1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No photos as still painting those window sections, green metal parts are done, have finished the touching up of the blackened out window glass. Takes for ever :nerd:, but loving every minute.
Hopefully might start to assemble the building over the weekend !

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
No photos John? Having so much fun is it that you've forgotten to charge the batteries to your camera...naughty boy. I can see the results of the party...you animal you...real nice, steel window and bars artistically distorted. I leave you alone for a while and you make these wonderful structures.

Wonder what will happen when you set upon your crayons. :smiling6::smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL John the guys have said it all so i'll just say BRILLIANT WORK that man have looked right through this an enjoyed it an learned a bit also :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning and greetings to those in a different hemisphere or parallel universe !

Paint on Sir. Rick H.
Thanks Rick, this morning will adding the finer details and then the assembly starts

No photos John? Having so much fun is it that you've forgotten to charge the batteries to your camera...naughty boy. I can see the results of the party...you animal you...real nice, steel window and bars artistically distorted. I leave you alone for a while and you make these wonderful structures.

Wonder what will happen when you set upon your crayons. :smiling6::smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard
Richard I'm not allowed crayons since I drew on Miss Jones blackboard, the least said about that the better !
Thank you for the comment about the steel, getting those sections to stay in place when glued with such a small surface area was a matter of luck.

He'll probably wonder what happened to the Hibiscus one!!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::rolling:
? It's too early :smiling2:only 10.06 bit of a lie in with breakfast in bed. It's a hard life ;)

WELL John the guys have said it all so i'll just say BRILLIANT WORK that man have looked right through this an enjoyed it an learned a bit also :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris
Hi Chris thanks for looking through , hope what you learnt was worth it .

Was going to explain what to day will bring, but have been asked to get up :confused: so with out more ado good bye for now, all will be revealed later .

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well there would have been photos, but started to make some flanges for the pipe. As I have no circle cutter I had to cut them by hand, 8 in total, shape then glue 2 together to thicken, then stated to glue on 12 bolts.
Have 1 done and stopped for the night, no point in rushing on this stage.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Chris , now I have something to show this is were I'm up too.

Only part of the building done so far.

2020_4.jpg

2020_5.jpg
More to do on the pipe work yet.

2020_3.jpg
Thanks for staying with this, comments welcome.
Off for tea will be back later.

John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's an awesome building JR. Your efforts have definitely paid huge dividends.......getting "antsy" to see how this all comes together.
Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good evening Mr R,
Lovely bit of pipe fitting John, great job on the flanges in particular....hope you didn’t forget the gaskets and you’ve nipped your bolts evenly, don’t want any leaks do we ;).

I like the fire damage ....this is coming along very nicely :nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's an awesome building JR. Your efforts have definitely paid huge dividends.......getting "antsy" to see how this all comes together.
Rick H.
Cheers Rick.

John,
That mate is outstanding love the extra detail like the safety chain and the bolt details.

Thanks Paul, some things just come to me as I build, certainly not planned. Realised the pipe work needed some detail, didn't have time to buy some washers so hence the hand made parts.

Wow John, that pipework looks amazing.
Thank you Andy .

Brilliant work John, this is going to look amazing.

Andy.
Cheers Andy .:thumb2:

Dandy details! PaulE
Thanks Paul glad you approve .

Looking great John!
Andy
Andy thank you so much, coming from you that means a lot .

That is truly fabulous, John!

Neil thanks, when pros like you and Andy think so it's great.

Good evening Mr R,
Lovely bit of pipe fitting John, great job on the flanges in particular....hope you didn’t forget the gaskets and you’ve nipped your bolts evenly, don’t want any leaks do we ;).

I like the fire damage ....this is coming along very nicely :nerd:
Ha:smiling3::smiling3::nerd: as you are well aware the bolts needed to be evenly tightened, with gaskets and plumbers mate used !
Thanks all, means a lot to have such kind comments from some great modelers.