Scotties Sd.Kfz. 10/5

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie

I always admire the neatness of your building as well as the detailing accuracy. I'm fully retired so I get to play with my toys just about as much as I want. A bit of painting here and there and currently I am teaching myself Blender the 3D modelling software for making CGI type models etc.

John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Being pretty-much retired (2days/wk,2to3hrs/day) I get to the cave 1 to 8 hrs a day depending on project/mojo. When I was working the RR layout it was 8 to 10 per most days. The wingy thing has me down to a couple day & couple night when not doing Christmas stuff.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking really good as always Scottie. As to your question, and hour or so a session, once a day, sometimes another session in a day. I find my attention span suffers if I do any longer.
Tim, Really kind of you mate. I am the same my attention can wonder as well depending on what I am doing.
Scottie the neatness and precision is blowing my tiny little mind! I’m please with myself if I can cut some plasticard more or less square!!

I probably get about 2 hours, three nights a week, and then maybe a few more on a Sunday (mojo depending).
Jack thanks mate, just practice and many many un reported failures lol. It does seem the norm is a few hours at a time.
Scottie, that is all just amazing.

I begin to suspect that you might be cheating a little bit, maybe you're only 1/35 scale yourself ? 1/10, tops I reckon.

Or a witch....

On the subject of bench time, an hour or so maybe 3 or 4 times a week, including setting up/ stashing time due to using the spare room.

/ that's my excuse.
I wish I was mate and I wouldn't have these sausage fingers lol. I used to be the same having to set up and clean down again getting a permanent space is a god send.
Not nearly as much bench time as I'd like recently (probably true of all of us!) due to helping Kate at school doing building/renovation work etc. Ordinarily 5-6 hours a day at weekends (then a restorative visit to the Three Horseshoes for 'tea and sticky buns'! During the week most days involve two or three hours - sometimes all day! Really nice work Scottie, my version will stay in the stash until the Bussing and my Bergepanther shelf queen are complete and memories of your superb work have faded! Congratulations again.
Steve
Steve, I do like the sound of the restorative visits. Please dig your version out I would love to see your take on it.
A couple of hours a day, I'd love that.....if I get that in a whole week I'm lucky and then maybe four to six hours at the weekend depending on what we have on....we have two kids at high school
Andrew, that is understandable my kids have long left the nest.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie

I always admire the neatness of your building as well as the detailing accuracy. I'm fully retired so I get to play with my toys just about as much as I want. A bit of painting here and there and currently I am teaching myself Blender the 3D modelling software for making CGI type models etc.

John
John, good to see you and many thanks for the kind words. I am envious of people like yourself that have so many varied and interesting skills.
Being pretty-much retired (2days/wk,2to3hrs/day) I get to the cave 1 to 8 hrs a day depending on project/mojo. When I was working the RR layout it was 8 to 10 per most days. The wingy thing has me down to a couple day & couple night when not doing Christmas stuff.
Paul, I am semi retired as well just work a couple of hours a day in the morning. Then do anything needed around the house. Then get to my bench.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Now that really is rather good....top notch work!! It's at that level of additions and scratchery that it almost seems a shame to paint.

ATB.

Andrew

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie

Is there not some sort of netting sack attached to collect the spent cartridges.?

John

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I wasn't going to mention it as it wasn't always present, but a wire mesh cage was affixed to some.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Seen it both ways.....I prefer it without the squirrel cage as you can see more of the Gun.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Paul...l mean Paul your level of detailling vehicles is absolutely FANTASTIC...more more l need to see moooore....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Flak 38 looks superb. You are right about the more to scale thickness shields - the PE just looks so much better.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Amazing stuff Scottie...gotta do something about the detail on the finger and thumb scaling by desausaging it. :smiling2: Like the others have said either a mesh cage or a sack of some sought to catch the empty shells. Most I've seen don't have them. Can't recall the one I saw at the AWM.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Your detail never ceases to amaze me Paul, I have enough trouble building out of the box models.

Andy.
Andy, to kind mate, trust me you don't have any trouble.
Now that really is rather good....top notch work!! It's at that level of additions and scratchery that it almost seems a shame to paint.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew, I agree mate some peoples details for example Ayrtom should never be painted.
Luv it Scottie. Top work my friend
Steve, really appreciated mate thank you.
Jus Booful man.....even though it lacks pewter, I think Mr. "T" would have been proud of you......I do miss him. :thumb2: Rick H.
Rick, I hope so mate, he amongst others are responsible for my journey to the dark side. And your right I miss his imput and amazing builds.
Scottie

Is there not some sort of netting sack attached to collect the spent cartridges.?

John
John. I think this was not fitted to all versions and I would struggle to fit one now with the shields in place.
I wasn't going to mention it as it wasn't always present, but a wire mesh cage was affixed to some.
Paul, I think your right there was no mention of it in the instructions.
Seen it both ways.....I prefer it without the squirrel cage as you can see more of the Gun.
Rick, I tend to agree I think it looks better without as well.
That looks the dogs mate
Mick, cheers Matey glad you approve.
Paul...l mean Paul your level of detailling vehicles is absolutely FANTASTIC...more more l need to see moooore....
Thanks Greg it's fun adding the detail.
Hi Scottie
Flak 38 looks superb. You are right about the more to scale thickness shields - the PE just looks so much better.
Jim
Jim, the kit shields would scale up to half an anvil thick lol.
Amazing stuff Scottie...gotta do something about the detail on the finger and thumb scaling by desausaging it. :smiling2: Like the others have said either a mesh cage or a sack of some sought to catch the empty shells. Most I've seen don't have them. Can't recall the one I saw at the AWM.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, glad you like it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Couldn't agree more, Mr. "T" was my best critic.........he always had a way of pushing me to go a little further with a build to get just a bit more out of it. ;)
Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Couldn't agree more, Mr. "T" was my best critic.........he always had a way of pushing me to go a little further with a build to get just a bit more out of it. ;)
Rick H.
Your right he would critic/advise but never insult. He would even detail the details lol.
Exquiste work Paul. The 20mm looks terrific!
Cheers
P
Paul, very kind of you mate thank you.