fengda airbrush question?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The one with the metal O ring is generally a safety valve and should be left well alone. Some do release the pressure from there but you shouldn't really.

Better to use the drain tap / screw underneath as Jim says

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
The one with the metal O ring is generally a safety valve and should be left well alone. Some do release the pressure from there but you shouldn't really.

Better to use the drain tap / screw underneath as Jim says
Cheers andy.
At what pressure does it open then?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers andy.
At what pressure does it open then?
Hi Bob. It will be set above maximum compressor working pressure, but well below tank safety test pressure. It will be there to protect the tank against malfunction of the compressor limit switch (leading to the tank being overpressurised) and should be factory set, so leave well alone. If it is continually disturbed the valve seat can become damaged leading to weeping and an inefficient seal. As Andy says, drain air from the tank using it drain tap. It’s what it’s there for ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Technical answer - bloomin' lots :smiling5:

If it ever blows, don't hang around to find out as it means something is seriously wrong!
Usually about 25 % of maximum tank pressure Andy….and that itself is usually a very conservative value ;)
Don’t panic, just pull the power and you’ll be fine……the overpressure relief valve (ORV, safety valve) is supposed to be sized to bleed enough air out to prevent overpressurisation from attached kit like compressors. The higher the overpressurisation the wider it opens and the more air it lets out.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Usually about 25 % of maximum tank pressure Andy….and that itself is usually a very conservative value ;)
Don’t panic, just pull the power and you’ll be fine……the overpressure relief valve (ORV, safety valve) is supposed to be sized to bleed enough air out to prevent overpressurisation from attached kit like compressors. The higher the overpressurisation the wider it opens and the more air it lets out.
I hope I haven't disturbed the pressure by trying to pull it out then Tim, I did manage to just move it a tad, but not much though :anguished:

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
My pressure switch failed and my tank ran overnight once, I'm guessing it blew off at some point, or that there's enough leaks to keep it safe........either way nothing burst.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I hope I haven't disturbed the pressure by trying to pull it out then Tim, I did manage to just move it a tad, but not much though :anguished:
No worries mate. If you wound it down a tad it will just go slightly early…..if you wound it up it will go a little later, but not enough to worry about. You’d have to seriously wind it up (several turns I should think) to materially change the values.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Just pulling it out won't do any damage. Some people recommend doing that occasionally to make sure the safety valve isn't stuck.
Pete

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Crickey, this kit must be flying off the shelf.
It's gone up in price already, not by much though.