Queen Boudicca of the Iceni

P

Paul P

Fanx Colin, :smiling3:

many thanks Mobear

cheers Joe, always good to get a comment from the other side of the world, summer started yet :cool:

Paul

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Cracking chariot Paul, just cracking.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fantastic is all that I can stutter right now.

Ian M

Z

Ziper_it

Oh yes, I can do that too, then I will have to clean the horse from the putty, doing this I would remove half if the paint, then to recover I would change the color to gray and to fix the gray to black.

Excellent work, yours...

Francesco

C

CDW

It .... Just ..... Gets .... Better .......don't..... It ...... Eh.....!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
been reading and admiring your skills all the way until the last picture.

cant wait to see the next ones.

Cheers Richi

P

Paul P

Ian stutters good ;)

Francesco sounds the same as my last build. at least then you would have an excellent black horse :smiling3:

Cheers Colin, thesaurus arrived then ;)

many thanks Richard, probably go down hill from now on :eek:

more to follow

Paul

P

Paul P

OK guys bit more done today

first the other wheel

Then painted the horse harness

And just as a teaser I thought id put this together to see what it looked like so far

still an amazing amount of work to do on this, so im changing my finish time to about Feb now...............end of :sad: .............might be ready for sword and lance next year :smiling3:

Paul

C

CDW

Fantastic Paul.

I know ive joked before about wanting it done so we can see it in all its glory, but in reality when its complete it'll be something of an end of an era ....

P

Paul P

Colin I always feel bereft when I finish a build, and especially when it takes as long as this one has, but then theres always the next one

cheers Ian and Harry

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
OK guys bit more done todayfirst the other wheel

Then painted the horse harness

And just as a teaser I thought id put this together to see what it looked like so far

still an amazing amount of work to do on this, so im changing my finish time to about Feb now...............end of :sad: .............might be ready for sword and lance next year :smiling3:

Paul
THE POOR SOD HAS LOST HIS LOWER ARMS! Oh, how will he ride again, or drink to victories, or caress a small babe, or...wipe his bottom.

I of course jest Paul, and can only add to the vast chorus of shouts...IT IS AWSOME! In fact I dare to go as far as to say...I know you may not like it...but, I think for skill on modelling in all aspects of talent, you sir are one, if not the only one that is supremo on this forum. I am in no way mocking the other modellers, many are just a wiz at what they do, but this is another level, even they would agree.

In awe as always.

Si:smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

Take your time Paul, we're really enjoying this. Still have a lot of pop-corns here.

Francesco

P

Paul P

Si many many thanks for the kind words, I cant agree with you as there are many excellent modellers on this site, but thanks anyway

Franscesco cheers bud you might need a lorry load of popcorn till this is finished

So finally the chariot is complete, obviously the tracers and other bits of strappage have to added, but still a way to go till then. The Bow and carrier has beeen attached and ill make an arrow quiver at some point to go with it. on the other side there will be a spear carrier with 2 or 3 spears in it

one more bit done

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That is a great build in itself, fantastic workmanship.

P

Paul P

Hi all, well now Billy is finished im back on to Boudicca and onto dobbin MKII,

This is the basic horse

I thought with this one I would keep the head as it is and change the legs so that they don't match the other horse, so the front left leg will be bought back and the rear left leg will be in a relaxed position

lots of filling to do and plenty of sanding and filing

Paul