DeAgostini's Nitro Racer

N

NitroHannes

after 70?

Hi I’m from South Africa and I’m building the Hachette nitro monster truck.

Can any one tell me what issues come after 70 and are it necessary to buy them or can I stop at no 70?

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
You don't need to get the extra issues 71 to 87 to build the truck there just to convert it to the V2 model of the truck so you can stop at issue 70 and build the truck as V1,and with the extra issues you get extra ballraces for front and rear hubs/two speed gearbox/alloy front hubs and blue anodized metal parts to replace the plastic centre braces and some other things.

N

NitroHannes

I found another problem with my motor. The idling is fine but a soon as it revs up to a 1/4 of its power it cuts out. What can the problem be? I’ve checked the clutch and for any leaks but couldn’t find any thing wrong?

B

Bunkerbarge

Not knowing this particular engine but looking at this from a general engineering point of view it sounds like fuel starvation. If it works fins at tickover it is obviously getting some fuel through but not enough for higher revs.

Check out fuel filters, kinks in fuel pipes, tank breather, etc...etc...

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mole and Welcome to the Forums,

The GS15 should go straight into the Nitro Racer No problem as the crankcase is essentially the same size as the GX12 engines. (I have both engines)

The main concern on the one you are looking at, is to make sure that the exhaust would clear the touch starter...as it has been designed by Kyosho it probably will but I would still check it out. It should fit onto the chassis ok (I have a spare chassis here so I have checked that bit out) If you can find a store near you with one of these engines in why not take your car there and check it out just to make sure.

If it was me I would go for it as I can always do modifications if they were needed.

Pull starts for the GX12 engine are cheap enough to replace new too !!

Regards.......Mark

M

Mole

The engine I was looking at was more than I was willing to spend so. What is involved in fitting a pull start on GX12 engine? And does it have to be a pull start. Can it be roto start or any other kind? I have looked on the internet and can’t find a back plate for the GX12 engine.

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mole,

Fitting a new pullstart is quite an easy task as there are only 4 screws that hold it onto the back of the engine, undo those and the whole thing will lift away from the engine. There is a Hex shaft inside there as well which you need to keep as it is that part that engages the pullstart to the crankshaft in the engine.

There is a separate backplate on this engine, the one you will see when you undo the pullstart. Whilst you have the pullstart off, have a look at that backplate and there will be another 4 small screws there that secure it to the crankcase, make sure these are tightened up fully, use some thread lock if you need to, as these do undo from time to time through normal vibration when running. If they come undone you will lose pressure in the engine and have leakage which will cause erratic running. (I have recently tightened mine up because of the same problem)

I don't think you can do a roto-start attachement on these and even if you could, you have the problem of accessing it once the engine is mounted in the car. There are other parts of the chassis that will be in the way.

As for the slippage on your current pullstart, it sounds like the spring has gone inside where it secures into the plastic housing inside the pullstart, you can buy separate springs but they can be fiddly to replace, a whole new pullstart is not much more in price and a lot easier to fit.

If you do buy one, follow the steps above and simply slide the hex head of the rear shaft into the pullstart and then fit the shaft in the hole in the backplate. Once on simply replace your 4 small screws and screw the plastic housing onto the back plate, (I always use thread lock on mine now) and that is it....Job Done

The whole job can be done within 10 mins and that includes taking the engine out of the car to do it !! It is really easy.

Regards........Mark.

M

Mole

Hi I’ve fitted the pull start and it was no bother to do. Thanks about telling me to check the screws in the inside they had become lose due to the vibrations when I was at the shop I bought the 2 Speed Transmission and I’ve tried to fit it but there is one thing I am not sure about it shows I need to cut bits out of the rear Differential casing am I needing to do this as I have put it together and don’t see why it needs cut out.

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mole,

Just picked up on your post,

Glad to see you got the Pullstart sorted and noticed the loose screws too, that will certainly save you a headache later on.

As for the 2 speed box, not sure why you have to cut the diff casing as my car was already fitted with it when I got it. Having checked the Chassis I have with the same engine and also the factory drawings, I can see no reason why you should have to cut the casing. I can only think you may be looking at a cutaway drawing to show parts for clarity unless the instructions specifically tell you to cut the casing...you will have to let me know or post a scanned jpeg on here if you can so I can see.

I would say if you have it fitted ok and all runs smoothly as you have it now, then there is no need to cut anything... I find it very unusual to have to do any mods like this unless the part is from some other 3rd party manufacturer which does require it (it does happen sometimes)

These boxes for this car are usually direct Kyosho compatible bolt ons so it shouldn't need any cutting away.

If you want the factory exploded drawing for this car, let me know and I will email it to you, as it has all the part numbers on which is useful for ordering spares...It is a .PDF file so is a bit big to post on here. (I have had some model shops ask me for a copy too for their own spares lists..!!)

Regards......Mark.

T

thesludge

hi i had been collecting nitro racer then sort of forgot about it until now when i have been busy packing ready to move house. to finish it i need issues 41-61. i was wondering if it was worth me contacting deaostini and paying mad money for the issues, or if indeed anyone could provide me with a list of the parts i need to simply obtain from model shop.

B

biffyg

Nitro Racer to Buggy

Hi All,

I'm new here so bare with me please!

My Granddad built the extortionate waste of money that is the nitro racer from deagostini by following the issues one by one a couple of years ago. Even after we went to the model shop and I showed him the cheaper and better quality kits he still wanted to continue week by week.

We took it out and used it a few times just after it was finished and it ran pretty well, a few things dropped off and we quickly replaced them with new parts from our local model shop.Unfortunately there is no real area to have fun with this as it even car parks seem a bit too rough for it and it has lay unused for about 18months now.

I am looking to convert this car into a truck or buggy to use on more rough terrain and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a decent kit to do this.

Obviously I have all the kyosho parts from the nitro racer including the GS12 engine and radio kit. Do I need to buy a full kit or do i just need to buy a list of parts. Does anybody know of any good stockists, online would be best?:thinking:

Thanks in Advance, i hope this thread isn't dead

Chris

T

thesludge

biffy- do you still have the mags? if so could you tell me what parts were in these isues

41,44 46,47,56,57,,59,61

:respect1:

Last edited:
B

biffyg

\ said:
biffy- do you still have the mags? if so could you tell me what parts were in these isues 41,44 46,47,56,57,,59,61

:respect1:
Hi there, I'm working down the coast of Africa at the moment and won't be back for 2 weeks but i'll gladly dig out the magazines then and sort you a list of parts if I can when I get back to windy england.

Hope I can Help

K

Korsa

Mark could you email it to me please?

Korsa81@googlemail.com

thanks in advance....

\ said:
Hi Mole,Just picked up on your post,

Glad to see you got the Pullstart sorted and noticed the loose screws too, that will certainly save you a headache later on.

As for the 2 speed box, not sure why you have to cut the diff casing as my car was already fitted with it when I got it. Having checked the Chassis I have with the same engine and also the factory drawings, I can see no reason why you should have to cut the casing. I can only think you may be looking at a cutaway drawing to show parts for clarity unless the instructions specifically tell you to cut the casing...you will have to let me know or post a scanned jpeg on here if you can so I can see.

I would say if you have it fitted ok and all runs smoothly as you have it now, then there is no need to cut anything... I find it very unusual to have to do any mods like this unless the part is from some other 3rd party manufacturer which does require it (it does happen sometimes)

These boxes for this car are usually direct Kyosho compatible bolt ons so it shouldn't need any cutting away.

If you want the factory exploded drawing for this car, let me know and I will email it to you, as it has all the part numbers on which is useful for ordering spares...It is a .PDF file so is a bit big to post on here. (I have had some model shops ask me for a copy too for their own spares lists..!!)

Regards......Mark.

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Korsa and welcome to the Forums,

Hope you enjoy the site and if you have any questions please ask, there are plenty of people here willing to help.

I have e-mailed you the parts diagram as requested so I hope you find it useful (You certainly will when it comes to tracking down spares)

Regards

Mark.

D

david12396

hi please help me

hi mark could you please help me i was given a car by my mate he got his from the issues its a porsh but deagostini never reply to me what im having problems with is finding spear parts

i need

1x front stering screw this allows the weels to lever back and forth

2x front and rear drive sistems ie the gears in the front and back as the big gears have broke and the small ones have worn down

i also need do you know the runners that have ball berings in thay allow the gear differenchals gears to turn easy i need them to if possible could you please reply to me direct to my email addy

and state the name of the car and your self as ive only just got on ere and i may not remeber me user id lol

this is my addy

david12396@hotmail.co.uk my main qwestion is do you know any wer i can get spears for it as i dont think deagostini are running any more please help me my friend im lost at min ide be so greatful

thanks my friend take care mate speak soon

yours sincerely

David

D

david12396

hi mark when i was going through google i noticed your q about the car thats why i qwickly joined lol so i could ask you my q its just i miss useing my car so much but sadly i cant get spears for it and thats why i asked you if you could help at min my location is kirkby liverpool merseyside in the uk if you live in another country. i feel so unhappy noing my car wont run at min i just hope i can restore it some day and bring it back to life if possible with your help speak soon my friend and thanks for reading take care yours sincerely david

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi David and welcome to the site,

Just picked up on your post - technically speaking I am in a different country but not that far away from you as I am just across the Border in North Wales :D

I presume the Porsche you have is based on the Kyosho Pureten Alpha GP3 - If it is, let me know and I will e-mail an exploded diagram of the car with all the part numbers listed. You will need the numbers for identifying the parts for when you order new ones.

I am not sure how many model shops are left in your area but I can certainly point you to a good couple of websites who do stock all the spares and provide a good service.

Let me know and I'll send you the info.

Regards.......Mark.