run my engine in at 2X5 minutes and then 3x 10 minute sessions.When the engine is run in fully you will be able to get peak revs. When you do turn your needle jet to increase a little more fuel to run the engine a little rich making lubrcation better. just a matter of gaining experience and it will come. Hope this helps

Martin

N

neo2387

Hello,

Im new to all of this so would like some advice on adjusting the Kyosho gx15 engine. I know it has a single needle adjustment but am not sure how far i should unscrew it i have it on 3 turns out at the moment. When i accelerate it seems to splutter and then go, but sometimes stalls as well. is it a case of not enough fuel or too much? thanks in advance for your help.

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Neo and Welcome to the Forums

3 Turns is bit too rich for that engine, try 2 & a 1/4 turns and you should be fine....Only increase the turns slightly when running from cold but once warmed up, back off the setting to the one I have suggested.

I use that setting all the time now on my nephews cars and they run fine on that.

Good Luck

Mark.

S

squiffythewombat

best method i use is 1/4 turn increases at a time starting from 1 3/4. normally my cars settle around 2.5. Best tip is once u have found the right point then grab a tippex marker and run a line across the seam of the two parts and that way you can always match it up again! :smiling:

S

Seaspray

Mind and shake your fuel container before you fill the tank on the car

Martin

N

neo2387

Hi Thanks for the Advice, it seems to be running ok on 1 ½ turns out, but that seems too lean really, what do you think? Also I get the car to idle and brake right indoors but when I go outside and hold the brake it cuts out, is this because of the difference in air tempeture?

Also im getting fed up with the pull starter, how hard / expensive is it to change this?

S

Seaspray

might need to remove pull start from engine and use a hand held starter .I think this was used on the wheel connected throu to the engine a bit of an old way to start the engine.I would keep the pull start once the enginge has settle down and you know the fuel mixture setting and your engine (there different trust me)it will conme into its own.You have run the engine in ?

Last edited:
S

squiffythewombat

replacing the pull start really isnt that hard, its basically just a coiled spring with some string attached in a plastic housing.

Yes indoor/outdoors will make a difference, espieaclly at this time of year. You should also notice that its slightly easier to start when the engine is warm!

Z

ZS123

hi iam wondring if some1 can send me a link to find thunder tiger ts4n parts what are cheap.

M

MARKIEUK

HELLO

this is me markieuk i am new and also i agree with u as i get all my parts from ebay and i got the gx12 engine for 26 pounds not bad price (brand new) so i am still getting parts from ebay.

cheers

markieuk