Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I ate Tripe on a few occasions a few years ago in Taiwan a couple of times, in a spicy hot pot with other meat amd veg. It wasn't bad actually.

I've never eaten the stuff over here at all.
The worst thing eaten as a 'regular' food is either offal (in all manifestations except small chopped lambs kidney in Steak and Kidney pie/pudding) and cous-cous! I have a reason for the latter though; I once 'led' a Young Officer's Personal Development Adventure Training exercise in Corsica - the aim was to walk the famed GR20 high-level mountain route in reverse (from Ajaccio to Calvi) as fast as possible.The teams were unsupported by an admin trail and thus carried everything needed on their backs. Cous-cous was light, flexible (capable of mixing with herbs/spices etc) nutritious and cheap. The intention was to complete in well under a fortnight; it was an unusually hot Summer so water was scarce and hence more needed to be carried; an incident delayed our progress and as a result we had to wait for Casevac. Apart from a rabbit, some wild garlic and a few wild strawberries, we existed for over 14 days on that muck - towards the end we universally detested the sight and name of it! I still do!
Steve

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A Triumph! My special agent has captured, and emptied, two prime specimens of the M-onstrosity, including the Memsahib's emergency reserve! Power to the People, Blessed Freedom beckons!
SteveIMG_0266.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A Triumph! My special agent has captured, and emptied, two prime specimens of the M-onstrosity, including the Memsahib's emergency reserve! Power to the People, Blessed Freedom beckons!
SteveView attachment 484656
Well done Steve! Every little helps! Meanwhile, The Great Work continues although there is so far little to show for our efforts except for a pile of building components and some wet cement!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well done Steve! Every little helps! Meanwhile, The Great Work continues although there is so far little to show for our efforts except for a pile of building components and some wet cement!
That’s not wet cement, that’s salad cream…..not fit for eating nor building….

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yup! Came with Cod-liver oil and NHSS concentrated orange at the Health Centre! (and the Nit Nurse!)
Steve
Never tried it, sort of Horlics with bone marrow. Doesn’t sound appealing does it……also remember we had rose hip syrup instead of concentrated orange juice.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Gern whats goin on with Herr mindbender an'it he got nothin to say like a pep talk for the troops ?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
WELL Gern whats goin on with Herr mindbender an'it he got nothin to say like a pep talk for the troops ?
I think his great plan was to feed you all offal beer, and he’s just had a revelation that it won’t work……

Can you hear them singing…….they are coming for you mwuhahaha!

“Brown is the colour,
Spreading is the game,
We’re all together,
…and winning is our aim,
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
’cos MARMITE…….MARMITE is our name”…..

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Yup! Came with Cod-liver oil and NHSS concentrated orange at the Health Centre! (and the Nit Nurse!)
Steve
Cod liver oil! I loved it and I happily gulped it with the addition of some fresh lemon drops, then my parents discovered I had problems in digesting it when I began to smell like a 3 days old cod left in a plastic bag. :sick:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cod liver oil! I loved it and I happily gulped it with the addition of some fresh lemon drops, then my parents discovered I had problems in digesting it when I began to smell like a 3 days old cod left in a plastic bag. :sick:
COR Andrea :thinking::sad:you must be the only person i know of now that says they liked cod liver oil as my mum had to pinch my nose an then force it down my throat URG URG an then i felt sick for the rest of the day URG an you must have ponged then to smell like a 3 day old cod left in a bag URG LOL :rolling: :flushed:
Chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
;) COR Andrea :thinking::sad:you must be the only person i know of now that says they liked cod liver oil as my mum had to pinch my nose an then force it down my throat URG URG an then i felt sick for the rest of the day URG an you must have ponged then to smell like a 3 day old cod left in a bag URG LOL :rolling: :flushed:
Chrisb
Got to wonder if the supposed health benefits outweighed the mental trauma really, haven’t you :tongue-out3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Got to wonder if the supposed health benefits outweighed the mental trauma really, haven’t you :tongue-out3:
YES Tim i used to dread the mornings when i got up an my mum would be waitin with that dreaded bottle with a cork in an some nights had to have it an yes it was in my opinion was mental trauma an yes Tim at times i often wondered if it was meant as a punishment treatment lol

Last edited:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
COR Andrea :thinking::sad:you must be the only person i know of now that says they liked cod liver oil as my mum had to pinch my nose an then force it down my throat URG URG an then i felt sick for the rest of the day URG an you must have ponged then to smell like a 3 day old cod left in a bag URG LOL :rolling: :flushed:
Chrisb
Yes, the stink was a serious hampering to my social life (and at that age kids can be really cruel!); anyway, I was one of a kind as nobody, even my pediatrician, could believe I happily gulped my cod liver oil!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes, the stink was a serious hampering to my social life (and at that age kids can be really cruel!); anyway, I was one of a kind as nobody, even my pediatrician, could believe I happily gulped my cod liver oil!
AN yes i beleve you sir as my young freinds when i had mine could smell it for a while an even my best freind said here comes pongo but they were only havin a laugh as after a while the smell wore off but for you to love it well its unbeleiveable near as bad as M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

He has been busy producing the portable generators for those supporters who are at risk of retaliation by MORON! I'll talk to him and see if he's willing to spare some time for that.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
He has been busy producing the portable generators for those supporters who are at risk of retaliation by MORON! I'll talk to him and see if he's willing to spare some time for that.
OH Great a pep talk for the troops from the herr proff mindbender that will lift our spirits greatly to keep up the good an rigoues thoughts of what M can do to you more like carster oil urg:thinking::rolling: may use it to put in my prop shafts tube for greasent on my tiger lol :tongue-out3: lol