We're off. RAF Sea King HAR

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Bourbon You say!! Now that's a "Treat" you can't beat!! ohh......just remembered, it's "Thirsty Thursday" I'll be getting my weekly ration of Steak and Whiskey here in the good ol' USA up Montana way....."Happy Hour" starts in an hour. Thats 1700 hrs. for those that knows!! Laters :thumb2: :thumb2:
Rick, I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you!!
In the UK, 'Bourbon' is an oblong chocolate biscuit with a cream filling!!! And definitely NOT alcoholic!!!
Bourbon.jpeg

So sorry - Doug!!
What's in a language huh!!! English, how could one language be so confusing!!!! :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi Doug,
Just had a catch up with this and it's looking excellent ,
Rotors do, indeed,look very natural, looking forward to the next development ;)
Thanks Andy. It's all so slow but I'm finding slow a suitable pace these days.
Now 40+ years ago!!! It would have been finished and possible set fire to OR been shot at with the duty air rifle!!!! (John ain't the only one with pyrotechnics in their past!!!!!) Which has me thinking - does that horrid acrid black smoke come off them? John?????

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
45 odd years ago there is no way I would be spending so much time on a plastic model kit!!
However, there is something quite therapeutic and satisfying fiddling getting things masked off and gaps filled then smoothed off.
Started using the Mr Surfacer 500 yesterday. Finding like most domestic fillers, it sinks slightly so benefits from a second application, building up layers.
One complaint though!! My tea maker was on strike!!! Wasn't advertised. Nothing gets you more than a lightning strike in the tea making department!!!! I should sack her! (But she does the ironing!!! )

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nah Doug........just switch over to yer favorite Adult beverage and no worry about faffing around and waiting for the water to come to boil etc...etc... ;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Rick, I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you!!
In the UK, 'Bourbon' is an oblong chocolate biscuit with a cream filling!!! And definitely NOT alcoholic!!!
View attachment 479791

So sorry - Doug!!
What's in a language huh!!! English, how could one language be so confusing!!!! :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:
Speak to a Yorkshireman, a Brummie and a Scouser at the same time - now that's confusing!! :loudly-crying:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
45 odd years ago there is no way I would be spending so much time on a plastic model kit!!
However, there is something quite therapeutic and satisfying fiddling getting things masked off and gaps filled then smoothed off.
Started using the Mr Surfacer 500 yesterday. Finding like most domestic fillers, it sinks slightly so benefits from a second application, building up layers.
One complaint though!! My tea maker was on strike!!! Wasn't advertised. Nothing gets you more than a lightning strike in the tea making department!!!! I should sack her! (But she does the ironing!!! )
MY GOD the tea maker on strike is nothing sacred yes yes sack her but make sure you she gets the iroinin done firstly lol

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
MY GOD the tea maker on strike is nothing sacred yes yes sack her but make sure you she gets the iroinin done firstly lol
I'm unsure as to whether you're utterly courageous or daft as a brush mate - at least put the water in the iron for her ...!
Steve (this is a pseudonym remember)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Andy. It's all so slow but I'm finding slow a suitable pace these days.
Now 40+ years ago!!! It would have been finished and possible set fire to OR been shot at with the duty air rifle!!!! (John ain't the only one with pyrotechnics in their past!!!!!) Which has me thinking - does that horrid acrid black smoke come off them? John?????
I know nothing ! :nerd::smiling2:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Had a good day with the airbrush. First real day I have done any serious work with it. Had a tinker and fiddle, much as I did for a few minutes today.
Mixed some primer and water, 50:50 mix. Just as well I only mixed a little as the spread was too small and so had to make some adjustments to the spread of paint. After some fiddling, (excuse the tech speak!!!) I was satisfied with the amount and spread. Mixed up more paint and started. Light coats to build it up. Lost count at 5, ran out of digits on the left hand!!, finally ended up with what I thought was a good even coat.
So, first attempt at a large, (if you can call a 1:72 scale large), painting job. Now to leave it 24 hours and start on the final coats.
IMG_0706.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Had a good day with the airbrush. First real day I have done any serious work with it. Had a tinker and fiddle, much as I did for a few minutes today.
Mixed some primer and water, 50:50 mix. Just as well I only mixed a little as the spread was too small and so had to make some adjustments to the spread of paint. After some fiddling, (excuse the tech speak!!!) I was satisfied with the amount and spread. Mixed up more paint and started. Light coats to build it up. Lost count at 5, ran out of digits on the left hand!!, finally ended up with what I thought was a good even coat.
So, first attempt at a large, (if you can call a 1:72 scale large), painting job. Now to leave it 24 hours and start on the final coats.
View attachment 479881
HI Doug that( S/K thats tech speak lol ) is lookin great just like my merlin on my norfolk PITY it was not made to work but its great an did you sack that tea's maid lol ?
chrisb

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
HI Doug that( S/K thats tech speak lol ) is lookin great just like my merlin on my norfolk PITY it was not made to work but its great an did you sack that tea's maid lol ?
chrisb
She's had a 211th warning that this sort of thing will not be tolerated!!!! (Of course she was out of the room at the time!!!).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
She's had a 211th warning that this sort of thing will not be tolerated!!!! (Of course she was out of the room at the time!!!).
well to warn her 211 times she must have always been out of the room lol an you dint want to get a black eye did you Doug lol
chrisb

• Haha
Reactions: JR