Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So thinking hats on and lets see what we can come up with.

This year things will be a little less intense with just the group builds, the theme builds as normal with each lasting a three months.

SIG builds... minimum six months maximum one year.

For the newer members:

A group build is a build where we all build a model within a narrow subject choice but still with wiggle room.

A themed build is more open and can include pretty much anything that relates to the title subject.

A SIG is either of the above but with more time to do it. The idea being that you give the build every thing you have got. Photo-etch, resin, scratch build, etc, and really give it the whole nine yards. BUT you can also build it out of the box if that is what you would rather do.

It can be a stand alone of in a diorama UNLESS otherwise stated in the very few rules.

So lets hear what you have as ideas.

>The first SIG is set already so no need to go there. 1/24 aircraft SIG.

Dont forget to check that your brilliant idea has not already been suggested.

Also please keep the posts short and to the point, as I have to trawl through them to find the suggestions!

Ian M

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ferrari

70 years since end of ww2 so how about a Battle for Berlin armour build?.......british, american, russian and of course german armour

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
braille scale armour

biplanes

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
How about a sig ,SSIG,or GB for the end of WWII, one Pacific theatre one European theatre, you could do a battle scene, a vehicle or even if your that good (I'm looking at you Ron) even the Japanese surrender on the deck of the masouri,

Any thing that was near the end and past the end of the war in these two conflicts :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Here's a challenge starter kits large or small but only using paint supply with kit weathering allowed but so long as you use paint supplied with kit.

Peter t

D

Deleted member 3568

How about a detailing build. You buy the cheapest kit you can find and then put as much detail (scratch, photo etch, resin or just detail painting)as you can.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
How about a not so well known aircraft or armour build or prototype build :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
How about a sig ,SSIG,or GB for the end of WWII, one Pacific theatre one European theatre, you could do a battle scene, a vehicle or even if your that good (I'm looking at you Ron) even the Japanese surrender on the deck of the masouri,Any thing that was near the end and past the end of the war in these two conflicts :smiling3:
I think that this could be a better Themed build. Its a couple of subjects that has a lot of diversity.

Anyway its now on the list we will have to see what happens.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Here's a challenge starter kits large or small but only using paint supply with kit weathering allowed but so long as you use paint supplied with kit.Peter t
As you said Peter, more of a challenge. It could be one of those spontaneous challenges like the recent HMS Victory one.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
How about a detailing build. You buy the cheapest kit you can find and then put as much detail (scratch, photo etch, resin or just detail painting)as you can.
That is kind of the idea of all the builds, to try encourage everyone to stretch themselves more than normal.

I can see the problem with a GB in that we do have a lot of members that wont go near either PE or Resin so would feel excluded. Still it's on the list.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
How about a not so well known aircraft or armour build or prototype build :smiling3:
I rather like the idea of a prototype build....On the list.

We had the "Unusual aircraft" thing this year....How many took part in that?

Ian M

First Name
Richard
How about a photo build,

Taking a picture from a book or movie and then build it and you would need to get as close to the picture as you can.

Cheers Richi

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
'lands on an aircraft carrier'

soft top/convertible cars

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Any sort of snap kit but repainted better improved

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Quite a few of those suggested we have had as builds in the past...now't wrong with having them again mind!

Here's my list for consideration :-

Behind enemy lines.

Anything with snow.

Stock car racing...Nascar or Brisca

Anything that's not a land vehicle, an aircraft, a boat or spacecraft.

An imaginary Sci. Fi. space something, out of bits and bobs.

Rest and recreation.

Post war wrecked armour or aircraft.

P

Polux

Good evening Ian, these are my suggestions for the 2015 calender.

Themed Groups

Fire Brigade or Police Department.

We can choice one of them. All kind of vehicles are allowed (Terrestrial, Naval, Air) and free era as well.

Your Future.

Have you ever think about the future? Well, tell us which your idea is :smiling3:

Maybe is retro? There are flying cars? Just take a model and create your vision of the future!! (Don’t build a Star Trek space ship, please....)

The Ancient photography.

Not! Is not to copy a photo.... Is a painting exercise!! WWI or WWII era and free vehicles, but you must paint them ONLY using black, grey and white colours :smiling3: like on an ancient photo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Builds

I’m a Robot.

Just scratch build your own robot!

The Pencil holder.

When you finish a model this one goes directly to the stash....why we don’t search some kind of “use” of them? Take an old or new model and just modify it to use as a pencil holder!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIG or SSIG

Large Scale Model.

Seems everybody like the idea of build a large scale plane (1/24 or bigger), but we have the option to think with all the members that don’t like specially the wings, so I propose to choice between a plane or a tank (1/25 or bigger)! Or you can build both.... LOL

Anyway we have the option to leave the tank option for the next year as well.... :smiling3:

Jules Verne Tribute.

Who never have seen a Jules Verne movie or just read one of his books?

Twenty thousand leagues under the sea, Journey to the center of the earth, The mysterious island, Around the world in eighty days,..... The possibilities are terrific, is not necessary to build the Nautilus only!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think I need a cup, no make that a pot of coffee!.

Ian M

Status
Not open for further replies.