1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Awesome work. You must be having a ball! It's all going so well. Great use of straws. Looking forward to seeing the next update. Keep up the great work my friend

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Awesome work. You must be having a ball! It's all going so well. Great use of straws. Looking forward to seeing the next update. Keep up the great work my friend
Thank Steve, primed and ready for top coat when I can decided what colour to use steel wise.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Apologies. Got a bit behind on this. It really is coming together very nicely indeed.

ATB

Andrew

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A pipefitter as well as a joiner & mason. Looking good. PaulE
Hi Paul thank you very kind of you to say:thumb2:

Jack 'O all Trades......does "Matron" know of these hidden talents JR.?? :smiling3:
Rick H.

No Rick, don't want Matron knowing any more than she does !!!!

John

Apologies. Got a bit behind on this. It really is coming together very nicely indeed.

ATB

Andrew
No problem Andrew, thanks for looking in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today started with a frosty view of the estate, not going to enjoy gardening tomorrow, think shed and green house tidying might be the choice.

Getting ready to paint those metal window frames, just finished the smashed up ones, also glued the large pipe work supports on.Gutters have had end caps fitted ant sanded , so tomorrow afternoon painting the pipes and gutters. During a TIDY UP , yes a tidy up I managed to throw away the roofing templates, JUST SHOWS how doing this causes more work. :crying:
Not thought about the water anymore, tried to bend some plastic sheet to produce a section of a sunken boat, but the harder then I though when using boiling water. So that is on hold for the moment. Thought about making a solid template, like wall filler, shaping it to a rough shape and heating a plastic sheet over the top of it, so it softens and takes the shape of the filler. Any ideas please ?

2020_6.jpg

2020_11_2AS.jpg

2020_7.jpg
Ended up using CA, any normal glue like TXT just stuck the sections to the tile I was using to glue on.

2020_8_2A.jpg

Wanted the above and the other one to look as if the metal frames had been blown out of the window openings. Will paint and then attempt to have some small traces of glass attatched. The glass will stand out as it will be blacked out glass to hide any light escaping.

Very pleased with these 6 part pipe supports, took some time , but feel they were worth the effort.

2020_10_2A.jpg

2020_9_2A.jpg

Thanks for looking in, comments good bad or indifferent welcome.

John.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Outstanding job. Those doors remind me of ones they used to ship over here to the States from old Castles back in your land I would haul them to different antique dealers in southwest Missouri

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice JR.........looking Knackered, as it should.....keep up the good work. Rick H :thumb2:
Thanks Rick.

Love the broken windows and the pipe supports, miniature building at it's best.

Andy.
Thanks Andy .

Hi John
Love it :smiling: Not sure how to make you're sunken boat.

..... tut tut tut - you need more practice at tidying :tongue-out3:
Jim
See being tidy has its disadvantages ! And no I'm not going to practice more, even though Christine your agent says you're quite right :upside:

Tremendous John, superb!
Cheers Bob, even the green for the windows and doors Is a German camo colour !
Thought you would appreciate that.:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:.

John. Outstanding job. Those doors remind me of ones they used to ship over here to the States from old Castles back in your land I would haul them to different antique dealers in southwest Missouri

Lee thanks my friend.Hope your improving .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No photos,I can hear the cheers , but lots done, painting those window frames. Being so small and using a likewise brush they take ages. Think I spent at least 3 hrs this afternoon just painting. When they are complete it will be time to repaint the blacked out glass, followed by a thin coat of canopy glue, this gave a perfect glass look to the black when I first started.

Before I painted by brush I attempted to spray some Vallejo steel colour, my word what a mess. The bottle had great strings of paint inside, although it came out of the bottle easily it bocked the AB. After several cleans and in the end straining the paint it worked. The bottle was nearly empty by this time and upon opening I was supprised to find the lumps of paint. This happened even with 2 ball bearings in. The temperature of the cave goes no lower than 50f. Any one else had this happen with this paint.

John .