Queen Boudicca of the Iceni

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have just come a cross this thread I must be blind, the workmanship and painting is world class and one of the best builds I have seen in all these years, it is amazing what you can produce from some sheets of plastic and a good idea - plus great raw talent and a lot of time well done I cant wait to see it finished .

Steve

P

Paul P

Francesco Boudiccas having a kip, im going to do her last.................that's sounds bad ;)

Polux glad you like it and glad your here

Cheers Joe nice to have your comments from the other side of the globe

Tony many thanks my friend

Steve no sweat fella, nice to have you along, im the same about getting it finished, as I said to Colin about Jan time should have it wrapped up

more to follow soon

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful work Paul. This is a masterpiece in the making.

First Name
Andy
\ said:
Francesco Boudiccas having a kip, im going to do her last.................that's sounds bad ;) Paul
Off to the kitchen to get a cloth to clean my monitor now, sprayed tea all over it when I read this...:oops:

H

Harry Labanville

Willus anyus of thisus be on displayicus at Telfordicum thisus weekendus ?

Z

Ziper_it

\ said:
Francesco Boudiccas having a kip, im going to do her last.................that's sounds bad ;) ...

Paul
No problem Paul, take your time, you will enjoy it

Francesco

P.S. great work with the chariot, as usual. Will you add (more) wash?

P

Paul P

Cheers muchly Joe :smiling3:

Many thanks Andy, Hope you mopped up ok ;)

Harry sorry mate i am overburdened with stuff to go to Telford, some for the show and some bits for some retailers, and a wife as well, SWMBO who stated catagorically that she wouldnt be coming to Telford has now gone to plan B..:eek:................shes coming :sad: . So i have to be on my best behaviour and not buy too many kits :rolleyes:

Many thanks Francesco ;)

Cheers Bazers glad you like it

Paul

P

Paul P

Next stage was to fit the platform onto the chariot. it had leather ties that wrapped around the suspension straps so that the platform could be height adjusted

So the other wheel to do and then the yoke and pins

Paul

P

Paul P

a couple of update pics after a great weekend at Telford, for some reason the lazy dude on the chariot decided to move position and now his left leg didn't sit right on the platform, so to sort this out ive made a sheepskin rug for him to sit on, ive also painted the horses butt on one side.

All for now, I should hopefully get some more done soon and get the first horse finished, ill then be able to get the other one sorted. I can see the finish line on this one now, its still a way off but at least im getting there

Paul

C

CDW

A bit inconsiderate the guy moving position Paul, hope you had a stern word :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Looking very good, as per usual ...

Z

Ziper_it

What should I say more, I've already used all the adjectives I know in English.

Bravo!

P

Paul P

Colin not only had a stern word but threatened to hand him over to the romans if he didn't behave, I don't know ya bring em into this world, dress em and look after them and what do they do................................MOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:mad: very flaming inconsiderate

Cheers Francesco, if you have run out of adjectives just use some expletives :sad: ;) :smiling3: ..........or just put some Italian adjectives on ;)

Paul

First Name
Andy
I bet he moved on purpose just to get a bit more comfort and I guess you caved in and gave him the extra rug... ;)

Great work as usual Sir... :smiling3:

Andy...

P

Paul P

Cheers Andy, thats me the soft touch, always giving in the these barbarians :rolleyes:

Paul

P

Paul P

Just a few pics for a quick update, ive got the sheepskin painted, I thought id make it a bit mangy looking and also made a start on the bow carrier

Still more to do on this to make it look a bit worn

Paul

M

mobear

just went through the whole build blog,and Daaaaaaaa is all i can say,a thing of beauty it is,congrats and nice skills to show also

mobear

P

Paul P

Cheers Ole, thanks for the comments

Had time today to finish the horse, one down one to go, perhaps a few bits to touch up later, but on the whole im pleased with it

There is the strappage to add but i can do that when hes attached to the chariot

Paul