Rick's 1-87 Scale Trident Jagdpanther Conversion

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Current progress on paint repairs and adjustment of camo pattern. also some detail painting of the tracks.....tried something new, Tamiya panel line accent (brown) I washed the tracks with this stuff then when dry I went over them lightly with Steel lacquer (Testor's) and then did a little highlighting with a silver Prisma colored pencil. I still need to complete the detail painting and weathering of the inner tracks and roadwheels before attaching the outers.P1012846.JPGP1012847.JPGP1012848.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Current progress on paint repairs and adjustment of camo pattern. also some detail painting of the tracks.....tried something new, Tamiya panel line accent (brown) I washed the tracks with this stuff then when dry I went over them lightly with Steel lacquer (Testor's) and then did a little highlighting with a silver Prisma colored pencil. I still need to complete the detail painting and weathering of the inner tracks and roadwheels before attaching the outers.View attachment 489093View attachment 489094View attachment 489095

Well I'd say that worked really well Rick!! It would have course worked out much better at 1/72!!!;):smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry I'm in so in late Rick, but I have been following this Kitty build all along. For that scale, the tracks are fantastic and really detailed. You've done a fine job bringing them to life with the colors!!! I wouldn't worry too much about correcting the camo Bro, as I don't think the 9th has any Rembrandts in their ranks back then...Great work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen, Sorry if I confused you about the camo, what I was talking about is the amount of overspray that manages to find itself in areas where the dinkleglib is supposed to be ;) I repair those areas by stippling with a yellow dry brush to eliminate or at least reduce the amount of overspray. Because the model is so small, the camo bands are very close together and even with the air pressure at a minimum and the paint thinned to the consistency of water it still happens. I have learned that the drybrush stipple method allows for good color separation and still keeps the edges soft. As to the tracks, I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out but I will continue to experiment as I think they play a key role in creating a more realistic model.
Thanks again for the kind words.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee.....it's not as easy as it used to be, but I still enjoy "free" handing the camo when I can. This is an exceptionally simple pattern so I got lucky on this one. Glad you are liking it. :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Current progress on paint repairs and adjustment of camo pattern. also some detail painting of the tracks.....tried something new, Tamiya panel line accent (brown) I washed the tracks with this stuff then when dry I went over them lightly with Steel lacquer (Testor's) and then did a little highlighting with a silver Prisma colored pencil. I still need to complete the detail painting and weathering of the inner tracks and roadwheels before attaching the outers.View attachment 489093View attachment 489094View attachment 489095
Loving that camo Rick :cool:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking awesome Rick every post. I hope some day to do this Camo on one of my tanks