Winter patrol

P

Polux

Hello to all.

My second project places in winter of 43.

Chill day, empty streets, desolate people and a Kpfw IV Ausf. G patrolling with panzer riders transported on him. My intention is to "freeze" the diorama. A source with frozen water, puddles of ice between the cobbles and snow.

To create this scene I will use these articles:

Pz. Kpfw the IVth Ausf. G - Dragoon (6363)

Winter Panzer Riders - Dragoon (6513)

German Village - Verlinden (2590)

Regards

Polux

View attachment 36392

View attachment 36393

View attachment 36394

View attachment 36395

View attachment 36396

P1010481.jpg

p1010482.jpg

p1010483.jpg

p1010484.jpg

p1010485.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Lookin good Polux

P

Polux

Hello Folks!

I have started doing color in the general set and painting a bit the cobbles. Now I'm "fighting" with the manufacture of the pools of ice, in the photos still they are not seen well, I hope that in the near ones they are better. The buildings are modified behind and they have the soil of the first plant, now will decor his interior with wood and other extras and the soldiers are already prepared to paint.

View attachment 31891View attachment 31892View attachment 31893View attachment 31894

Regards

View attachment 36863

View attachment 36864

View attachment 36865

View attachment 36866

PzIV6.jpg

PzIV7.jpg

PzIV8.jpg

PzIV9.jpg

J

JFJ

Hi Polux

the dio looks fantastic so far. But may I make a comment please? You could consider arranging the buildings together (without the spaces inbetween). This removes the unwanted space between them and you will make the "walkways" in front and beside the buildings more or less the same width.

Adrian

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Polux, this is coming together very nicely and has all the makings of a great diorama.

Ron

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux the dio looks fantastic so far. But may I make a comment please? You could consider arranging the buildings together (without the spaces inbetween). This removes the unwanted space between them and you will make the "walkways" in front and beside the buildings more or less the same width.

Adrian
Hello Adrian,I excuses for not answering before, tape-worm problems to publish photos, and an image costs more than thousand words. I don't also like very much these spaces between buildings, but if I join the blocks, the roofs don't fit and it does not seem that they were staying likely if "it was cutting them away". Verlinden's kit includes these small walls, which can be replaced with a few sheets of plastic up to the height of the roof. (To see photos with and without tank). The space of ahead I can create more surface behind (4-5 cm) to enlarge the space and to increase the diorama.

I wait for your replay, Thanks.

Hi Ron. Thanks, I'm with a lot of illusion to create a good diorama, and wait to obtain it. :weight1:

Regards

Polux

View attachment 32020View attachment 32021View attachment 32022

View attachment 36957

View attachment 36958

View attachment 36959

PzIV11.jpg

PzIV12.jpg

PzIV13.jpg

J

JFJ

Oops sorry I didn't notice that. My apologies. It looks wonderful with the gaps closed now.

Adrian

S

Sky Raider

And another one, you must have a spare pair of hands my friend.

Well done so far

Andy

P

Polux

Hi to all!!

This weekend I have done some thing ... already ... very little, but I promise that this will change.

The building of the center starts having color (the yellow one will be softer after the weathering). And the big building already has the cap of imprimer.

With plaster I have made the small mounds that later will be snow.

And at the moment not more.

Thanks for looking!!

Polux

View attachment 34384View attachment 34385View attachment 34386View attachment 34387

View attachment 38881

View attachment 38882

View attachment 38883

View attachment 38884

PzIV14.jpg

PzIV15.jpg

PzIV16.jpg

PzIV17.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. Great shading on those buildings. I've never done a dio myself, but can spend ages staring at them trying to take in all the detail.

Colin M.........

P

Polux

Hi Colin

Thank you for your comments!!

To do one gave it's really interesting, even more if there are buildings in him, the possibilities are enormous. In this one I am preparing all kinds of extras (table with his plates, boxes, posters...).

I advise you to do one!!!

Regards

Polux

P

Polux

:cold2:

Hi to all!!!

It has started snowing!! That nice!!!

Here comes a photos of the soil. There are two textures of snow and also different tonalities of color. Once trodden the snow remains dirty....

It starts having snow also in the roofs and the "mansion" is decorated already of inside, is absent the interior weathearing and the figures.

I wait you like it!!!

Thanks for looking!!

Polux

View attachment 35541View attachment 35542View attachment 35543

View attachment 39995

View attachment 39996

View attachment 39997

winter.jpg

winter1.jpg

winter2.jpg

B

Boldman

That is spectacular, that snow is very effective! The houses are coming along nicely and since nobody has mentioned it before I like the tank too :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice, and the snow is very life like.

Tony.