Rick's 1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Phanomen Granit 25H Ambulance

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You wouldn't like 'em......the left hand has tremors and I squint a lot without the Magnifier! :nerd:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well, it had to happen sooner or later...........I am beginning to find all the little inaccuracies in this now, less than "perfect" resin model. The bulkhead between the driver's seat and casualty compartment was hollow at the base. This would stick out like a sore thumb when viewed from the back with the doors open. .005 sheet and covered up.....easy fix! The most glaring oversight was the omission of the slight lip or overhang of the roof line above the windshield.....yeah, I probably could have ignored it but I think it's an improvement and lends to the overall appearance of the vehicle. What say you?:thinking:P1012665.JPGP1012666.JPGP1012668.JPGP1012667.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Amazing , I have to keep reminding my self the size of this :cool::upside: Nice Rick !

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Like John I forget how small this is. Great skills and attention to detail to correct these inaccuracies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Definitely better Rick. Assume the bonnet grills are separate?
Would that were true Mr. Marlow. another glaring discrepancy to be dealt with....I haven't mentioned it before because I was hoping someone would notice. Keen eye Sir! I do have a remedy but it will take place later on in the build, just before paint flies. I have a set of Archer water slide decals with the required transfers to install over the retarded little grill work in this kit. I did a test of them on a piece of styrene (in a hurry) to see if they would look ok.....they will do the job.P1012669.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jim, I was lucky to find some really great reference photos....no guessing where this, that, or the other goes!!:nerd:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yes indeed Lee, that was the whole point of this exercise.....with out that feature it would be a dead scene. Thanks for commenting and I'm pleased you are liking it so far. BTW, I came across an old build of yours in 1-87 scale today on another website. A KW W921 Tanker and Pup done up in SP logo.....Very attractive little build Sir. :thumb2:
Thanks I liked building those little rigs at one time till my hands got so much arthritis in them I had to stop. I try to just build the simple ones now and even that’s a challenge. Many years ago I wanted to post my 1/87 truck builds here but I didn’t want to steal you and Paul’s thunder I didn’t want people to think I was flexing my muscles I’m not that kinda guy. My last count of pics I have of the 1/87 Trucks I built was over 500 I built about three a week for eBay and sometimes for Customers for at least ten years.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks I liked building those little rigs at one time till my hands got so much arthritis in them I had to stop. I try to just build the simple ones now and even that’s a challenge. Many years ago I wanted to post my 1/87 truck builds here but I didn’t want to steal you and Paul’s thunder I didn’t want people to think I was flexing my muscles I’m not that kinda guy. My last count of pics I have of the 1/87 Trucks I built was over 500 I built about three a week for eBay and sometimes for Customers for at least ten years.
Do a separate thread Lee! :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Bring 'em on Lee....you won't hurt my feelers at all!! I'm on other sites every day looking at anything and everything in 1-87 scale. Brekina has just brought out their KW Bullnose. Why don't you check with the Mods and see if you could post em up in a special thread ....really would love to see them!:thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I might I’m sure I can find a place to start posting them. I’ll have to dig out my jump drive and get them down loaded some how. I have a few I can get now I’ll think about it. I seen that Rick about the Bullnose Don Mills sales of that one will probably go in the tank because you have to build his

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I might I’m sure I can find a place to start posting them. I’ll have to dig out my jump drive and get them down loaded some how. I have a few I can get now I’ll think about it. I seen that Rick about the Bullnose Don Mills sales of that one will probably go in the tank because you have to build his
Yeah Lee.....probably depend a lot on pricing and wether or not it's an accurate rendition of a bullnose. I have no doubt that Don's model is accurate..... between him and Ralf Ratcliffe, they pretty much have a corner on the market.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yeah Lee.....probably depend a lot on pricing and wether or not it's an accurate rendition of a bullnose. I have no doubt that Don's model is accurate..... between him and Ralf Ratcliffe, they pretty much have a corner on the market.
Don’s is the more Accurate but it’s resin and the cab is twisted it was casted that way and very fiddly to work with lots of patience to get it to look decent these days it has to be Ready to Roll who cares about accuracy like we are.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Unfortunately...I have heard that from more than one scale modeler.....seems that the instant gratification crowd is everywhere nowadays! Don't say much for the future of scale modeling do it. :thinking:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nah Mick it's not that much smaller than 1-72nd scale....I'm sure you would do just fine. Thanks for commenting and I shall try to get another update soon. :nerd: :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not a whole lot to look at here.....got the hitch located, built a back step and installed the grenade screens on the windows and back doors. I'll continue on with more interior details....I just hope I can keep from damaging what I've already built. A very delicate thing this Granit!P1012681.JPGP1012682.JPG