Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Mad max styled vehicle. Military or civilian, tracked, wheeled. (I think this may have been done before)
Yes I believe it has...

\ said:
1970's. Build any OLD 1970's Airfix or Matchbox OOB.
Good idea but some of those classics cost more than a new kit...

\ said:
Going Loco. Build a loco with or without rolling stock.
Noted this could be something a bit different. The only problem could be finding kits... A loco fan can put me right on that.

\ said:
Under a Tenner. Buy a kit for no more than a tenner. build it, add as much detail as you wish but any extras either come from the spares box, or are scratch built.
That was a good idea. £10 (or equivv) total cost not including paint and glue...

\ said:
Space the final frontier. Anything space Star Trek, Space 1999, Blake seven, Luna landings.
Have a very similar suggestion already. also for the blues and twos. (Polux). And the rusty one was covered by Spanners suggestions.

Public transport has been up before and got zero votes.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The desert.....anything goes!

Lost and found.....any WWI or II military thingy lost, but found again recently. To include an imaginary story line.

A figure on horseback.

A collision.....you name it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
We are up to 32 on the first list. Is this a new record!

I will give it to the end of the month and start playing...

So get 'em in while you can.

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
With locomotive kits they are usually steam or resin and quite expensive with the exception of Dapol for example. An alternative might be to take a second hand ready to run loco to detail and repaint. The level of detail to go into is a bit bewildering as many classes of loco had sub-classes, depot specific paint jobs or traffic flow specific fittings.

But you don't have to do a loco, there are diesel or electric multiple units kits out there and of course coaches and wagons. Some suppliers make conversion kits to modify a standard passenger coach to a billion van or overhead line equipment coach.

Just some UK kit suppliers;

Cambrian

Parkside Dundas

DC Kits

Comet models

Hurst models

Bratchells

Dapol

Southern Pride

Silver Fox models

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Rick I knew I could count on you.

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
With locomotive kits they are usually steam loco's in brass or diesel in brass or resin and quite expensive with the exception of Dapol for example. An alternative might be to take a second hand ready to run loco to detail and repaint. The level of detail to go into is a bit bewildering as many classes of loco had sub-classes, depot specific paint jobs or traffic flow specific fittings.But you don't have to do a loco, there are diesel or electric multiple units kits out there and of course coaches and wagons. Some suppliers make conversion kits to modify a standard passenger coach to a billion van or overhead line equipment coach.

Just some UK kit suppliers;

Cambrian

Parkside Dundas

DC Kits

Comet models

Hurst models

Bratchells

Dapol

Southern Pride

Silver Fox models
Edited...

T

Tone M

Probably only me.... lol

Be nice to do a veteran vehicle build, cars, trucks etc, pre 1930 ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
We all pick one subject, 1/72 Spitfire, 1/35 Tiger for example, and come up with a 'what if' for that subject - new markings, steam punk version - whatever fancy takes you.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
revell do several trains....ive got a german steam loco in 1/87 thats been in the stash for years.....miniart do that tram now, thats something else on rails........and theres all the 1/35 armour trains

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Captured aircraft or aircraft used for research an development, e.g. Any of the raspberry ripple painted aircraft from RAE Farnborough, Bedford or Boscombe Down. There are three aircraft in this paint scheme at FAST in Farnborough but there were loads more, Buccaneers, Phantom, Tornado, Dakota, Comet, Seaking, Jaguar, Gazelle, etc.

P

Polux

We can include every year a free build, but with an "especific" scale...

One year at 1/72, the other at 1/...

And a tiny challenge for the next year,1/72?

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Rat look customs /rods , artillery pieces (howitzer , PAK etc) and I say this every time but it never even makes the poll !- civilian aircraft/airliners . tony

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The Red Arrows. Here's the twist, we would need nine participants and each participant does a different serial numbered aircraft - but how do we get all nine in formation?

B

Bari

Lets be adventurous and all try a vacuform, perhaps one of the joystick ones as they seem to be a reasonable price to have a go at for the first time.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
, artillery pieces (howitzer , PAK etc) and I say this every time but it never even makes the poll !- civilian aircraft/airliners . tony
i like the arty one.............as long as i could do something towing it :smiling3:

civvie aircraft would be good...something different

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
4 engined bombers

spitfire (just how many makers do a spit in how many scales in how many versions in how many schemes???????)

british cars.....or italian cars.............or german cars

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
I rather like the idea of a prototype build....On the list.We had the "Unusual aircraft" thing this year....How many took part in that?

Ian M
It was rather lonely at times in some of the GB and SIG builds this year. Suggestions are fabulous, but can we actually commit? It's apparent that Ian takes a lot of his time to organise these builds and when the result is a one or two (or even nil) result for participation it doesn't do much for either Ian or the few who did bother to participate. I think if you make a suggestion and it is selected then we need to confirm that we will build, and make sure we do see it to completion.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well I'm struggling as a lot of ideas have been already put forward so the only thing I can think of is something like wacky races. Military vehicles like jeeps, kubelwagens horches trucks etc turned into racers as if the war was put on hold and let's say they had an all comers race you could bling up you vehicles instead of painting them olive drab make modifications etc the list is endless really you could even do planes as racers well that's my input which I think might be a little different from everything already mentioned.i would definitely be putting myself forward for one of the sigs as long as it as my interest. And if my name is on it I wll follow through and participate thanks johnView attachment 89432

View attachment 89433

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.