Rick's 1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Phanomen Granit 25H Ambulance

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes indeed Lee, that was the whole point of this exercise.....with out that feature it would be a dead scene. Thanks for commenting and I'm pleased you are liking it so far. BTW, I came across an old build of yours in 1-87 scale today on another website. A KW W921 Tanker and Pup done up in SP logo.....Very attractive little build Sir. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes Mick....there is oxygen in the air we breath......thank God for that I was beginning to turn blue!:dizzy: Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned there's more on the way.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andy......cant afford to be sloppy at this scale, sticks out like a sore thumb! Glad you like it, it's starting to grow on me too, I hate to admit that about a Resin Kit but this'uns a dandy.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just this one to date JR, I have numerous others and a few under construction presently but I'm not blogging them as they are mostly finished.

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well done with those doors Rick. Must have been quite nerve racking but patience won through.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Tim, I found this pic on the i-net and it will be the guide that I'll work to for building up the interior elements of the model. Sorta a one page wordless destruction sheet......it's about all you get in this scale so am happy to get it for reference.P1012665.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim....first time scribing out anything in resin. I'm glad it worked out. My back-up plan was to make new doors from scratch using the old ones as a template if they got damaged to the point of being unusable. Thanks for coming by Jim. :thumb2:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
....and a good shot of the spare tire mounting. Some excellent work.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Just saw this Rick. Nice microsurgery Bro!!! Resin isn't really too bad if you take your time and be careful. That is gonna look real sweet with some interior inside too!!! Keep it coming...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
....and a good shot of the spare tire mounting. Some excellent work.
Thanks Paul, I know there was more than one way they stored the spares on these Ambulances.......I've seen them stowed under body, left or right quarter and one on each quarter panel......I guess it's a case of the "druthers", I'druther have it here than over there.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rick,
Great work removing the doors, very neatly done. You will have no problems with the interior given your scratchery skills at this size.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen, This is one of the most important elements in my dio, so it has to look the part. I'll be spending a great deal of time on the interior as I need to get it to a believable level. More on the way.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Bless you for that Scottie, Just trying to do the darn thing the best I can......much prefer plastic to resin, but sometimes you have to bleed in order to heal.....something like that anyway.;)