First Name
John

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening from Race Towers.

Been a good day finishing the major assembly, still a lot to do , those little things that catch the eye. With out more ado.

Started by gluing the supports at the back.

2020.jpg
The lower sections have been painted black as the doors will be open .

2020_2.jpg
Little more to do on the pipe and of course the edge of the brickwork to the base.

2020_4.jpg

Drinking straws have been used for smaller pipes and those flexible parts are perfect for corner joints. Will be weathered tomorrow.

2020_9.jpg
Two sets used on the right hand .

2020_7.jpg
Pleased with the sign .

2020_5.jpg

Doors on, black backing had already been fitted, bottom of doors need a little touching up.

2020_6.jpg

The flange will need a little attention, I cleaned up the paint work using 800 grit wet and dry on the pipe.

Comments welcome, thanks for staying with this.

John.

Attachments

• 2020_3.jpg
    2020_3.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2020_8.jpg
    2020_8.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 6

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
SUPER... love it..i can't wait to see the final reveal...

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great plumbing, still can't get over how well your paving stones came out. PaulE

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great seeing this come together, 453.
Thoroughly and totally a pleasure to watch.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

That really is turning out to be an exceptional set of building fronts. And I genuinely mean that.

The one looking straight into the little recess at the small door in particular, looks very realistic and almost lifelike.

My only criticism, and it is a small one, is that there seems to be lack of any combustion, fires or major conflagrations...... ;)

This really is going to look amazing once finished.

ATB.

Andrew

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This is great stuff John. Colouration is spot on and attention to detail is first rate.
Thanks Tim for your kind comment.

Evening John,
Getting better and better mate.....Nice touch with the no smoking sign :thumb2:
Thanks Si, just printed out some Gothic style on Word and stuck it on that piece of stirrer. Left it smaller than the wood to look more like a sign .

Tremendous bit of work John, very realistic.

Andy.
Thanks Andy .

Outbloodystanding
Paul cheers .

Superb John. Looks like you're having fun.

John
Cheers John, I am indeed .:thumb2:

Loving it. You're excelling yourself here.
Thank you Peter, kind of you to say .

SUPER... love it..i can't wait to see the final reveal...
Not long Greg, about another week or two ! Glad you like it .
Great plumbing, still can't get over how well your paving stones came out. PaulE
Thanks Paul, your not the only one, Christine even mentioned them looking real !
Great seeing this come together, 453.
Thoroughly and totally a pleasure to watch.

570 Glad you approve and are enjoying it.Thank you .

John

That really is turning out to be an exceptional set of building fronts. And I genuinely mean that.

The one looking straight into the little recess at the small door in particular, looks very realistic and almost lifelike.

My only criticism, and it is a small one, is that there seems to be lack of any combustion, fires or major conflagrations...... ;)

This really is going to look amazing once finished.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew at the beging I had thought of burning the timber joists, as I have done before, but these buildings had metal sectional roof supports, so unfortunately no fire , just damage .
Thank you for the comments about it liking real .

Cheers Neil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd have liked more roof, but in keeping it within the base size ment cutting it back .
Can't have it all ways. Thanks for the great comments, only fellow modellers can really appreciate the work that is put into our hobby.
John .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John, just had another look through and still think it’s great. One thing that stands out to me though is should there be some sort of flashing where the pipes enter the building? They wouldn’t be weathertight otherwise....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, just had another look through and still think it’s great. One thing that stands out to me though is should there be some sort of flashing where the pipes enter the building? They wouldn’t be weathertight otherwise....
Yes Tim I did see that, need to address it , should have really made the holes before the scribing, then could have done circular brickwork .Of course I never think that far ahead, :crying: will have to add some filler, cement coloured.
Several other small details to be done, including jointing collars on the drain pipes into the ground, and some cabling fixed to the walls. Anything else please shout out, even thought about a light, but considering it's wartime maybe they didn't have any .