fengda airbrush question?

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yep. Tank is a good idea

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Same one iv been using for years changed the water trap last year as i cracked it but produces a good steady pressure. Used the airbrush for a while to itwas ok for learning (i still am) but since changed it for an evolution one once i could afford it
Simon

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Same one iv been using for years changed the water trap last year as i cracked it but produces a good steady pressure. Used the airbrush for a while to itwas ok for learning (i still am) but since changed it for an evolution one once i could afford it
Simon
Should say it runs all the time when spraying but it quite, quiet

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Excuse my ignorance. But what difference does a tank on the top make?
Saves the compressor from running constantly, and delivers a more constant pressure. Perhaps also delivers cooler air to the airbrush. Whether any of that makes any practical difference I don't know!
Pete

First Name
Andy
I have used a tankless compressor for a few years now and notice no difference between it and the one with a tank that a mate lent me to start with. Obviously the motor runs all the time when painting but it is not noisy, you pays your money etc.

Andy.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
As a starter kit I’m sure this will be fine…it will certainly allow you to learn the craft without too much outlay. Later you will know exactly what you want from your kit and can upgrade accordingly.

The idea of the tank is to smooth out the air delivery, eliminating pulses. However, my Iwatta compressor is tankless and runs on demand. It’s air delivery is completely pulseless.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Cheers Dave.
That's more my price range :smiling:
I bought mine for around the same price, but it came with two el cheapo airbrushes - ideal for learning to use the airbrush. I still use one of the Chinese airbrushes for priming & basecoats.
John has some reasonably priced quality airbrushes in the Scale Model Shop https://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/0-3mm-double-action-airbrush-scale-model-shop-sms-200-p17352/ - don't forget as a SMF supporter you get a 5% discount in the shop. After you've become comfortable using the basic airbrush, then, you can look for more expensive & higher quality bits of kit.............
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
That's the same one I've been using for the past few years Dave, and I've got no complaints with it...and I still use the cheapo brushes for laying down basecoats / varnishes... :thumb2:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I use an AS-186S from John in the shop. That came with two cheapo airbrushes, but I couldn't get on with them and bought a Harder & Steenbeck. No problems with the compressor though.
Pete

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon

I found this a while back on how to take care of the air brush if you check out the menu it gives you lots of basic knowledge on air brushes also some compressors knowledge including cleaning up hope its helpful and ok to post this link
Simon

Last edited:

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
ah yes, The actual brushes.
I guess I'll just go with my starter question, which has a brush kit with it.
but many thanks for all the information guys. :smiling:

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob

I found this a while back on how to take care of the air brush if you check out the menu it gives you lots of basic knowledge on air brushes also some compressors knowledge including cleaning up hope its helpful and ok to post this link
Simon
Thanks for that. Very interesting.:thumb2: