Merlin HC3 Airfix 1/48 Afganistan

First Name
Mike
I haven't done an airfix since I was a kid
There's no comparison between the old Airfix kits and the new tooled ones, Steve. Try one, I think you'll be impressed.

Watching this with interest.

A

Andy Mac

Wow! That looks a goodie, I'll look forward to some progress updates with this one Laurie.

I have no popcorn in the cupboards, but if anyone is willing to deliver?

H

hey

Great work, wait to see more...

I want to buy one of this to make FAP version !!

T

tecdes

Yes a bit slow Daniel with all that has been going on in my life. But have resumed and will be showing how far I have got.

So far a very nice model to work. So far not complicated but a very expansive model with lots of detail work by Airfix.

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice detail going into this Laurie, good progress and watching for the next updates soon.

H

hey

\ said:
Yes a bit slow Daniel with all that has been going on in my life. But have resumed and will be showing how far I have got.So far a very nice model to work. So far not complicated but a very expansive model with lots of detail work by Airfix.

Laurie
Thanks Laurie, your words are one more incentive to built this model.

H

hey

Thanks to share your work, seeing the work you have done in the interior i only can expect a great finish model.

Z

Ziper_it

That's a lot of details, also on painting. This is growing very well.

Francesco

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks good laurie.

As for the ridges on the seats, I would say dry brushing is the easiest way to highlight the detail, then maybe a thin wash run around them to enhance the shadow.

Thats a lot of seat belts...but I guess that they would only be the single "over the lap" type.

Ian M

0ne48thtel

Nice work there Laurie as has been said by the guys the detailing looks really good

T

tecdes

Thanks for those replies very nice of you.

Martin seeing that you are so impressed with my mauve cutting mat I have the suppliers address :eek:

Thanks for that Ian. Had a little go at dry brushing not easy. May try putting paint on paper and then lightly pressing the seat against paper. Problem is the seats are in the upright position so you do see them. It is a problem of in being authentic do you make a mess which looks worse than leaving be.

Seat belts there are about 18 of the wretches and they are shoulder & cross lap. Should get me through a lot of my music in the process. Perhaps I can find a way of quick production and take orders.

Laurie

0ne48thtel

Laurie with the seats I would try putting a light base coat on then over paint with a darker colour. I would then get a small piece of finishing cloth attached to the thin side of a stirrer or something that small. Then gently rub back to the base colour that is how I do some instrument panels. It works as well as if not better than dry brushing. I don't know if this will help.

M

mobear

Laurie needs a swear bucket and a towel to mop his brow lol

T

tecdes

Thanks Terry nice solution will have a go.

Already have that equipment. Bottle of wine may help but on the wagon after Christmas the scales cannot take the additional weight.

Laurie

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Some fiddly bit in this build Laurie with lots of bits to paint! Looking good though I must admit.

Si:smiling3:

A

Andy Mac

Not only does Laurie have a dubious colour cutting mat, but he goes and puts his chopper on it! :eek: :P

Lol