1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Again no modelling today, Management and I are going to the garden center this afternoon !
First time we've actually gone out to one for over a year.
No doubt much spending will occur, the car will be full to the brim.
Oh happy days.
Bye for now .
Have fun!

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I know that feeling JR.....it has been unseasonably cold here as well......so much for "Global Warming"! ;)
Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Boy, What a bunch of weenies!!! I went to work, then went to the store twice, filled my rucksack and came back home. It's been snowing all day with high winds and I'm riding my bike everywhere!!! Weenies I say.......................

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yeah,.......you tell 'em Allen, I got up, got a cup of coffee....took my blood pressure(normal).....sat in the window and took in the view......and now I'm on my second cup of coffee!!!.........Whew, what an exhausting morning!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out::tongue-out2::thumb2: Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I know that feeling JR.....it has been unseasonably cold here as well......so much for "Global Warming"! ;)
Rick H.
Same here John, was going to pick up some gardening supplies but decided to stay in and put the kettle on :smiling5:
Boy, What a bunch of weenies!!! I went to work, then went to the store twice, filled my rucksack and came back home. It's been snowing all day with high winds and I'm riding my bike everywhere!!! Weenies I say.......................

Prost
Allen
I thank you for your concern over the oldies going out in this weather.:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:.
I can quite see why bears sleep in the winter and only come out again when it's warmer !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Been tempted to try hibernating myself, but always too much to do.
Still, the snow has gone - for now, anyway.
We hope Gerry to think I spent the last few years till I retired working out side with spells in the workshop in all weather's and never thought any thing about it . Gone soft since I retired .:crying:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
We hope Gerry to think I spent the last few years till I retired working out side with spells in the workshop in all weather's and never thought any thing about it . Gone soft since I retired .:crying:
Similar for me - in and out of the cab every few minutes, doing palletised deliveries in all weathers

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There will now follow a short break to this build, while I strip the paint from the model and look for a new ab.
Why I hear you ask. Well the H&S ab are so messed up they are going into the scrap bin.:surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::poop::poop::poop:

I'd messed up the needles and nozzles some time ago. Spent more money replacing those to no avail. Next I changed the inner seals, a little better, but still not right. After this afternoon when I attempted to spray a clear coat of chipping fluid which was a battle of continues cleaning of the nozzle, then when the hull was dry I tried the new AK 3RD gen 4BO. All I managed to do was to get loads of back flow up the side of the hull and up the spray booth sides. There comes a time when enough is enough. They work perfectly airwise without and nozzle on, but as soon as I fit a nozzle and tip the trouble starts. Naturally I have no faith in replacing any more parts. I've got to the point where I'd rather spend for a new make.
I need a simple idiot proof ab that's all, so any suggestions welcome. thanks.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry to hear of your problem,I think your choice is a personal thing as one mans meat is another man's poison, I use a mr hobby procon boy with a 2 needle you can get them with bigger but saying that I've a couple of bart sharpe sub thirty pounders that get just as much use ,the only advise I would give is whatever your choice make sure the seals can cope with lacquer products , as a final thought its your choice I dont know quite how to put this without upsetting too many but there's a lot of airbrush tarts out there ,I spend a lot of time fishing and the same applies a awfull lot of tackle tarts but it doesn't mean there going to catch more fish. Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Sorry to hear of the airbrush problems but I agree, enough is enough. Have you considered an Iwata trigger airbrush like Bob has just bought. Maybe a pm to him for his thoughts.
Jim

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Sorry to hear of your problem,I think your choice is a personal thing as one mans meat is another man's poison, I use a mr hobby procon boy with a 2 needle you can get them with bigger but saying that I've a couple of bart sharpe sub thirty pounders that get just as much use ,the only advise I would give is whatever your choice make sure the seals can cope with lacquer products , as a final thought its your choice I dont know quite how to put this without upsetting too many but there's a lot of airbrush tarts out there ,I spend a lot of time fishing and the same applies a awfull lot of tackle tarts but it doesn't mean there going to catch more fish. Dave
There's 'kit tarts' in all hobbies - get a lot of them in airgunning (spend £4k on guns and still can't hit anything!)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes do agree choice is a personal thing David. I've been looking at the Mr Hobby procon. Also I could risk it and get a new nozzle / needle set for the Ultra , unfortunately no .4 in stock. As I only spray acrylic seals wouldn't be a problem. But now I've lost all faith in buying spares for the H& S.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Sorry to hear of the airbrush problems but I agree, enough is enough. Have you considered an Iwata trigger airbrush like Bob has just bought. Maybe a pm to him for his thoughts.
Jim
Might well do that Jim, thanks. So many makes, don't want cheap one and have problems, nor spend what I did for the INFINITY either. :confused:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There's 'kit tarts' in all hobbies - get a lot of them in airgunning (spend £4k on guns and still can't hit anything!)
Too easy to fall for the adverts Gerry.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just out of interest, my Iwatta doesn’t have seals .......it’s an eclipse HP-SBS side feed. Strip down in seconds and everything is easy to reach for cleaning. I’ve had it for around seven years and it’s done everything I want and never missed a beat. I’ve even sprayed dilute PVA through it to solidify scatter foliage on bushes.....

• Wow
Reactions: JR