Tamiya 1/350 USS Fletcher

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Build is looking fine Bob.
Sorry you all must be sick and tired of my life.
Of course we're not. We are like a very extended family. We are all kind and supportive of each other. If it helps to share the s**t in your life then we are all there for you. Don't pack it all in, just take a break if you need to but stay around.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Ian and Jim.

If it was not for good friends on the site I would have gone nuts. Julie's my rock in an awful storm and keeps me going.

I jump every time the phone rings and visiting mum every day is hard as I do not know what mum I will see. According to the care home nurse the tumour is spreading more to the liver and kidneys as she's feeling sick a lot and pain is more regular. They have increased pain relief. I am hoping that she has a lovely sleep but doesn't wake up. Hopefully this does not come across as being cruel?

Thanks to you all

I am so sorry if my rambling has brought back sad memories of similar issues. It's not my intention.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Truly sorry for you Bob. I know exactly how you feel about the not waking up from sleep. It isn’t cruel of you, it is absolutely natural. I watched both my Mother and my Father in law struggling for breath and being completely unaware of their surroundings for weeks, and the end, when it came, was almost a relief. The stress at the time was incredible, and yours must be much worse, so don’t feel guilty for having these feelings.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Bob matey you heard the guys you are part of this exstened family so no leavin an you are NOT CRUEL on thinkin that it will be a blessed releif for your poor mum when it does happen an for you an juile so keep your chin up my freind :thinking:an as Ian has said yours is not the longest build on here by miles i think that title falls on me an my tiger build LOL:rolling:;):smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob matey any chance of some pics of your felcher you are doin as be nice to see what you are up to on it
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
BOB LOOKS GOOD an what type of stuff are you usein for riggin eg cotton /elestic cotton ? an yes horrible when gettin the shakes as i have found out
but well done bob
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bit more rigging done and that's it now for the sake of my nerves, photo taken against white background to hopefully show the rigging. Totally wrong layout but I don't care! Found using ca gel better than thin ca.
20240315_160428.jpg
Only problem is how to neatly trim the ends? Have sharp scissors but can't seem to close enough.

Reasonably happy.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Practice makes perfect...or something like that.
I found a new scalpel blade was good for trimming the rigging. Its just a question of touching it to the thread. Preferably on the correct side.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI BOB MATEY well looks good to me but you dint answer my qeustons in my last post but keep the good work comin
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
BOB LOOKS GOOD an what type of stuff are you usein for riggin eg cotton /elestic cotton ? an yes horrible when gettin the shakes as i have found out
but well done bob
chrisb
Hi Chris Ez line, loads on a reel, thankfully. Good pair of tweezers, cocktail stick to apply dab of gel and pray may at the ready!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris Ez line, loads on a reel, thankfully. Good pair of tweezers, cocktail stick to apply dab of gel and pray may at the ready!
well Bob it seems that your pray mat works an the ship looks worth a dogs dangleys lol as im havin a horrible time on that gatlin gun in my tomcat wish id never bought it a load of crap it was an im still strugglein to get the gun covers to fit what a bad fittin kit this is
chrisb

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
well Bob it seems that your pray mat works an the ship looks worth a dogs dangleys lol as im havin a horrible time on that gatlin gun in my tomcat wish id never bought it a load of crap it was an im still strugglein to get the gun covers to fit what a bad fittin kit this is
chrisb
Thanks Chris for showing interest

Far off the dogs doo dahs! So much to improve on