Scotties Sd.Kfz. 10/5

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The gun is spot on Paul, the etch shields, rivet detail, the extras all make the difference. I don't know how you have the patience.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Couldn't agree more, Mr. "T" was my best critic.........he always had a way of pushing me to go a little further with a build to get just a bit more out of it. ;)
Rick H.
Yes he was the kid on the playground that dared you to chew the gum on the ground. You didn’t want to go that far but you knew you had to if you wanted to keep your ranks.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul looks outstanding as always. Love these guns

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The gun is spot on Paul, the etch shields, rivet detail, the extras all make the difference. I don't know how you have the patience.
Thank you Graeme, trust me I turn the air blue sometimes.
Yes he was the kid on the playground that dared you to chew the gum on the ground. You didn’t want to go that far but you knew you had to if you wanted to keep your ranks.
Very true mate :smiling::smiling:
Paul looks outstanding as always. Love these guns
Thank you mate glad you like it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I built up the tracks these were the Masterclub offerings and a lot better than the kit ones each link had two pins and a separate track pad. The good news was there are only 39 links per side if you count the links in the instructions, but I may have to add more later. Tension will be correct when the top run touches the centre road wheel.

Next work started on the Sd.Ah. 51 trailer. Not a bad little kit and you get two in the box. The side panels were given a tweak.

Before.

DSCF3181.JPG

after

DSCF3182.JPG

The rods will be trimmed to length later.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
had some fun tinkering with the details. Items have been added from the PE stash and scratched from plastic and pewter. They are not 100% accurate but represent the detail that should be there

DSCF3183.JPG

DSCF3184.JPG

I cut off some of the internal shelf detail and replaced it with plastic sheet. The kit part had some magazines and loose rounds moulded in and I wanted the space to add my own details later.

DSCF3185.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Impressive stuff. Even if things are not 100% accurate the 'sharpness' of your additions makes it worth the time and effort. Small detail moulded in styrene is often quite soft - like in your first photo.
jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Why it's absolute madness!...... Awesome detailing gone completely out of control!
Image result for Crazy Looking Men
Will someone stop him!?
Don't even think about it!....carry on Your Awesomeness!

Love your work as always....Jim.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Scottie.... Keep it up.

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Impressive stuff. Even if things are not 100% accurate the 'sharpness' of your additions makes it worth the time and effort. Small detail moulded in styrene is often quite soft - like in your first photo.
jim
Thanks Jim, I have revisited some of the additions and reworked them.
More top drawer stuff mate, who cares if they're not 100% they look superb
Thanks Mick glad you like it.
Why it's absolute madness!...... Awesome detailing gone completely out of control!
Image result for Crazy Looking Men
Will someone stop him!?
Don't even think about it!....carry on Your Awesomeness!

Love your work as always....Jim.
Jim, thanks mate glad your looking in. But one thing where did you get that picture of me?
Great work Scottie.... Keep it up.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew, thanks for looking in.
Nice one Scottie,(DAWG!!) :thumb2:
Excellent to watch as always mate:cool:!
Andy
Andy, too kind as always.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am enjoying this trailer build, it just goes to show that sometimes the simplest kit can be the most fun.

I had to remove a heavy seam all around the frame and clean up flash from lots of areas. Next the moulded mudguard supports were removed as they were terrible and new ones fashioned from pewter strip and punched rivets. The tool box had a PE catch and hinges added from the PE stash. Finally the solid and badly moulded front mount was removed and using a bit of etch sheet a new one was fashioned and fitted.

DSCF3187.JPG

DSCF3188.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well all the assembly is pretty much done now ready for paint. The last few additions have been done.

DSCF3189.JPG

It is all just dry fitted at the moment and the wheels still need some work on them.

DSCF3190.JPG

The stand had the cross member drilled out as this is hollow in my reference pics.
DSCF3191.JPG

The pin that holds the box on the frame still needs to have a chain fitted.

cheers
Scottie