Warrior IFV with a few bits added

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very nice — APCs and IFVs almost cry out for an interior, and this one is looking good :smiling3:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Very nice — APCs and IFVs almost cry out for an interior, and this one is looking good :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko,
Getting very near the end for the interior, will be pleased when I can get onto the build phase. But agree that APC/IFV's do look better with the interior.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s IMHO the eternal problem of models with an interior: you’re basically building two kits in one, the interior and the rest of the vehicle. I’m always glad when the former is finished and the “real” model can begin :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wibble ,
Late unfortunately,so have bought a step ladder to be able to get a view over the heads of the gathered massive.
Yours Wobble .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is a toilet roll part of the normal equipment of a Warrior? :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I can't recall being in any Army vehicle that didn't have a roll of Army Form Blank in it some where.
It was a long time ago but!! I'm sure one of my ex Army workmates showed me a publication for 'squaddies' regards the use of; 'bog roll, soldiers for the use of'!! Or Defacating al la Pongo!!!! Am I imagining it or did such a document actually exist!!!!

Personally sticking ones stern section over the side of a ship was the navy way!!!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
So the hull halves are now joined, no real problems that three hands could not have solved - so while getting the front end glued the rear panel developed a life of its own... But not a real problem as the c/a actually helped lubricate it into place once the clamps were put to use. Left for a few hours and then went to work with the fillet/putty to fill in the few gaps and to re-profile the top of the door opening and roof profile, this was left overnight to dry and then sanded down.
Next it was time to do some work on the turret...
20230930_113253_HDR.jpg
This is the main centre turntable and ammo box storage and all fitted to the lower turret plate. Still more work to do here including adding the boxes to the inside of the turret itself.
20230930_150910_HDR.jpg
Some etch grills added along with some homemade tie downs ready for the shovels....
20230930_150834_HDR.jpg
Here you can see two of the three new mudguards fitted with part of the last one still attached to the fret in the lower right of the pic. And now time for a break...
Cheers
Mike.