1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry, misleading you there, the paint cup has one PTFE seal on the base thread so you can strip it for easy cleaning....the only other seals are on the air path, well away from any solvents.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry, misleading you there, the paint cup has one PTFE seal on the base thread so you can strip it for easy cleaning....the only other seals are on the air path, well away from any solvents.
Thanks Tim, another model to look at .

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just out of interest, my Iwatta doesn’t have seals .......it’s an eclipse HP-SBS side feed. Strip down in seconds and everything is easy to reach for cleaning. I’ve had it for around seven years and it’s done everything I want and never missed a beat. I’ve even sprayed dilute PVA through it to solidify scatter foliage on bushes.....
Sounds like a 'keeper' - and versatile :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Having searched and read and reread numerous articals on ab's I've narrowed it down to a Neo for Iwata CN Airbrush, REF: IW-NEO-CN

Comes with a .35 needle etc, should match my Iwata Smart Jet Pro Airbrush Compressor
REF: C-IW-SMARTP that I bought last year. Can upgrade the needle set to a .5 when required , but no stock at the moment. :crying:
Just want something simple, easy to clean.
I did have a helpful pm from Bob re the trigger version , which in his case is just the job
Any comments welcome.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just emailed Aircraftnet asking a few questions, as soon as I get a reply I can order. Until then plenty to do in the greenhouse.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

I know this is a matter of taste and personal preference, however I have always used a Badger 100 series gravity feed airbrush. The biggest advantage is that it was designed for airbrushing cakes. So there.

John

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

I know this is a matter of taste and personal preference, however I have always used a Badger 100 series gravity feed airbrush. The biggest advantage is that it was designed for airbrushing cakes. So there.

John
Thanks John, there are so many to choose from, its rather bewildering . How ever I've ordered a Iwata by Neo, cheap and cheerful, hopefully I will get on with this better.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As you can see above in my reply to John, its now on order, hopefully it will be here tomorrow, with luck !

Great service form Aircraftnet, they replied to my message with in the hr and were helpful in their reply to my questions.
Lets hope that this is the start of better spray work.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
As you can see above in my reply to John, its now on order, hopefully it will be here tomorrow, with luck !

Great service form Aircraftnet, they replied to my message with in the hr and were helpful in their reply to my questions.
Lets hope that this is the start of better spray work.
Nice to hear of a company that can be bothered to reply to a query quickly!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to hear of a company that can be bothered to reply to a query quickly!
It is Gerry, I've dealt with them a few times over the years, Martin is very knowledgeable and helpful.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Having just had a full on hail storm for 10 mins I'll begin.

2020_4.jpg2020_2.jpg
2020_3.jpg

2020.jpg

Liking the new ab, feel ok and nice to use. Having cleaned it well after the primer I had to use the optivisor to put the nozzle back on, its so small . Going have to be care full taking that out I can see, definitely will do it over a large white plastic lid. In putting the needle back in I now have to have a finger on the side of the entry point and line the needle up with that. Going to take a while to familiarise myself with this.

The pressure was set for 20psi, the AK primer mixed at approx 34/40 % thinners. A very fine line was very easy to produce and the trigger is positive.
Leaving overnight to dry fully, then a coat of chipping followed by the 4BO. Looking fwd to seeing how the new AK 3rd gen works in this ab.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome .

Dzhon.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking at this in primer without the tracks on, just shouts "TOON TANK" ! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::thumb2:;) Good to hear you are getting along with your new AB.......hope it works out for you. I'm still using the same one I bought 40 plus years ago......cant seem to wear it out. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking at this in primer without the tracks on, just shouts "TOON TANK" ! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::thumb2:;) Good to hear you are getting along with your new AB.......hope it works out for you. I'm still using the same one I bought 40 plus years ago......cant seem to wear it out. Rick H.
Hi Rick, it does indeed, perhaps that's where they got the idea!
The turret looks far too big in hight. Certainly couldn't hide behind a low wall of hedge!
I'm of the opinion that had I been spraying Tamiya or some other none acrylic paint and I hadn't had a mix up with the tips etc none of this would have happened.
Hope your getting on with those new brushes ?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Having just had a full on hail storm for 10 mins I'll begin.

View attachment 419777View attachment 419776
View attachment 419778

View attachment 419779

Liking the new ab, feel ok and nice to use. Having cleaned it well after the primer I had to use the optivisor to put the nozzle back on, its so small . Going have to be care full taking that out I can see, definitely will do it over a large white plastic lid. In putting the needle back in I now have to have a finger on the side of the entry point and line the needle up with that. Going to take a while to familiarise myself with this.

The pressure was set for 20psi, the AK primer mixed at approx 34/40 % thinners. A very fine line was very easy to produce and the trigger is positive.
Leaving overnight to dry fully, then a coat of chipping followed by the 4BO. Looking fwd to seeing how the new AK 3rd gen works in this ab.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome .

Dzhon.
Glad to hear the new airbrush is working well. I have to use the optivisor too when putting mine on.... And I have varifocal lenses in my glasses already....:loudly-crying:.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hang on, send the AB back, its sprayed red not 4BO stuff!!
Greetings Bob aka Mr StuG . Fear not, that's only a primer, tomorrow hopefully the 4BO will flow !

It's ok, need the red lead as a undercoat to stop the rust ;)
Ha, Gerry.
I see I have two of you to contend with ;):smiling2:.

Hi John
Glad the new airbrush is working out well.
Jim
Thanks Jim, feel much better being able to put some paint on with out a right.

I missed all the airbrush bother....what a pain!:confounded:

Glad you’ve got the new one under control so quickly and hope you can get your 3rd gen paints through nicely :thumb2:
Hi Si thanks. Yes looking fwd to seeing tomorrow if it handles it well.
I'd sent you an Gmail with the Bunker video on, will have to check it went tomorrow.