Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Why a bomber? And why only four engines? There are plenty of multi-engine aircraft out there, P-3, Nimrod, Hercules, VC-10, Tri Star, B-52, etc.
i did think that after i posted it......4 engined anything would open it up to all sorts

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
So you actually want to build rig and paint a couple or nine Camel's in the Red Arrow scheme.... Good luck with that... LOLI think we better stick to the actual jets they have used...

Ian M
Ian I think you miss understood:smiling3: what I ment was any aircraft not just gnats and Hawks , I wonder how a tornado would look in the red arrows livery :smiling3:

S

selfps

\ said:
I'm all for the red arrow but what if we say no Hawks but anything else that flys , I reckon a sopwith camel would look not not only odd but cool :smiling3:
love the idea of any plane in Red Arrows colours. Concord would look cool

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Ian I think you miss understood:smiling3: what I ment was any aircraft not just gnats and Hawks , I wonder how a tornado would look in the red arrows livery :smiling3:
a lot of fun....earlier this year i did similar elsewhere......i did the Angels Interceptor from Captain Scarlet...wouldnt mind another go with something else

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Formula 1.............theres loads of kits out there from all eras of F1.....and we did Rally car this year so this would be another race car genre to do

P

Polux

And vehicles like bulldozer or with a "plow", snow plow, civilian or military service!

First Name
Dave
How about the battle of Malta?.Could be British,Italian,German aircraft.Or a ship that sailed in the Malta convoys.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Sliding off the Red Arrows themes,, how about a Display teams build?Or a motorcycle theme build?

Adrian
Noted both but put a twist on the MC idea. What about street racers.road bikes, no racers. Or dirt track... Not sure how many dirt bike kits there are, but there are loads of street bikes.

\ said:
How about the battle of Malta?.Could be British,Italian,German aircraft.Or a ship that sailed in the Malta convoys.
The defence of Malta, I like that idea...

\ said:
And vehicles like bulldozer or with a "plow", snow plow, civilian or military service!
How about calling it earth movers, it opens it up for all forms of "road building" machines...?

Ian M

PS if I have not commented on all the ideas and comments its not that I am ignoring you, more like I just have nowt to say.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
PLEASE READ THIS:

We now have 52 very varied ideas and suggestions for the 2015 calender. Well done you have all excelled this year.

My personal thoughts: there are some very solid ideas, some not so solid and a few that almost are way out there....Give yourself a round of applause!

Please no more suggestions (Unless it is a really really good one. :smiling3: ) I have now got more than enough and now I need to try make some form of order out of them.

At the moment I have given MY LIST a provisional mark of GB, TB or SIG. this is by no means carved in stone.

52 is a lot to choose and I fear that we need to sort the wheat form the chaff. (never had that problem before!) And this is where my problem starts. People are soon going to be wanting to know what to put on their wish list for Christmas...so time is short and the list is long. I would like to get it down to 30: Ten GB, ten TB and Ten SIG subjects. once these are on the short list, we can then have a poll to vote for the FOUR GB, FOUR TB and FIVE SIG builds. (We already have the first one so there will be SIX in total).

While you all chew the ideas over, I will see if I can do a poll with so many choices...

So no more suggestions, but questions and comments are as always welcome.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I just seen an error in the poll . closed the tread while I try fix it and will open it again as soon as I can.

sorry.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Phew! I corrected the error and the poll it now open again...

Sorry Alan, you will need to vote again.

Ian Phat phumbs M

Status
Not open for further replies.