1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad to hear the new airbrush is working well. I have to use the optivisor too when putting mine on.... And I have varifocal lenses in my glasses already....:loudly-crying:.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
Hi Andrew, nice to see I'm not the only one then . If the nozzle was any smaller I'd have to go to a 3.5 lens !

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
.....on the other hand the nozzle fitted to the Iwatta HP range is large and self Centering, You could put it in blindfolded.....
Seriously John, glad this one is working out for you....l

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi JR, Haven't used the brushes yet.......just got the remaining bits for the wet palette and I also invested in a rinse well, so will have an endless supply of fresh clean water while learning the "ins and outs" of working with acrylics. I'll be pestering a certain Mr. Marlow for all the expertise I can squeeze him for so's I can get a handle on it asap. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
.....on the other hand the nozzle fitted to the Iwatta HP range is large and self Centering, You could put it in blindfolded.....
Seriously John, glad this one is working out for you....l
Now you tell me Tim .:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:.
I didn't think , even with watching videos of it being stripped as to how small it is. That said I just have to be aware when removing / refitting as I don't think if it falls on the floor I'll ever see it again ! :smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi JR, Haven't used the brushes yet.......just got the remaining bits for the wet palette and I also invested in a rinse well, so will have an endless supply of fresh clean water while learning the "ins and outs" of working with acrylics. I'll be pestering a certain Mr. Marlow for all the expertise I can squeeze him for so's I can get a handle on it asap. Rick H.
Rise Well , sounds intriguing, will have to look that up Rick.

Back, had a look at some on Amazon, neat idea.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rise Well , sounds intriguing, will have to look that up Rick.

Back, had a look at some on Amazon, neat idea.
Intriguing idea aren't they..... At the same time look like a bit of a gimmick but also useful. A lot of the reviews say the same thing.

ATB.

Andrew

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Pleased to hear you're getting on well with your new airbrush John, and the results do look good. Let me know if you need a good home for your old H & S as I've been thinking of looking for a second one.
Pete

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Intriguing idea aren't they..... At the same time look like a bit of a gimmick but also useful. A lot of the reviews say the same thing.

ATB.

Andrew
Afraid Andrew I have a plastic hair spray lid, glued onto a larger lid to stop it being knocked over, just empty it and refill as required . Will do for the moment .

Pleased to hear you're getting on well with your new airbrush John, and the results do look good. Let me know if you need a good home for your old H & S as I've been thinking of looking for a second one.
Pete

Pete, thanks, very pleased with it. I have decided to keep the bodies and in time refit with new needles, etc, they will come in useful at some point I'm sure. If I change my mind I'll let you have first pick.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well nothing exciting happened at the bench, but there was excitement when Christine filmed a Mouse taking seed and running back towards the Tumble Dryer air vent.
Alarm bells were sounded, full fighting gear was issued and a sweep made of the top end of the cave. No interlopers were found, until I removed the other side vent cover, there was the nest. Luckily no one was in so an eviction was made. Bearing in mind that the said mouse had no tenancy agreement and was untidy, so a health hazard.

Thus followed as you can imagined a cleaning of the area, vacuuming first followed by disinfectant of the floor and where the Mouse had been.
Later Christine saw the mouse again, but it was foiled by a blanking plate held by a brick. A new cover has been made as is waiting for the sealer to dry prior to painting.
So another day at the bench lost, hopefully tomorrow I will get some time.

Dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John,
Hopefully all your air brush woes are behind you now.
Hi Paul, yes let's hope so. Going to do some pre shading after some chipping fluid is sprayed on. Don't want a lot of chipping, just on the wheels and the odd parts on the decking. Think it can be easily over done.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Well nothing exciting happened at the bench, but there was excitement when Christine filmed a Mouse taking seed and running back towards the Tumble Dryer air vent.
Alarm bells were sounded, full fighting gear was issued and a sweep made of the top end of the cave. No interlopers were found, until I removed the other side vent cover, there was the nest. Luckily no one was in so an eviction was made. Bearing in mind that the said mouse had no tenancy agreement and was untidy, so a health hazard.

Thus followed as you can imagined a cleaning of the area, vacuuming first followed by disinfectant of the floor and where the Mouse had been.
Later Christine saw the mouse again, but it was foiled by a blanking plate held by a brick. A new cover has been made as is waiting for the sealer to dry prior to painting.
So another day at the bench lost, hopefully tomorrow I will get some time.

Dzhon.
You need a cat!
Pete

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Afraid Andrew I have a plastic hair spray lid, glued onto a larger lid to stop it being knocked over, just empty it and refill as required . Will do for the moment .
Know what you mean. I have a limitless supply of short/wide yoghurt pots and I model in the kitchen, so it's not like I have far to go the tap!

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You need a cat!
Pete
Ha, nice one Pete, we have mice in side the pond filter wooden box, there no trouble , its warm , plenty to eat and drink, but don't want them in the house ! Hopefully the local Hawk may see it, our neighbours cat is so old he can't get over the fence anymore.:crying: The last time he did he fell into the pond :surprised:.

First Name
Andy
John, I take it your nozzle is the same as the bottom one in the picture below which is out of my Bartsharp AB, the top one is from my Iwata HP CS, much easier to handle.
51112391463_4413b3d6b0_b.jpg
Best take great care when cleaning it, I dropped the small one and it took about 15 minutes of combing the carpet to find it.

Andy.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
sorry John very late into this one,some very nice work hear,do like the detail kit,always mace a big differences ;) to a build,

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Must admit that I'm like you John, don't mind mice outside, but they can't come indoors - we've a vole who lives near the house, it doesn't get bothered, and will often have a look at what we're doing if we're on the patio (it's given my wife and my son a surprise, just popping out to have a look!)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, I take it your nozzle is the same as the bottom one in the picture below which is out of my Bartsharp AB, the top one is from my Iwata HP CS, much easier to handle.
View attachment 419860
Best take great care when cleaning it, I dropped the small one and it took about 15 minutes of combing the carpet to find it.

Andy.
Andy.
Yes indeed it WAS ! Made the stupid mistake of trying to refit it with out as I had said with a container underneath and off it went, so far we can't find it, a full sweep has been made. Can't phaf about so ordered two more and a spare needle !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Before the after the above loss I had put some chipping fluid on in places by brush, then sprayed some dark 4BO Added some black ) then once dry normal 4BO./ A few places will need a touch up.Once it had dried I did the chipping.

2020_8.jpg2020_4.jpg

2020_14.jpg

2020_17.jpg2020_18.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2020_2.jpg
    2020_2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good John.

A very nice green!! And without starting a "what's the correct colour debate", it didn't look that far off a late war British SCC15 simple Vallejo mix I came across.

ATB.

Andrew

Ps sorry to hear about the nozzle woes.