Scotties Sd.Kfz. 10/5

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful work Scottie. One hooked up & one standalone trailer?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful work Scottie. One hooked up & one standalone trailer?
Thanks Paul. Just one being towed I will save the other one for another project.
Hi Scottie.
Nice stripey look. A great canvas for the weathering.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I am quite happy with the stripes, there is one that is a little heavy but hopefully the weathering will tone it down.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Paul, what can a man say that hasn't already been said.........And you thought I wasn't keeping an eye on you buddy. All I have to say is "I Love It" and I do wonder how you are going to paint all the little tidbits if they are glued on. Shovel handle comes to mind, but I'm sure you'll handle it............Hope you two had a happy Ho, Ho, Ho too.............

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well Paul, what can a man say that hasn't already been said.........And you thought I wasn't keeping an eye on you buddy. All I have to say is "I Love It" and I do wonder how you are going to paint all the little tidbits if they are glued on. Shovel handle comes to mind, but I'm sure you'll handle it............Hope you two had a happy Ho, Ho, Ho too.............

Prost
Allen
Hello mate I trust you had a good Christmas. I'm glad your keeping an eye on me. Normally I leave the tools off for painting but this time I must of had a brain fart so will paint them in place.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well all the assembly is pretty much done now ready for paint. The last few additions have been done.

View attachment 440904

It is all just dry fitted at the moment and the wheels still need some work on them.

View attachment 440905

The stand had the cross member drilled out as this is hollow in my reference pics.
View attachment 440906

The pin that holds the box on the frame still needs to have a chain fitted.

cheers
Scottie
I like the Value Stem very classy Paul.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's all good Scottie.........I've done the tools both ways meself.....just have to be a little more careful when they are on the vehicle. Keep up the good work Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Value stem?? sorry mate you have lost me there.
It's all good Scottie.........I've done the tools both ways meself.....just have to be a little more careful when they are on the vehicle. Keep up the good work Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.
Rick, me to mate and these are easy to get to so should be ok.
.... and that's why they invented Post It pads. Very useful for putting under and around the tools when painting and weathering the tools. Wonderful paint job Scottie. Keep up the great work my friend
Cheers Steve, that's a good idea I will have to remember that.
Who knew!!! ;)
There you go Andy, every day is a school day.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
.... and that's why they invented Post It pads. Very useful for putting under and around the tools when painting and weathering the tools. Wonderful paint job Scottie. Keep up the great work my friend
Who knew!!! ;)
There you go Andy, every day is a school day. :smiling:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob

There you go Andy, every day is a school day. :smiling:
Agree with Steve, got a load of post it notes from work, before i left. Ideal for tools!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The camo looks good Paul, it was usually done 'in the field' so was pretty variable.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Scottie......don't know if Lee caught your response, I believe he was referring to the valve stem you added to the wheel/tire assembly........ ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Scottie......don't know if Lee caught your response, I believe he was referring to the valve stem you added to the wheel/tire assembly........ ;)
Thanks Rick for Pitch hitting for me I think that’s a Value Stem is it Rick it’s been long day.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Agree with Steve, got a load of post it notes from work, before i left. Ideal for tools!
Will be getting a few when I'm out shopping.
The camo looks good Paul, it was usually done 'in the field' so was pretty variable.:thumb2:
Graeme, very true mate thanks it looks better now :smiling:
Magic as usual Scottie.

Andy.
Cheers Andy, too kind mate.
That makes sense.
Thanks Rick for Pitch hitting for me I think that’s a Value Stem is it Rick it’s been long day.
Not a value stemjust a piece of wire, but the Value ones do look good.

Paul this is what I’m talking about a Value Stem that Copper piece View attachment 441571
No worries all is clear now,
Ah, VALVE stem! Understand now!
Pete
Pete, all sorted.