Queen Boudicca of the Iceni

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Paul,he is coming along very well ,look forward to seeing more off an update

H

Harry Labanville

\ said:
Harry cheers mate, put yer specs on she has got a torc, cant have Boudicca without bling ;) .
I did have my specs on.

I swear it wasn't there last night, constable.

Ive been fitted up, Its a smear campaign to make me look a dorc over a torc:rolleyes:

P

Paul P

Thanks Monica and Polux

OK Harry as an ex copper I believe you.............................just don't let it happen again.. ;)

Bit more done to the nag MKII,

Still a few more shadows to add and then onto the back end

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good Paul. How's Spring then? Autumn has arrived here with a vengeance.

P

Paul P

Glorious day today Joe. Frosty start and then sun. After all the rain its a nice change

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Yeah! Everyday this build amaze me more and more!Polux
as Polux said , it is a traffic job better each time i see it

P

Paul P

Thanks Monica

The front half is finished now apart from the hooves

Ive added some deeper shading and highlights and a few extra splodges

Paul

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
awesome cannot wait to see him/her all paint :cool: real can see in the work and hrs put in

P

Paul P

Thanks Monica. I like to paint a bit and then go back to it at a later stage. It always looks different when the paint has had time to go off. You can then add to or remove shading and highlights until your happy with it.

M

mobear

looking real nice,small thing i noticed the dark spot near the horses mane looks flat at the creases next to the mane on my monitor,the rest looks ace just this one piece

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Erm, WOW.

I am always gob-smacked seeing your progress.

Ian M

Z

Ziper_it

All I can say is that half of this horse looks superb.

Now waiting for the other half.

Francesco

P

Paul P

Hi all

Harry definately advancing at a snails pace :sad:

Ole sorry which blob do you mean and ill have a gander at it cheers

Ian Erm cheers ;)

Francesco thanks mucka other half coming up

So back end started, im going to do it mainly black, he will then have a black mane and a white tail :smiling3:

the shading needs pushing a bit more but its on the right lines

Paul

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good there Paul, very nice start

maybe this is a good time to get some tips on painting black from you :rolleyes:

I have notice that you use black as well as a dark gray, to show high lite and low lite, the gray beening the high points ?

this is from were any tips would be useful for me to blend it all together and shown as a high spot dose that make sense ?

P

Paul P

Hi Monica, i think black is one of the hardest colours to do, too much grey and it washes the black out, not enough and you dont get the effect. when i mix my pallet for any colour i put the lightest colour and the darkest colour next to each other and then mix them to gether forming various shades so that i can work the colour quickly. You have to imagine that the light is coming from directly overhead so if you get a crease right at the top would be lighter than the bottom, and anything underneath would be even darker. So from top to bottom, light to dark and the shades in between. For this black i mixed a bit of blue with the black for the base coat i could then use straight black for the deepest shadows

Heres a few pics of the finished rear right half

As you can see the very top of each muscle is the lightest shade and the bottom is black. Hope this helps

Paul

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Paul, thank you that is a big help as i was thinking to use a dark gray with a dark blue so it did to some what give the effect, your saying , but that way is quite easy to follow

as i tend to use a off black or flat black/gray in a mat, in the low spots, and a semi glass dark blue back on the higher points

as that last pic of his rump shows what you are saying very cleanly, :rolleyes: :smiling3:

P

Polux

Thank you very much for the info Paul!

Will search an "old" figure or similar to try it :oops: if I obtain the "half" result as yours will be a happy man :rolleyes:

Can I ask...Do you dilute very much the painting? Is like the consistency to use on an airbrush or similar?

Thanks again for showing this amazing step by step build Paul, and respond always all the questions... :eek:

Cheers