John, this is a whole new you. The build is fantastic. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
John, a really impressive and inspiring work.
I enjoyed every second while catching up with your work after a 10 days gap.
Andrea

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Afternoon my friend

Just catching up and I must say this is jaw dropping work. You must be really pleased with how this project is progressing. Stunning work and worthy of all the positive feedback you are receiving. Keep up the awesome work my friend

My only slight criticism is the blue headed pins are a little bit out of scale. ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Gentlemen and thank you for your very kind comments.

John, this is a whole new you. The build is fantastic. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

John, a really impressive and inspiring work.
I enjoyed every second while catching up with your work after a 10 days gap.
Andrea

Hi John
Quite simply superb. Many of those photos could easily be mistaken for the real thing.
Jim

Afternoon my friend

Just catching up and I must say this is jaw dropping work. You must be really pleased with how this project is progressing. Stunning work and worthy of all the positive feedback you are receiving. Keep up the awesome work my friend

My only slight criticism is the blue headed pins are a little bit out of scale. ;)

:smiling3::nerd:

While waiting for the regular delivery of vittles from Race Towers suppler I've been applying a spot up the drain pipes, done the filling around the pipe work. Later hope to check on the brick work and around the base. Also those door to be detailed.

John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just saw this post..........glad you finally got pics up ........Tremendous results on this JR and as Paul said the cobbles are the Bomb......really sets the whole scene. looking forward to the rest of the additions. :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just saw this post..........glad you finally got pics up ........Tremendous results on this JR and as Paul said the cobbles are the Bomb......really sets the whole scene. looking forward to the rest of the additions. :thumb2:
Thanks Rick.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all, lets start with the news that my building has come under rather what I consider harsh criticism for an old member of Military Modelling on the face book page for that group. Talk about feeling crushed, not supprising I've since left that face book group.
Brick work was incorrect where the jib was, pipe work placement wrong. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, but this was a bit much. It appears he is some sort of building engineer and just had to prove a point.:angry:

Since then I have felt somewhat deflated, but rivit counters can really kill the mo jo, as many of us know.

Any way today I did the filling around the pipes, did some rust sponge work on the pipe and painted the line between brick and stone sets.
Started the roof, but after two sheets gave up, going to have to look for some better glue apart from PUR , tried PVA, that didn't work or did ca. If anyone has any ideas please say.

2020.jpg

John.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

try this stuff it says it will stick anything. It's like an extra strong white glue.

glue.jpg

John

• Love

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What happened to you John is exactly why I maintain and admit to, a near enough approach to making models, it's my model! This keeps me safe from 'Smart a**e' comments of the like you have received from this to***r!

I have no time for any modellers who criticize other folks good endeavors. No matter what the reason. Let them do better.......It's usually these same people who can't do anywhere near as good a job, who are first in line to gain 'Points' by trying to be clever.... Jealousy is usually the driving force.

Luckily, such an attitude are almost unknown on here.

Helpful suggestions I can willingly accept, but NOT criticism in any form - to or from anybody.

St**f them 453!

Just keep doing your stuff and keep producing your most excellent models - The 'Wonky brickwork and dodgy pipework', we will just have to put up with!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What happened to you John is exactly why I maintain and admit to, a near enough approach to making models, it's my model! This keeps me safe from 'Smart a**e' comments of the like you have received from this to***r!

I have no time for any modellers who criticize other folks good endeavors. No matter what the reason. Let them do better.......It's usually these same people who can't do anywhere near as good a job, who are first in line to gain 'Points' by trying to be clever.... Jealousy is usually the driving force.

Luckily, such an attitude are almost unknown on here.

Helpful suggestions I can willingly accept, but NOT criticism in any form - to or from anybody.

St**f them 453!

Just keep doing your stuff and keep producing your most excellent models - The 'Wonky brickwork and dodgy pipework', we will just have to put up with!

Thank you 570 oh think your right about why.
Not going to bother with any other forum again.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ron +1 here as well. Nothing wrong with rivet counting, but only if it’s you counting the rivets! Ignore them John. I stopped looking at that site a long time ago.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Like "dodgey" plumbing and "wonky" brick laying does not exist in the real world??.......this "Clown" is probably still living in his parents basement!!
Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi John,

Sorry to read about your work being picked at. Your buildings are really very good John, I certainly couldn’t achieve what you do, so hold your head high mate!

Unfortunately some decent Facebook groups are spoiled by the odd moron.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Forgot to say John. Try evo stick contact or silicon bath sealer for sticking the corrugated sheet on the building.

First Name
Andy
John, ignore the critic, what does he know he is only a building engineer. ;) Your work is nothing short of brilliant and as long as it pleases you that is all that matters at the end of the day even though we all know how good it is.

Andy.