Rick's 1-87 Scale Kitbashed Brockway Shovel

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hopefully in the next coupla days I should get some color on it Lee. Thanks fro dropping by and the nice comments. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick,

Sorry missed the updates. That's coming on very nicely indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andrew & Mick...glad you are liking the progress so far. I expected to have some color on this by now but have been rather busy with out of town guests and the upcoming Wedding of my Grand Daughter....maybe I'll have more on this in a week or so.
Thanks again for your interest. :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Get crackin' Buddy and try to stay sober for the wedding!!!....Oh, and try not to get too stressed over it all Rick. Just take care, have fun and best wishes to the happy couple..........

Prost und viel Spaß
Allen

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
OK........I'm just before turning out the lights for the night, but I thought I'd let you all know that today.....is....the .....day of days! One way or another there is going to be paint on the shovel. I'll post an update when I'm done with the squirt gun. Stay tuned and g'nite all.:cool:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice Rick and it's good to see you finally sobered up after the wedding!!! Maybe a little light sanding on the side of the shovel cab should do the trick Bro....

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is where this is presently.....detail painting has begun and also the first mishap. I managed to snap the yoke at the base of the main boom where it connects to the floor plate of the shovel cab. So, while the glue is drying on that I'm pretty much at a stopping point. Hopefully I will be able to get this together one last time without breaking it again.......time will tell.P1012344.JPGP1012345.JPGP1012346.JPG

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow Rick , think this is one of your best yet . Great work with all the parts , nice to see Paul lending a helping hand with the photos .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I don't know about it being one of my best JR but it is certainly one of the most complicated builds I have taken on over the years. And yes!....Paul has been a tremendous help in the technical department......without any plans to consult, the only thing one has to rely on for accuracy is photos, photos and more photos! Tip 'O the Hat to the good Mr. Eberle. :smiling: :smiling: :thumb2::thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just popped in to see how you are doing Rick. It is indeed a fine build. Very impressed my friend. Keep up the great work

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not sure what to use for that Lee......will have to consult with Paul and see what he used and/or what's available. Thnx for commenting.