Queen Boudicca of the Iceni

P

Paul P

Hi guys seems like a long time since I posted on this, but after the house move and what seems like an eternity decorating, ive finally been given permission by SWMBO to get back to the bench.

So heres a pic of the new bench

And now back to the serious stuff of Boudicca, I remade the horse harness and then after a sanding primed it. theres a few bits that need filling but uts just about ready for painting.

and a few pics of this one with its mate to give an idea as to how they will look together

Should get onto the painting in the next few days

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great to see youve got a bench again Paul and good to see the build back in progress, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like a good den.

Glad the move went well and glad to see you back.

Ian M

P

Paul P

cheers guys, still have a lot to do in the house but im certainly glad to be painting the figures instead of walls

Paul

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Paul, just court up with this build im very impressed in deed , excellent work and nice bits off step by step as well

keep up the good work

look forward to seeing more

would like to know how you get a start in making your own models

P

Paul P

many thanks guys for the comments, youll be about to say goodbye to summer soon Joe i hear its heading our way :smiling3:

Monica it depends on what you want to make, if its figures i can help you out, if its vehicles or tanks i cant ;)

Paul

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Paul, it would be figures and animals that i would like to be able to have a go at making , as i have never real got it that side off things,

i can alter a read made figure, and a standing horse to a diffidence stance , but would like to be able to make farm yard, and cats and also doys,

any help would be great,when you have time as thats a big build :rolleyes:

H

Harry Labanville

Ah!! welcome back.

Just love your work area and your special room.You Lucky bbbbbbbb...... boy.

Just make sure you use a different brush to the one you have currently been using that is unless you decorated with a 000 brush.

The brooding hoards await your next move.

;)

Last edited:
P

Paul P

Monica. animals are not my strong point, apart from horses, but the basic technique will be the same for anything. Ill try to muddle a few bits up for you with some links to examples and pm them for you

Harry cheers matey. well thats where i was going wrong, took me 3 weeks to paint the skirting :sad:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice to see you Paul. The horse looks superb, as usual everything is up to your masterly standards.

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Paul, thats great, i do know the basics off it , and i never realy have luck with google is not my friend at all ,:eek: dose not show what i wont

if you get what i mean,

P

Paul P

OK Monica ill try to sort some bits out for you soon.

Started painting the horse MKII, base coated the front half with 4 coats of white. Once that had dried I started on the shading, the white normally ends up grey with white as the very top highlights

Then onto the black splodges, I tried straight black first but it was tooooo..............................................BLACK :sad: so I added a bit of blue to the black and this toned it down, the highlights were various shades of grey with black for the lowest parts

Ill leave this to dry and then have another look at it, the highlights will probably need to be added to and perhaps some darker shading on the grey parts. I always think black is a hard colour to get right

Paul

H

Harry Labanville

Luferly

Glad you went for another white horsey with speckling they will look a treat together. :smiling3:

Went back and had a look at Baudy did you consider putting a golden torc round her neck. Very popular in those days

Last edited:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start to the other paint, so you have a skew/piebald, good match

P

Paul P

Harry cheers mate, put yer specs on she has got a torc, cant have Boudicca without bling ;)

Thanks Monica, yep Skew and Pie :smiling3:

Many thanks Joe, please, please hurry up and send summer over, im fed up with being wet, i know i live in the wettest part of the country but i didnt expect to grow webbed feet :sad:

OK bit more done to horsey MKII, worked on the head, just the right side for now, and laid down the first shading, added some more to the splodges on the body and bled the paint a bit at the edges of the splodges so that they wernt toooooooo sharp. And then did some more to the leg, youll notice that the white inside the leg is in fact grey, this is to show that its darker underneath.

Plenty more blending to do and then some detail to add to the nose and around the eyes

Paul