Winter patrol

P

Polux

\ said:
I think you've done a wonderful job there Polux! Even though it's not entirely done, it looks great. My only point is will there be a crew for the Mk 4?Cheers

Patrick
Now you make me think about it Patrick... and NOT!!!!

I never thought about it, forget it!!! That a bigger trump, and now what?

Mmmm...if I say you, all the crew are playing cards inside the tank....? Outside is cold...

Thank's Patrick to see it!! Like this advice.

Regards

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
That looks brilliant Polux.You say you have problems taking pictures of the illuminated windows and lamps. Can I ask what camera you have. I/we might be able to give a few tips.

Ian M
It's a very old camera, of the first "digitals" that existed!! To say only that it is squared and thick, and after few photos in zoom (10, no more) it consumes all the batteries ... a disaster...

But don't worry Ian!! Somehow or other, you all will have good photos and some by night!!! I will look for the way of managing it.

Thanks for your comments.

Polux

P

Polux

Hi mates!!!

Thanks to all for your fantastics comments!!!

Excuse, I left myself to go for the request of photos in black and white!! Not remember if I save the modification of the photos, if it's not, I will put the same ones in color to be able to observe the deference.

Thank you all again, I'm glad if you all like the diorama.

Best regards

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
that would be cool poluxmobear
Thanks Ole!!

In a few hours I will publish the color photos (new ones...because, yesterday pics I save in B/W)

Cheers

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You should be able to put the camera on a tripod (or a chair with books on to adjust the hight). put the camera on auto. Turn the diorama lights on and dim the room lights, then either vary carefully push the button or use the timer release.

Ian M

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Wow buddy this is one fantastic dio every part of the dio is bang on love the work on the figures really top notch build polux....

Geegad

M

mobear

W......O.......W and thankyou for the coloured ones,this is just so life like,you have captured a nice feel and all the weathering is totally ace.once again thanx polux,5*s and a cheeky 1/2 just for the colour pics lol

mobear

First Name
Aaron
Hey Polux great job!

is the guy riding the panzer a war amputee? hes missing a hand :haha:

The pics look good and the snow looks fantastic and cold.

P

Polux

\ said:
Hey Polux great job!is the guy riding the panzer a war amputee? hes missing a hand :haha:

The pics look good and the snow looks fantastic and cold.
Hi Aaron!

No,no... It's not a war amputee!! He's not finished yet!!

Thanks for your comments mates!

Regards

Polux

N

noble

\ said:
What an excelent piece of work, nice story line your figures are great and i really like the panzerIV well done.

scott

C

CDW

Thats great work Polux.

Theres a nice balance of everything in the dio, lots to look at but isn't cluttered.

P

Polux

Hi Mates!!

Finally I can say the "Winter Patrol" is Finished!!! Oh my God!!! :thumbsup:

But... I have a bad news... With my nerves and a simple wrong moviment, while I was preparing everything, I have broken accidentally the electrical cables of the lampposts!! I cannot believe it!!! Now there is impossible to weld again, without destroying the whole soil, thing that I will not do!!

I will miss these small lights!! That nice one saw in the darkness ... that is bad luck!!

:smile3:

Only a light works, that of the house!! :emo2:

Tomorrow I will do a few good photos (will try) and on Tuesday I will publish them. I would like to publish here, but do not if is it correct, probably to open a new thread in dioramas?? (moderator advice)

I am very satisfied with the final result and especially with the snow and the ice! I have learned very much and have amused myself a "heap"!! I have to return do other one!!!

Thanks for looking friends!!

Best regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Shame about the light!

You can post the pictures in the diorama section. Just make sure thre are lots of them!!!

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes sorry to hear about the lights, but still a stunning diorama Polux. I'm looking forward to the final photos

C

CDW

You say the cables are broken/snapped?

There's a little trick i've used that may work if you can still get to the cables. ... basically if you can still see the cable/wire you can normally fix it with this method.

If you attach a dress makers pin to each end of some thin electric wire you can use the pins and stick them into the existing cable (through the plastic insulation/covering or into the ends of the cable) and rejoin the broken circuit.

This can be a permenant fix if you can hide the new wire from view.

P

Polux

\ said:
You say the cables are broken/snapped?There's a little trick i've used that may work if you can still get to the cables. ... basically if you can still see the cable/wire you can normally fix it with this method.

If you attach a dress makers pin to each end of some thin electric wire you can use the pins and stick them into the existing cable (through the plastic insulation/covering or into the ends of the cable) and rejoin the broken circuit.

This can be a permenant fix if you can hide the new wire from view.
Thanks friends!!

And thanks Colin for this great advice.

But it is impossible to weld without raising the soil. The lampposts are in front of the diorama, and they cross the whole set up to behind the houses. In the average point (if I do not remember badly) the weld was there. The cables were in a few small channels, if I do not break the soil it is impossible to come them!

I am very obstinate, in my next diorama I will return to put light, and with better luck!!

Hi Ian, I will publish 26 photos!! Hope it's Ok!!

Thanks for looking

Best regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Polux 26 photos! No Problem! It is such a great diorama I will enjoy each and every one of them.

Ian M